• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread—2023

January was a good month!

Running: 100 miles

Yoga: 30 days (I really love the Yoga with Adriene 30 day challenge!)

Strength: 2x week (back on the Many Happy Miles wagon with AMR - and the live strength classes are really good!)

I hope I can keep this up going forward. Even with a wild work month and so many personal things going on, the routine I’m in feels manageable!

January 2023 totals
Distance: 166.5km (103mi)
Average pace: 6m47s/km (10:53/mi)
YTD: 166km on 20223km but do I want to keep track of this?

I would call January a transition month:
Transition from 2022 to 2023
Transition from the warm weather of vacation to snowstorms
Transition to a new training plan focused on different objectives
Transition from crazy busy projects at work to a more manageable load
Transition from a pile of fabric to six mostly completed Springtime Surprise tank tops

I am satisfied with what I accomplished, with what I decided to focus on, including the recognition that I was tired and needed that lull. February, here I come!

January 2023
Running Distance: 92.73 miles
Running Time: 15:09:41
Average Running Pace: 9:49/mile

Not terrible considering I took two whole weeks off after Dopey. Would've liked to hit 100 miles for the month, but those numbers will come starting in February as my training for my next race ramps up.

January Training Summary
Running Miles: 82.63 mi
Running Time: 16:05:31
Average Pace: 11:46/mi
Average HR: 141/min

Other
Walking: 62.11 mi
Rolling yearly running: 1,735.93 mi

January was certainly a roller coaster! It started with Dopey #6 at Marathon Weekend, which was a great time both running and catching up with folks from the board during the met-ups. I did end up bringing home a cold, which wasn't fun, but didn't really impact anything as it hit and largely passed during my recovery week. DW managed to pick up COVID while I was gone, though. I got a week of easy running in during MLK week, but the following Monday COVID had hold of me. It wasn't pleasant, but wasn't too bad, and I seem to be mostly past it and returned to running last night, but it definitely knocked down my running mileage for the month. Here's hoping that February rings in a bit more normalcy and consistency!

January Training Summary

Running duration = 31:01 hours
Running mileage = 214 miles
Average Pace = 8:42 min/mile (about 80 sec/mile slower than marathon PR)
Average HR = 128 (17 bpm less than marathon)
Strength Training = 5:07 hours
Total Training Time = 36:08 hours

January training was good. Remained healthy and have gotten the spring training schedule kicked off. Aiming for Princess, and then several races from March-April (and a few with G after that). Weather was mostly agreeable in January, and was much easier to maneuver around than last year. I don't think I had to move any hard days because of weather, and I've only had to do a few treadmill runs when I was solo dad. Body is in good shape, but not in peak shape. Getting flashes of being in a good place, and then a come back down to earth type run after that. But since I'm only 5-6 weeks into the training at this point, that's about expected. G has gotten out there for a few runs, but I'm not terribly worried about her capabilities to run the Princess 5k. I hadn't planned on wearing anything special for the 10k or HM, but then my wife got me a pair of green running shorts. I had nothing matching them and didn't find anything I liked online to match. So I designed my own cherry blossom running tank (link). Then, my wife suggested a Maui costume would look good with the green shorts. So then I spent hours and hours and hours designing a Maui tank, and then a Maui hook (link). So January was pretty busy with cosplay designing. G says she has an idea about what she wants to do next for cosplay, but doesn't want to share it with me yet. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter