The Running Thread - 2018

On another note, I got my official confirmation for the Berlin Marathon today. I have yet to tell dh...

Excellent news! I’m still waiting to hear. Although my hope at getting in is declining at roughly the same rate as the delay in my notification increases...

Have you not told him because he is unaware that you registered to begin with, or just havent officially told him you go in? The answer changes everything here.

Nope, he has no clue I even registered. We talked vaguely about but we knew the challenges with child care. I came home from NYC marathon and registered the last day it was open. I went on a total bender and already purchased airfare 2 weeks ago, including for my 3 kids! I got into Berlin as a time qualifier, but they don't officially tell you until everyone starts getting notified.

Excellent news! I’m still waiting to hear. Although my hope at getting in is declining at roughly the same rate as the delay in my notification increases...
Don't give up hope. I heard it took days last year for notifications, both yes and no.

For the first weekend in December we have the following folks with races:

December
01 - @Baloo in MI - Artic Frog 50k (5:59:59 / N/A)
01 - @derekleigh - Santa Shuffle (23:00/ N/A)
01 - @avondale - Baltimore Inner Harbor 10K (57:30 / N/A)
01 - @JulieODC - Hopkinton 10k (59:59 / N/A)
01 - @Capang - Christmas Story Run 5k (NG / N/A)
01 - @TCB in FLA - One Epic Run (24 Mi / N/A)
01 - LSUlakes - Baton Rouge Beach Half Marathon (2:15:00 / N/A)
02 - @tidefan - Jingle Bell Run 5k (30:00 / N/A)

Best of luck to everyone! If you need to make a revision or if someone else would like to add there race to this weekend list, just let me know!

Please add me!
01 - @PkbaughAR - Bill Bone 5K (NG/ N/A)
03 - @PkbaughAR - Palm Beaches Half Marathon (2:45/ N/A)

I somehow managed to schedule back to back races this weekend!

Hopkinton 10k in Saturday and our local Angel Run 5k on sunday. Sunday will be low key, running with the stroller - and my 7 year old will run!

We are staying at the Dolphin (yay for free stays with points!) for marathon weekend.

If I am being honest, I am running this year because I wanted an excuse for a long weekend trip to WDW, and to keep my runDisney streak alive into 2019.

Staying at Sports. We're hardly in the room so the smallness is fine for just 2 people. I like how it's not spread out. Price is nice too & I haven't had any bad experiences on past trips. :)
I have stayed at a Sports a few times. I'm one of the few but I love Sports. I like it more than POP personally. I have never had a bad experience at Sports.

I somehow managed to schedule back to back races this weekend!

Hopkinton 10k in Saturday and our local Angel Run 5k on sunday. Sunday will be low key, running with the stroller - and my 7 year old will run!

We are staying at the Dolphin (yay for free stays with points!) for marathon weekend.

If I am being honest, I am running this year because I wanted an excuse for a long weekend trip to WDW, and to keep my runDisney streak alive into 2019.

Isn't that why we all do it? You can run a marathon anywhere. This is an excuse to get to Disney.

View attachment 367559
Hopefully this isn't a repeat from yesterday. I am having such a brain fart on what I posted yesterday.

Tell that to the obnoxious lady in the hand cycle during the 10k at Dopey last year. Not only did she steer her cart right to the front of every character line, she demanded "Push me! Push me!" from the runners around her at every incline in Epcot.

None for me this year. :sad: But a bit of advice for you. GF is my favorite resort. I can’t afford to stay there anymore but I am there all the time during my trips. Don’t ignore the boat back to the resort. Often times you will look up and see a huge line for the monorail and the boat has a few people waiting. It’s so peaceful, no smell, and I have timed it, if the boat and the monorail leave at the same time the monorail gets there first going back to the resort. Monorail obviously wins from resort to MK. But I usually take the boat both ways.

We are staying in one of the outer buildings with the lagoon view. I would imagine this puts me near the water and closer to the boats?

You can't drink yet.

"Legally" but ist only illegal if you get caught? I'm setting a bad example so ummmm obey the law?

We’re staying at the Grand Floridian for our first Marathon Weekend.

We used to stay at POFQ for the Princess Half...back when you could walk to the start corrals from there.

When walking was stopped, we switched to YC or BC so we could walk back to our room after the Half. (We were pixie dusted to a 2 bedroom suite one year...it was awesome!!!)

This year we went with GF as DD is running the Full and DH and I are running the Half. Figured a monorail resort would be easy for DD to see us in the MK during the Half...

Perhaps we will see you there! We will look like the people out of place at the GF lol.

She won't hate you once your face is painted #Pandamonium2019

And so it begins again!

Nope, he has no clue I even registered. We talked vaguely about but we knew the challenges with child care. I came home from NYC marathon and registered the last day it was open. I went on a total bender and already purchased airfare 2 weeks ago, including for my 3 kids! I got into Berlin as a time qualifier, but they don't officially tell you until everyone starts getting notified.

Well with that info, please post to YouTube his reaction and then link here!!! Ill get my popcorn ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter