The Running Thread—2023

QOTD: Lets discuss running shirts. What type do you run in (material, cut, ect)? Any reason why you picked one over the other?

I do most of my running in InkNBurn (RIP) shirts. They strike just the right balance of quality/wicking and fun designs for me. I also have some of their singlets, but I find singlets to be uncomfortable to run in between the increased chafing risk and feeling a bit too exposed.

The one problem I do have with InB shirts is that they tend to get rubbed and damaged easily, so if I'm wearing a hydration belt or Tracer360, I don't wear them. In those cases, I go with a quality wicking shirt from someone like NB, Nike or Brooks.

ATTQOTD: if it’s 50 or above, I’m probably in a tank in the spring, but 50 in the fall is a tshirt. I have to watch out on how the side seams are—if the threads are exposed on the outside of the shirt, my underarms get chafed.

ATTQOTD: I live in FL so I run in as little as possible since I’m such a sweaty runner. I run in my sports bra or a cropped tank most of the time. I wear a regular tank if it’s not super warm (like today) and will add arm sleeves when necessary.

QOTD I’m in the less is more camp. At 40 degrees normal runs I’m in lightweight shorts and a long sleeve running shirt (usually a runDisney race shirt) Upper 40s lower 50s changes to shortsleeved and upper 50s is the lightest thinnest tank I can find. For races it’s shorts and a tank even in the 30s. As far as cut I don’t pay much attention as long as nothing is restricting but also not so loose that it will hang if it starts to rain or if it’s insanely hot and sweaty

ATTQOTD:I own exactly one SS non-race shirt (Nike Drifit that I bought 15 years ago when I started running) and one LS non-race shirt (Nike T neck that my daughter no longer wanted). Otherwise it's all race shirts--mostly Disney, some others. I'm pretty tolerant of shirts, as long as they're not snug. No sleeveless for me. I just don't want to see my upper arms.

Boston - When you know your boss's husband is fast, but when you stalk him on Strava and find out he ran a 2:33 Boston Marathon, you realize that he is very, very, very fast.

Running shirts - I almost run exclusively in Inkburn - tanks, tees, long sleeves, pullovers. No chafing. I also run in as little as possible. I'll do shorts and a t-shirt down into the mid-40s as long as the wind is light.

ATTQOTD: In the 40s I'll be in a short sleeve shirt. 50 and above it's a singlet. For any race over 30 degrees, I'll wear a singlet. Less is more for that. For the most part, I'll go with most running brands. I have a few Rabbit singlets I like the best for races. They're super light and they dry really well so you don't feel like you're wearing a lead vest at the dentists when they get wet.

ATTQOTD: I'm not picky about fabric until I'm into double-digit mileage, but I'm a wimp when it comes to temperature. Today it was about 50º out and windy, and I wore long sleeves (with shorts at least) because it was an easy run and I didn't want to be cold. I didn't really need the long sleeves, but I didn't mind them either.
It was 50 for me too and i wore a base, a long sleeve, and tights (plus gloves). i thought the conditions were marvelous. Basically i am whimpier than you :)

Congrats on the run! From what I have heard more people missed their goals that reached them. Was the rain worse than it looked on TV or a head wind? Just curious.
I didn’t find the rain too bad but I enjoy running in rain. I stepped in a lot of puddles. It seems people have loftier goals than the actually reach when running in Boston.

It was 50 for me too and i wore a base, a long sleeve, and tights (plus gloves). i thought the conditions were marvelous. Basically i am whimpier than you :)

How did you not sweat to death?! It was 50 here too and I almost took my shirt off halfway through.

The 50s are where I transition from short sleeves to long sleeves. The gloves come out in the lower 50s. There's no worrying about sweating to death. It probably comes from the majority of @garneska and my runs falling into the 80s and 90s with high humidity most of the year. We're wired to run in the heat and cool temps are a shock to our systems.

ATTQOTD: I run in skin cooler tops from De Soto Sport. They’re the lightest and most breathable shirts I’ve found, aside from my Norseman top. That one is pretty much mesh and gets saved for my long runs in the summer and fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter