The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Martin on WDWMagic

And in regards to the Future World overhaul...
I understand the reason for it crawling along (considering all the other construction happening all over the park (including in Epcot itself), but I think that pretty much means the "edutainment" concept could be finally seeing its final days in the next few years

My guess is they will go the same route the east side of the park --- and just ditch the educational aspects of the Land and the Sea. My guess is they would ditch Living with the Land and Nemo and put in more "exciting" attractions . and based on all the recent additions to Epcot -- my guess is they would be IP based.

Probably focus on the Sea first, my guess is that the LAND pavilion gets a lot of traffic with Soaring, the food court and the restaurant (with the boat ride an afterthought).

While the Sea was exciting to my son and Turtle Talk is pretty fun for the kids, I feel they "aquarium" aspect of the pavilion feels like an afterthought and needs a refresh. Frankly, it is not that big or educational compared to even small, local aquariums scattered around the country.

Last edited:
One way to take this also could be...what they use for future updates post Fox.

Yes, there will be budget crunch for a period of time, but once we get past that, and the movie rights and such they get come rolling in, we could see some future adds, with some new IP as well.

Not saying I know this for sure, but I can see it happening. Just a gut feeling.

One way to take this also could be...what they use for future updates post Fox.

Yes, there will be budget crunch for a period of time, but once we get past that, and the movie rights and such they get come rolling in, we could see some future adds, with some new IP as well.

Not saying I know this for sure, but I can see it happening. Just a gut feeling.

Hopefully the budget crunch more results in pushing back some things rather than cutting corners on things they do build (though, I suspect there will be both). To me, there is so much new that I would rather they do what they are building as "right" as possible than try to fit in one or two more things.

But definitely makes sense to wait and really get a sense of the new IPs they are getting and seeign what could fit or not rather than "rush" something else now only to find that it would have been better to wait

I really wish they would work on Hollywood studios more first before moving onto Epcot. And tomorrowland with replacements for Buzz, stitch and laugh floor.

Future world needs a massive overhaul but I think the above should be done first

I really wish they would work on Hollywood studios more first before moving onto Epcot. And tomorrowland with replacements for Buzz, stitch and laugh floor.

Future world needs a massive overhaul but I think the above should be done first

You're gonna have to fight my 5-year-old. You can probably take him, but there would be a lot of 5-year-olds right behind him. :laughing:

But seriously, the ride seems to be quite popular so I don't think it needs to be replaced. Even if the "game play" could probably be better.

However, to stop the trains for rolling way down hill.....
there is still a rumor for Stitch replacement, hopefully in time for 50th, but nothing for Laugh floor or buzz, at least not to my knowledge.

I don't think Buzz needs to be replaced - more it needs an upgrade or some heavy maintenance ... if you had the guns from Disneyland and some updated animatronics and just some work so that the shooting/scoring is more accurate I think you have a fine attraction - certainly plenty of others that need to be replaced before it

One could argue it isn't in the proper location but definitely feels more "tomorrow"-ish than, say Monsters Inc Laugh Floor

Hollywood studios certainly won't be perfect or complete after Galaxy's Edge is open - but that is a lot of work that has now been done to that park, you will have 3 new true E-ticket level attractions (the two Star Wars ones and Mickey/Minnies Runaway train) and a new mini-land in Toy Storyland. Plus, I assume at least some tweaking to where Launch Bay is now

So can understand wanting to "plus" the other parks as plenty of new stuff to draw crowds to DHS for a number of years

Listening to the latest Disney Dish podcast episode with Jim Hill and Len Testa, focused on restaurants.

Unidentified (but established and successfully operating multiple locations outside Disney) restaurant group has signed deal to take over Bongos location in Disney Springs in late 2019 with an established/proven concept — that is not Cuban food. They hypothesized that building would be demolished and rebuilt.

I don't think Buzz needs to be replaced - more it needs an upgrade or some heavy maintenance ... if you had the guns from Disneyland and some updated animatronics and just some work so that the shooting/scoring is more accurate I think you have a fine attraction - certainly plenty of others that need to be replaced before it

One could argue it isn't in the proper location but definitely feels more "tomorrow"-ish than, say Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
I will be honest, I have never wanted to ride it, nor have I rode it, just not my cup of tea. But by most sources I have seen, its a goner, and will be replaced.
I really wish the WiR had gone through, as that could have been alot of fun, but alas no.

I will be honest, I have never wanted to ride it, nor have I rode it, just not my cup of tea. But by most sources I have seen, its a goner, and will be replaced.
I really wish the WiR had gone through, as that could have been alot of fun, but alas no.

Buzz is a gonner? Just wanted to confirm as a few attractions were mentioned. Still seems to get long lines so surprised that of all the Tomorrowland attractions that would be the one that goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter