The Running Thread - 2018

Congrats @Ariel484 and great job continuing those workouts.

I had three great nieces/nephew at my house last night for a family celebration. Two of them are right at 6 months old and I was holding my great niece and it was so awesome. She's all plump and soft and her little head just smelled so lovely. My shoulder was completely soaked in saliva by the end as she's teething and was gumming away at my shoulder most of the time. Babies are amazing and beautiful and wonderful and exhausting and frustrating and simply miraculous. Enjoy!

I hope monster pup falls instantly in love!

Also, I hate the gym and don't go. That is the extent of my contribution to the gym discussion. :D

I don't really have a favorite drink at Disney although I'm wanting to try that ice cream martini or something like that that @FFigawi posted about once.

ATTQOTD: I have lots...

From the Hanger: MOnkey Brains
zsNd2ER.jpg

From Homecoming: Blue Shine
SyziMDc.jpg

General Bar Menu: Smoked Turkey
hd5Uwg6.jpg

ATTQOTD: I LOVE the Tempting Tigress from Nomad’s Lounge at Tiffin’s. DH loves the Leaping Lizard from there too.

Tempting Tigress: Russell's Reserve 10yr Bourbon, St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram, Tamarind Syrup, and Lime Juice
Leaping Lizard: Malibu Pineapple Rum and Augusta Cachaça with Orange, Passion Fruit, and Mango Juices

21D44E94-B63C-47B2-AE46-6FA8706BAEBB.jpeg

Happy Friday Everyone! It's time for another edition of the Fun Friday Question of the Day.

QOTD: Keeping with this week's beverage theme, what is your favorite thing to drink at Disney?
Somehow, after entering IG at Epcot I get magnetically drawn to the Rose & Crown kiosk for a bass ale. This has been going on since the late 90s so I would call it a long term relationship. :drinking1

ATTQOTD: Man, I guess I am doing Disney wrong. But I am going to base this on the fact that I have only been to WDW once so I haven't explored all it's gloriousness and Disneyland/DCA just don't have that many drinks, maybe? I always get a Starbucks but that's just because I need coffee to survive. Otherwise, I am just here for the food snacks.

QOTD: Keeping with this week's beverage theme, what is your favorite thing to drink at Disney?

I have too many favorites to choose from...

- the first post-race beer in the parking lot
- any of the rum cocktails at Trader Sam's
- the jalapeno margarita at La Cava
- the vintage rose Champagne at Victoria & Albert's

I don't really have a favorite drink at Disney although I'm wanting to try that ice cream martini or something like that that @FFigawi posted about once.

And of course the ice cream martini in France

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/...tini-at-lartisan-des-glaces-in-epcots-france/

ATTQOTD: I can't say that I have an absolute favorite. My beverage consumption at Disney goes something like this:

Morning: Coffee to get me going to hit rope drop
Afternoon: Water, because its HOT in Florida
Evening: Beer (of any sort) to reward myself for keeping up with the touring demands of my kids

ATTQOTD: Man, I guess I am doing Disney wrong. But I am going to base this on the fact that I have only been to WDW once so I haven't explored all it's gloriousness and Disneyland/DCA just don't have that many drinks, maybe? I always get a Starbucks but that's just because I need coffee to survive. Otherwise, I am just here for the food snacks.
Oh good, I thought I was the only one. :D I only drink coffee and soda or bottled water at Disney. :)

ATTQOTD: The ice cream parlor in France has this drink(?) where you get a scoop of ice cream and then they pour coffee over it. So yeah... that. Delicious.

That would be an affogato. Done well, they are heavenly. I had one at a local place recently. It was nitro ice cream, so incredibly smooth, and a shot of espresso.

As for me, I don't have a favorite, per se. But I do make sure that any race trip involves a reward of a chocolate milkshake---whoever does the thickest most chocolaty. Did I say milkshake? I meant frappe, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter