The Running Thread—2023

It took me way too long to get a pair of Shokz headphones. I still can't believe that I killed four pairs of Apple Airpods Pro before getting a pair of waterproof headphones that can withstand my sweat.
I’m amazed; I sweat like a snowman in the desert and haven’t managed to kill mine yet.

QOTD: What single running product you wish you had known about before you started running, but did not and was told about it later?

ATTQOTD: Body Glide!!! It was bad, and I had no idea this product existed and the greatness it offered. Doesn't leave marks on clothes, easy to apply and works like a charm. If your new to running, get to your local run store or order some on amazon now!
I wish SOMEONE would have told me about this before it was too late.

ATTQOTD: A & D ointment for the spots you missed with bodyglide that you thought no way would get chafed.

@LSUlakes seriously though Bodyglide is number 1, or 2 Toms or Squirrel Nut butter. Anything to stop the chafe.

ATTQOTD: Balega blister proof socks. They're the only socks I've found to not give me blisters no matter how wet they get. See: sweating like a snowman in the desert
Yes, I was just about to write this. OMG, they save my feet!
Strangely enough, Balega blister proof socks have actually given me blisters with a higher frequency than Balega Hidden Comfort have.

ATTQOTD: I'm going to have to go with Aftershokz headphones, as well. I started my running journey with those weird Samsung Bluetooth headphones that had the collar that fit around your neck with short wires running to earbuds coming out of it.

So for the virtual races, do you need to worry about registering day of? I’ve never done any of them before!

ATTQOTD:
I didn't start running much until I was already a bit involved on the boards here, and that, combined with a couple of fb groups really saved me a ton of time figuring out what gear was worth the initial investment. Most of the things already mentioned were early purchases for me (balega blister resist socks, shokz, bodyglide, etc.)

I would say that the *best* thing was getting fitted for shoes. Not really a "gear" thing, but I was just running in some nikes (that said they were running shoes) that were making my ankles pronate more than they should have, and getting fitted for shoes made a huge difference.

ATTQOTD: There are two products that I wish I had known about sooner, well, I knew about them so a better phrase would be two items that I wish I had tried sooner. First, as others have mentioned, shokz. Just bought a pair in the last week or so and totally worth the hype. Way better than whatever cheap wireless headphones that I was using. Second, sports bras with pockets! I hate running with a belt so these extra pockets come in very handy on long runs.

ATTQOTD: I wish I had known about salt tabs sooner. These changed my life when I started using them last summer. I used to get terrible raging headaches after long summer runs. No more! Now I use them almost every run.

Darn that virtual summer theme! I swore I wouldn't pay for any more virtuals because it just seems silly to me, but now I'm tempted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter