The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to do a satellite picture of the area to show what I'm talking about. I'll see if I can do that later today.
So you could theoretically do it via the red line I drew. However that’s the service area for France right now. If you have guests walking through that area you cut out your access during the day to service those dining locations on the front side of France.

A2ED0AFB-351D-4DE3-BA63-442FC1BEB333.jpeg

So you could theoretically do it via the red line I drew. However that’s the service area for France right now. If you have guests walking through that area you cut out your access during the day to service those dining locations on the front side of France.

View attachment 519166
Yes, that's exactly what I was thinking about @rteetz! You're right about the service access though. Something would have to be worked out for that. I briefly thought about exiting through the CS location but that would really make for more congestion as you would have the people exiting the movie, the CS customers and then the ride people all crowding through a relatively small area.

got some fun news from Martin yesterday at WDWMagic.com

There were originally 11 individual MK refresh plans - one of which was Sugar Rush Racers for SGE.

How those plans are now I hate to think (or in some cases would be glad)
Suggested 11 updates by other users:
1 Jungle cruise
2 Thunder Mountain
3 Country Bear Jamboree
4 Tiki Room
5 Haunted Mansion
6 it’s a small world
7 Philharmagic
8 TTA
9 Stitch
10 Carousel of Progress
11 Speedway

Martin then stated that BTM and HM were a seperate project.

He also stated he has no idea of status on any of these, but expects changes or cuts
He also confirmed CoP was scheduled to be upgraded FOR the 50th - again no idea on status now
He also stated that Sugar Rush is still possible..... for DHS not Stitch

got some fun news from Martin yesterday at WDWMagic.com

Suggested 11 updates by other users:
1 Jungle cruise
2 Thunder Mountain
3 Country Bear Jamboree
4 Tiki Room
5 Haunted Mansion
6 it’s a small world
7 Philharmagic
8 TTA
9 Stitch
10 Carousel of Progress
11 Speedway

Martin then stated that BTM and HM were a seperate project.

He also stated he has no idea of status on any of these, but expects changes or cuts
He also confirmed CoP was scheduled to be upgraded FOR the 50th - again no idea on status now
He also stated that Sugar Rush is still possible..... for DHS not Stitch

Took my a while to work out that SGE meant Stictch, not Galaxy's Edge :) :oops:

Has there been any talk late about what's happening with Spaceship Earth? I know the big rehab has been postponed - any smaller refurbishments rumored to take place/when?

I have a question/ scenario. Since packages can presently be book up to Sep 2021, is it safe to assume Disney will wait closer to the end of 2020 or even possibly early 2021 to allow booking the remainder of 2021?

I have a question/ scenario. Since packages can presently be book up to Sep 2021, is it safe to assume Disney will wait closer to the end of 2020 or even possibly early 2021 to allow booking the remainder of 2021?

I don't think anything is "safe" but I really think they will wait until at least early 2021 to see how things are going to open up for the later part of 2021

I don't think anything is "safe" but I really think they will wait until at least early 2021 to see how things are going to open up for the later part of 2021
Disney is probably waiting on how to price stays for the 50th due to the pandemic.

I agree guys. And I yes "safe" is probably relative. Anything could cause them to change their mind.

Rumor

More rumors from pheneix on WDWMagic, Martin has confirmed some of it, his responses at the bottom.
pheneix said:
Been wondering what would be worthwhile to post about as the "thing" I keep hearing about is not ready for public consumption. Having said that, here are some thoughts.

Disney can brag about how much debt cash they raised but the FY21 budgets reflect realism. A lot of low level and mid sized park projects are being crammed into the schedule just so they can use every scrap of cash left this year. It will not be available next year.

China market and Mulan issues are interesting and loop back to rumors about drama at the Chinese parks. Shoulda seen all this coming.

The Guardians ride at Epcot cost $450 million. I am not messing with you all.

There was a huge $200 million plus tower coming to Polynesian before the economy imploded. Now we just get Moana rooms.

Epcot.... that's why I really came on here to post. That park is in serious trouble. The overall low attendance and park hours cuts have been talked to death. What doesn't seem to be discussed too much is how the loss of private events hurts. One medium sized event at Epcot paid for nearly a week's worth of Illuminations shows. This is a fall and winter season where that revenue is knee capped. The forward looking business on this front is not that great. So much so that the whole dinner table looking thing seems "off the table." The point of it was to massively increase event space and revenue ops.

Disney really backed themselves into a corner with the near term operations at Epcot. The new Ratatouille ride seems like its not opening until mid 2021. Word is Burbank wants all parks projects held off until 2021. They think a more appropriate time to bundle and market everything will arise then.

Layoffs.... we all see what is in front of us. Cast member food banks are a depressing sight to see. There are a lot of people to blame for that. Disney being near the bottom given the park closures. Does it even need to be formally called "layoffs" anymore? Furloughed indefinitely seems like a future that's equally as insecure.
D5195094-1210-47D4-8A04-CB5B6BD010C6.jpeg937DF665-1997-4FC1-BD7D-8F0865CFBECE.jpeg

Rumor

More rumors from pheneix on WDWMagic, Martin has confirmed some of it, his responses at the bottom.

View attachment 523472View attachment 523473
What I don’t really understand is if Rat is going to be done this year and Epcot needs attendance why would you open that attraction to drive people to that park? I

I have heard good occupancy numbers for this weekend. Other than that year not so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter