The Russells are here! 8/4-8/15 ongoing trip report

Thursday morning we headed to Hollywood Studios, which is my favorite park. Had FP+ for Tower of Terror, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, and got another after those for the Great Movie Ride. Also went on Rockin Rollercoaster, Muppetvision 3D, American Idol, and Backlot Tour. DD really wants to try out for American Idol, us I would hate for her to get her hopes up. We will see I guess. Back to FW for a rest and dinner in the trailer. Planning to go back for Fantasmic, but Severe storms are predicted, so we might try DisneyQuest.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!:thumbsup2 Sounds like you are having a great time. Love the backpack..hope they still have them when we are there in October!

Thursday night we ended up at a DisneyQuest. We've never been before and we all really enjoyed it. Parking was terrible though! The kids are looking forward to going back at some point.

Friday morning we were up early an d went to Animal Kingdom. This is my least favorite park, but DH loves it. Had FPs for Safari, Everest, and a Dinosaur. Just as we were ready to board, the ride was shut down. Very disappointing, but they duck give us a FP to any AK ride to be used by the end of our trip. When we took a break, I did laundry. No one else was in the laundry room, so I was able to do all three loads at one time :). Had dinner reservations at Biergarten in Germany, which DH's favorite restaurant. Epcot had EMH tonight, so we rode Soarin', Living with the Land, Nemo, and Turtle Talk.

Saturday we went to Typhoon Lagoon, which was really great! In all of our Disney trips, we've never done a water park before. Little did we know what we were missing! Great time with the kids! We had lunch at T-Rex downtown. Food was good and rather large portions. We went to MK later in the day and stayed to watch Wishes and the Electric Parade. Staying for the later show was a good IDE because we just waited for the crowd from Wishes to thin out and we easily found a curb spot for the parade. Of course, we needed ice cream while we waited!

Sunday we started the day at HS and rode Toy Story Mania, Star Wars, and saw Lights, Motor, Action! Lunch reservations for Sci-Fi. I know it doesn't get great reviews, but we love the cool air, dark lights, and fun atmosphere. Left after lunch to come back for the dogs. Had to run to Walgreens to refill a couple of prescriptions for DS (maintenance meds, nothing serious). Also stopped at Walmart because we needed a few items. We each picked out a Disney shirt and the kids and I picked out a stuffed character. No Disney dog clothes anywhere, so I bought a 2T shirt and it fits my Jack-a-bee perfectly! Yay! We were planning on going back to HS for Fantasmic, but we were running late so we decided to see the water pageant, but we were late for that too. A bit of a bummer, but we saw the fireworks on the beach, so that was a positive. Bedtime now...

Monday we went to Epcot for the first half of the day. The best part of the day was that we all ate our own choice as we strolled around the world showcase. We went back to the camper for dinner and out to Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic. DH and DS stayed for magic hours while DD and I went back to bed.

Tuesday we got a very late start and had to change times on our fastpasses a couple times. Went to Magic Kingdom most of the day and then back for our dinner break. Still here at camp trying to decide what, if anything, we are going to do now.

I've been trying to figure out tumblr to post pics, but I'm lost. My pics are there in a folder. I don't know how to get them here. Sorry.

Sorry I am no help with tumblr.

Youve been there a ciuple days now. Do you feel like you have seen/done all you wanted to on this trip? Or do you have a hankering for more park days?

Bama ed

Wednesday we started the day early at AK. Went on Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, Kali River Rapids, and Everest. Lunch at Flametree Barbeque and back to camp. I actually napped today. Went to Epcot for a stroll around the world showcase and headed back to camp by 9:00.

I love the day by day updates! It sounds like you are getting a lot done. It would be great to hear what worked well/didn't work well when the trip is officially over.

I have enjoyed reading your trip report! We probably passed you yesterday at Epcot! My 5 year old did a YES program! We made it until 8:30, with our one year old I might add, before we headed back to the Fort! Maybe we will ride by in our Lightening McQueen golf cart! We are in the 500 loop!

Enjoyed your trip report. I want to know where you got your husband and your t-shirts? I loved them.

We made it home! Yay! As much as I love Disney, it's always great to be back home. Long couple of days driving, but it wasn't a bad drive. Hit rain and hail yesterday in SC and a but in NY today, but otherwise, all went well :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter