The Sea of Strollers - how do you make yours stand out?

OurLittleLove

Mouseketeer
This will be our first trip to WDW as a family (me, DH and DS 2.5). We'll be renting a stroller through a stroller but unsure what color it will be. I'm somewhat dreading having to find our stroller among the sea of strollers after each ride. How do you make your stroller stand out from the rest?

For my grandson I have a lime green mesh bag I hung the strings on the handles. We kept our park maps handy in it, a small body powder and toy. Nothing of value, but the bright color stood out. Practice closing and opening the stroller before getting on the buses, take some kind of cover for rain, I took a yellow poncho and two clothes pin clips to cover the stroller tight from wind and rain.

I ordered LED strips from a Runners Supply Store. They velcro'd onto the stroller handle and/or stroller sides. They were approximately 10" long and could be solid or flashing (which DS loved but was a bit obnoxious). They were completely awesome after dark.

I'm used to finding a stroller at DL, even after CMs move them. WDW was a whole different ballgame, particularly after dark. I would definitely recommend something that lights up.

If you are renting from an offsite company, you usually can request a free rain cover (we used Kingdom Strollers). Practice putting in the cover before it rains.

Have fun!!

I made a simple tag with a picture of Mickey and our last name and zip tied it to the stroller ( it was laminated). Never had a hard time finding the stroller. It would be moved sometimes but never very far.

For my grandson I have a lime green mesh bag I hung the strings on the handles. We kept our park maps handy in it, a small body powder and toy. Nothing of value, but the bright color stood out. Practice closing and opening the stroller before getting on the buses, take some kind of cover for rain, I took a yellow poncho and two clothes pin clips to cover the stroller tight from wind and rain.
I just wanted to say that I love your profile pic. I love the Rodgers & Hammerstein version of Cinderella!!! I used to watch it with my mom all the time when I was little.

OP, we bring our own city mini and it's lime green so it stands out on it's own, but we also make a big tag that we zip tie to the handles. :)

Finding our stroller has never been an issue for us... And we have the two most common colors too. One is black and one is red.

We have a common black city mini double and tie strips of 1 inch ribbon to the handle edges. Pushed together they give a pom pom effect and are both easy to spot and cheery. At night we crack a few glow bracelets to hang on the stroller.

Find some very obnoxious bright colored wide ribbon (we used to get ours in the closeout bin at Michaels), and tie bows on each side. That worked great when DD was little. It is very helpful in spotting your stroller after CMs have moved them around!

I love these ideas. Just ordered a light for the back of our stroller. I'm the type who can't find my own car in a parking lot, so I think you all have saved me a lot of stress on my upcoming trip.

We hung an obnoxiously loud scarf from our stroller to it was easy to stand out, especially when they get moved around. But, we never really had a problem finding it, it's always in the same area.

We put a beach towel over the top of ours at stroller parking. Helps keep the seat cool from the sun and also helps us find it. We used a beach towel we had that had my sons name monogrammed on it. We are going again this fall but this time we will be renting which I know will be identical to everyone else that's renting. I like the idea above of the glow stick bracelets for night time. I'm adding that to my list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter