• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it is worth, there was a conversation about the new show on wdwmagic yesterday. One poster commented that the show is still early in development. This was followed up by magicfeather, a poster that is well documented as true insider on the site. His reply to that person's comment was "I wouldn't say early." I believe that it is farther along than some would think. That being said, I don't see this happening within the next few months like wdwnt claims.

I too don't believe the two are related. I've heard from multiple sources that the theater money is going to one of three places;
1) New attraction in Adventureland (possibly Moana, Jungle Book?)
2) Being put toward a new monorail fleet (Disney have approached a number of monorail manufacturers in recent weeks - I think the monorail red door incident kicked Disney's butt into gear with that one)
3) Money will be used to subsidize some projected overspend on other upcoming experiences such as Tron.
ugh Jungle Book belongs in AK why is this so difficultttt

this from Magic Penguin really summarizes well what may or may not be happening due to Capex conversations at WDW.

n General / Park Wide
  • The Great Capex Recession {all new}
    • It seems that some of the projects announced and unannounced are being cut or scaled back due to reduction in allotted capex (capital expenditure budget). [here]
      • The D23-announced Main Street Theater looks to be definitely cut (or put off to some indefinite future).
      • It may likely be cancelling or putting off to much later the Coco overlay of Gran Fiesta [here]
  • The Great Park Fight {all new}
    • parks are vying (with the exception of MK) for ride systems (e.g., Shanghai Pirates or FoP Theater) and maybe over an IP (e.g., Indy) [here]
    • Indy for a big DAK version [Dino to Indy; Restarauntosaurus to Adventurer theme, wooden coaster in place of Dinoland, and a non-Indy boat ride replaces Nemo theater all in a Central/South America section of the park] or a cheaper DHS version (which isn't a coaster, but is an E-Ticket [boat ride, likely with Shanghai PotC mechanics] with store & restaurant) [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here] and [here]
      • the boat ride IP replacing Nemo is one that isn't used in the parks yet [here]
      • contrary: there is no battle over a single IP (such as Indy), it's over mechanical systems [here] or, indeed there is 2 parks vying for one IP and 3 parks vying for a ride system [here]
    • the E-Ticket that may come to DHS wouldn't be in time for SWL's opening [here] and is likely, if it is greenlighted, to be the boat ride [here]
      • contrary: more Indy isn't greenlit for DHS (but may be later??) [here]
    • The Flight of Passage mechanics is in the mix for cloning at some time in the future [here]

The links in the thread link to WDWMagic.com threads where known and trusted insiders have dropped hints - like Martin, Magicfeather and a few others.
So a follow up to this, and what I feel is really, really good news....

From Martin at WDWMagic.com the following are still in the cue to happen, and not budget cuts:
Rat ride, GotG, SW:GE(yes duh...), Mickey ride, Tron AND Brazil(sans ride), UK attraction, speedway revamp.

So of what has been cut - Theater - he stated the money is going to a better option...still not sure what yet
Also looks like Coco is on the back burner as well.

So a follow up to this, and what I feel is really, really good news....

From Martin at WDWMagic.com the following are still in the cue to happen, and not budget cuts:
Rat ride, GotG, SW:GE(yes duh...), Mickey ride, Tron AND Brazil(sans ride), UK attraction, speedway revamp.

So of what has been cut - Theater - he stated the money is going to a better option...still not sure what yet
Also looks like Coco is on the back burner as well.

All in all, knowing in reality things get adjusted (plans, budget, goals of leadership, etc) if everything in the cue does come to be that is pretty darn great

Any word on any of the work to the EPCOT entrance/spine/etc?

All in all, knowing in reality things get adjusted (plans, budget, goals of leadership, etc) if everything in the cue does come to be that is pretty darn great

Any word on any of the work to the EPCOT entrance/spine/etc?
Last I heard, the spine project is still on, but pushed way back. Also, not positive they have locked into final design as of yet

Latest snippet released by Insider Martin at WDWMagic.com - on UK addition:
There was an IP based dark ride. Then a possible whip or carousel of the same IP. Then a dark ride again. Then another IP came along. Then it became a carousel. Then possibly a dark ride again.

So if we follow the history...I think..
It was to be a dark ride - then whip or carousel of that IP(unknown IP - Brave maybe?) then dark ride again...then came new IP(Mary Poppins??) now hopefully back to a dark ride. Can't make this stuff up...

Latest snippet released by Insider Martin at WDWMagic.com - on UK addition:

So if we follow the history...I think..
It was to be a dark ride - then whip or carousel of that IP(unknown IP - Brave maybe?) then dark ride again...then came new IP(Mary Poppins??) now hopefully back to a dark ride. Can't make this stuff up...

A carousel would definitely fit Mary Poppins but not sure about other IP - I mean I guess Brave as there are horses in the film - but unless you get to shoot arrows while riding seems a bit of a stretch

A carousel would definitely fit Mary Poppins but not sure about other IP - I mean I guess Brave as there are horses in the film - but unless you get to shoot arrows while riding seems a bit of a stretch
okay have to say that would have been really cool to shoot arrows and such :D

Latest and greatest....yeah you won't believe it either - timing on this is end of 2020, so similar timings to Rat ride. So if this IS a dark ride, they have to get hopping pretty soon I would think.

In days of old there was a ring near the carousel, if you grabbed the ring you got a free ride. Imagine now with a Brave tie-in that you could shoot an arrow through the ring using virtual reality... Or use the ride seats from FoP to follow dots alighting ahead of you down a dark path through a simulator (like the rat ride). Things that make you go hmmm.

Since TLJ thread is closed, thought I’d post this here. Looks like John Williams joins some of us hoping that Kylo Ren lied to Rey about her parentage...

“Rey’s parents might be identified to us in the next film,” Williams told kusc.org.

The interviewer then remarks, “I hope so.”

Williams replied, “I hope so, too.”

The interviewer went on to say, “I assume they are pretty extraordinary. Somebody tried to tell her that they were anonymous people who died in the desert. I don’t believe that.”

“Yes. I don’t believe it either,” Williams said.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/03/...eling-j-j-abrams-will-fix-rey-for-episode-ix/

In days of old there was a ring near the carousel, if you grabbed the ring you got a free ride. Imagine now with a Brave tie-in that you could shoot an arrow through the ring using virtual reality... Or use the ride seats from FoP to follow dots alighting ahead of you down a dark path through a simulator (like the rat ride). Things that make you go hmmm.

I still think a Marry Poppins carousel could work. I also wouldn't put it past them to do ground clearing and such while building the gondola station at the IG. The sites butt up to each other from what I can tell on the map. Rat is only at ground clearing, pretty much, haven't seen too much vertical, so they could get the area in the UK ready and not be too much farther behind than Rat while clearing for the station.

Since TLJ thread is closed, thought I’d post this here. Looks like John Williams joins some of us hoping that Kylo Ren lied to Rey about her parentage...

“Rey’s parents might be identified to us in the next film,” Williams told kusc.org.

The interviewer then remarks, “I hope so.”

Williams replied, “I hope so, too.”

The interviewer went on to say, “I assume they are pretty extraordinary. Somebody tried to tell her that they were anonymous people who died in the desert. I don’t believe that.”

“Yes. I don’t believe it either,” Williams said.

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/03/...eling-j-j-abrams-will-fix-rey-for-episode-ix/

I'd love for her lineage to tie into Rebels some how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter