The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
250 million torward imagination...I can't tell if that's enough given what rides cost the days.

Some searching sites rat in Paris cost 270m in 2014...

I would love to see Coco happen for Gran Fiesta. I think it is an amazing fit, and was a great movie. Imagination 4.0 . . well, yes, if it shows the same kind of imagination that the original ride did. I wouldn't mind Brazil either, and a ride in UK seems like a smart idea. I suspect with the completion of the skyliner, there will be a renewed, and significant flow of people into the International Gateway of Epcot. Having rides both in France, and the UK would help to get those crowds moving in both directions, and spreading out, where as I would think that if they only do Rat in France, then the large majority of those International Gateway arrivals would head towards France, causing perhaps a traffic flow issue.

just out of curiousity, was the $450m for Brazil met with thoughts that is was higher or lower than expected. Seems like a decent chunk of money for a pavilion without a ride

If Imagination 4.0 is really back on, I'd like to see *that* get a higher budget than another pavilion ... it's a great pavilion and a great character - needs a great attraction!
Two issues - first was the insider stated half would be Brazil paid, the other half would be Disney paid - Martin's main issue was Brazil would not be paying it, it would be sponsored by some other company instead. the other issue is in the past, if the site was not "sponsored" it wasn't done, Disney didn't pay into it that much.

The over all price was felt to be pretty much on target.

I would love to see Coco happen for Gran Fiesta. I think it is an amazing fit, and was a great movie. Imagination 4.0 . . well, yes, if it shows the same kind of imagination that the original ride did. I wouldn't mind Brazil either, and a ride in UK seems like a smart idea. I suspect with the completion of the skyliner, there will be a renewed, and significant flow of people into the International Gateway of Epcot. Having rides both in France, and the UK would help to get those crowds moving in both directions, and spreading out, where as I would think that if they only do Rat in France, then the large majority of those International Gateway arrivals would head towards France, causing perhaps a traffic flow issue.
So per this rumor, this is where I have some doubts.

First I fully agree with you Coco is a great fit, but per Martin at WDWMagic.com - the issue with Coco in mexico was NOT money. So not sure if there is a technical issue or an issue with the Mexican Pavillion.

Secondly per multiple insiders - there are long term plans for up to 3 new Pavilions in WS - Brazil being the first by many insiders. to date, there is real confusion as to why this has not started breaking ground...except there may still be some issues on the sponsorship.

At the end of the day, IF, and with the Fox purchase I wonder how solid IF is...we could see - UK ride, Rat ride - Brazil and maybe two other Pavilions in WS along with the skyliner to really make WS more fresh and a new night time show to go with it all.

IF it all happens.....

Am I the only one who would be sort of bothered if they add an odd number of pavilions to the WS? It would throw off the symmetry!

Well yes, but the US is in the center with 5 pavilions on each side. Adding unequal numbers to each side would throw off the balance.

But they aren't spaced symmetrically - the plots of land that aren't filled are uneven (I forget but there's like 5 or 6 unfilled plots)- so even though the # is symmetrical, the design is not remotely.

So per this rumor, this is where I have some doubts.

First I fully agree with you Coco is a great fit, but per Martin at WDWMagic.com - the issue with Coco in mexico was NOT money. So not sure if there is a technical issue or an issue with the Mexican Pavillion.

Secondly per multiple insiders - there are long term plans for up to 3 new Pavilions in WS - Brazil being the first by many insiders. to date, there is real confusion as to why this has not started breaking ground...except there may still be some issues on the sponsorship.

At the end of the day, IF, and with the Fox purchase I wonder how solid IF is...we could see - UK ride, Rat ride - Brazil and maybe two other Pavilions in WS along with the skyliner to really make WS more fresh and a new night time show to go with it all.

IF it all happens.....
I'm curious as to what you meant by putting the Fox purchase in there. Do you think they're running into money issues or are going to because of this purchase or did you mean something else by it? Thanks for all of the updates you and @rteetz have been great!

Heading into the 50th that is not good. I know it's the broadcasting area and not parks that this acquisition is for, but I truly wonder how much it's going to actually benefit them.
I guess the good part was Comcast bailed and didn’t drive the price up any higher.

Part of the cost may also be helped by what Disney gets for what it sells off - the RSN in the Fox deal have to be sold off, so if they get a decent price.... Plus if the SKY portion isn't a big deal for Disney, could they sell that off as well? Who knows, so there may be less financial issues, or more depending on what Disney decides to do about Sky once this deal gets done.

but as @rteetz has stated, many insiders have concerns of what happens to the budget post this deal.

Part of the cost may also be helped by what Disney gets for what it sells off - the RSN in the Fox deal have to be sold off, so if they get a decent price.... Plus if the SKY portion isn't a big deal for Disney, could they sell that off as well? Who knows, so there may be less financial issues, or more depending on what Disney decides to do about Sky once this deal gets done.

but as @rteetz has stated, many insiders have concerns of what happens to the budget post this deal.

Iger refers to Sky as the crown jewel of this deal, if they manage to get it, I can't imagine they sell it off. But the potential budget cuts is fairly concerning to alot of the higher ups I've spoken with.

While people might be right when speculating about budget cuts there is another side to consider. Its not just a matter of Disney paying money to buy Fox, its also the fact that Fox's revenues and earnings are now Disney's. So essentially, Disney is paying for Fox with its own earnings. Hopefully this is accretive to the total WDC earnings once the deal is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter