The Running Thread - 2019

February Miles: 31.3

I start pool running on Monday while my hip heals. I can’t wait. I’m going stir crazy with no activity.
My wife did quite a bit of pool running in January and early February as she recovered from a stress fracture in her foot in the lead-up to the Princess Half. She found it very helpful for maintenance of her general fitness in advance of her first half marathon and certainly reduced her anxiety about being able to complete the race, which was pretty high following her diagnosis in early January.

The race went well despite only returning to regular running one week in advance.

Heal well!

My wife did quite a bit of pool running in January and early February as she recovered from a stress fracture in her foot in the lead-up to the Princess Half. She found it very helpful for maintenance of her general fitness in advance of her first half marathon and certainly reduced her anxiety about being able to complete the race, which was pretty high following her diagnosis in early January.

The race went well despite only returning to regular running one week in advance.

Heal well!

Thanks for sharing her experience! I’m hoping to maintain my fitness too.

February Totals:
Run - 42.1 mi
Bike - 22.94 mi
Swim - 2352 yds

Whew. What a month. I didn't run nearly as much as I should have, but I drank a ton of Margaritas! I was planning on doing an Olympic Triathlon in March but because of my lack of training, I think I might either skip it or just do the Sprint.

And with the turn of a new month, I say goodbye to my Margarita Streak which lasted 29 days.

February miles - 102

Surpised with all the cold & snow it's that much. But, now I think I'm paying for the cold runs as on today's I did something to my left glute, it seized up & hurts to even walk, & I'm blaming all the cold running so I can at least blame something.

@LSUlakes for the Foreside Frostbite 5 Miler that I ran back on the 23rd, I PR’ed it with a time of 47’10”.

I also have three races to add onto for my March races.

09- KevM - 2019 Winter Pickle Run Trail Series No 3 (NG/NA)
14 - KevM - 2019 Pi Day 5K Philadelphia (31.41/NA)
31 -KevM - Virtual Star Wats Half Marathon (NG/NA)

The trail run will be my first trail race. The Pi Day race is a virtual run and I figured might as well set a goal time of Pi as well. Haha. And since I am running a half on the 31st any way I decided to sign up for the Star Wars Virtual Half and do it at the same time.

February miles: 0. Yes, a big old nothing up there. 10 hour days at work 6 days a week with no race until September makes it difficult to make time since it's already at a premium. March might improve since I'm now running Dopey in 2020, but it might be more of the same. After training for 3 consecutive years with 10 hour workdays, I'm appreciating not having to train for once.

February Miles: 80.7
2019 Miles: 162.0

February began with a head cold, another birthday, and snowmageddon in Seattle! Seriously, we had 4 snow storms in less than 2 weeks and there was SO MUCH SNOW everywhere! This is not typical for us at all. Since I train on my treadmill, all of these challenges did not keep me from running (except one day when I had to reschedule another appointment due to snow). I have been running regularly since returning from marathon weekend, but still feel like I’m not quite back in full training mode.

I have two races scheduled in March, the Hot Chocolate 15k tomorrow and the St. Paddy’s Day half marathon in two weeks. I have been trying to shift my training focus from endurance to adding a little bit of speed work. It hasn’t been long enough to see any improvement, so this month’s races will be a good test of where I’m at. Did I mention I had another birthday last month? They sure aren’t making this running thing any easier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter