• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Running Thread—2023

Running friends with Instagram accounts, who do y’all follow for tips, info, inspiration, ect related to running?
Such a great question:

My very favorite: runningexplained -- this is truly one of the most legit running information pages on social media and everything that comes out of this IG page is super close to what my own running coach tells me (and I trust her a 1000%!!). I also like run4prs but not as much.

Such a great question:

My very favorite: runningexplained -- this is truly one of the most legit running information pages on social media and everything that comes out of this IG page is super close to what my own running coach tells me (and I trust her a 1000%!!). I also like run4prs but not as much.
I like their podcasts too. Onceuponamarathon has lots of rundisney and Disney info.

Such a great question:

Another great one is run4prs.

@Disney at Heart and @OldSlowGoofyGuy Bert and i are officially signed up for the Damn Race.

Sylvia, it says no dogs allowed. I am hoping that means no dogs on course. I know Whisky would not be a good racer. I did want to bring her though so i did not have to board her. Pam has graciously accepted to dog sit while we run. We will have the dog crate with us so we can lock her up for the hour.

David, I am going for POT for Disney halfs at this race, if the weather cooperates. I have been running using an interval (4:30/30). Not sure if i will do that at the race but likely. Not sure how you feel about it. Either way, we can race and then meet up at the finish.

I am planning to pack a cooler with food so that we can hang out after for a bit. it will be a 2 hour drive for me but i can still wake up later than a disney race :)

@Disney at Heart and @OldSlowGoofyGuy Bert and i are officially signed up for the Damn Race.

Sylvia, it says no dogs allowed. I am hoping that means no dogs on course. I know Whisky would not be a good racer. I did want to bring her though so i did not have to board her. Pam has graciously accepted to dog sit while we run. We will have the dog crate with us so we can lock her up for the hour.

David, I am going for POT for Disney halfs at this race, if the weather cooperates. I have been running using an interval (4:30/30). Not sure if i will do that at the race but likely. Not sure how you feel about it. Either way, we can race and then meet up at the finish.

I am planning to pack a cooler with food so that we can hang out after for a bit. it will be a 2 hour drive for me but i can still wake up later than a disney race :)

Yes, “no dogs” means on the course. Whisky is fine to be at Big Oaks park. I look forward to seeing you all.

Running friends with Instagram accounts, who do y’all follow for tips, info, inspiration, ect related to running?
One I haven't seen mentioned that I enjoy is @theplantedrunner -- lots of good recipes, mindfulness tips and training info. I'm not plant-based but enjoy her perspective.

QOTD: What is your favorite movie that has running as a focal point of the film?
I love Brittany Runs a Marathon. Anytime I'm feeling lazy and need to kick start my training, I watch it for motivation.

I am going to be running the York (PA) half marathon on May 7. Anyone else running it? Has anyone run it in the past? It looks like a flat course. There is also a marathon held at the same time.

My training has been going well and I'm hoping for a good time. We'll see how the weather ends up being to see if a PR is possible. My current PR is 1:33:34.

@garneska, @Disney at Heart

I can give the intervals a try, violating the 'nothing new on race day' rule. I'll practice before then. Sub-55 will be a stretch for me. I suspect I will be bringing up the rear. Sigh.

I was planning on bringing some food too. Maybe we should do some menu planning.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting Whisky and maybe some new Disney runners.

AQOTD: Where I live, it tends to be hot and humid for a good part of the year, so my favorite shirt is . . . None. I’ll put a shirt on when the temperature drops below 50, and then it‘ll be usually a Nike short sleeve. I have some singlets I want to love (Adidas Adizero) but I’m wide up top, and the arm holes tend to chafe. I’ve thought about springing for some Tracksmith stuff, but I can‘t justify the cost for a shirt.

@garneska, @Disney at Heart

I can give the intervals a try, violating the 'nothing new on race day' rule. I'll practice before then. Sub-55 will be a stretch for me. I suspect I will be bringing up the rear. Sigh.

I was planning on bringing some food too. Maybe we should do some menu planning.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting Whisky and maybe some new Disney runners.
We will have picking up, hauling off, and washing down duties after the race, and then we always meet with the other race coordinators and timers afterward to do a post-assessment over lunch. But there are picnic tables all around Big Oaks as well as places for sunning, wading, swimming, boating, fishing, playgrounds, chasing geese (might be a Whisky thing?). You can bring a swimsuit and chair if you want to
hang out and lounge for a while. There are real restrooms available for changing, or you are all welcome at our house if you want a quick shower and head to Southern Hart Brewery or Boathouse Grill, all of which are only a few miles away. Small town stuff, but just some ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter