The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

In all our visits to the resort, we have yet to try their mini golf! If its not too ridiculously hot in September (we are there from the 4th to the 11th), then perhaps we will give it a try. The surrey bikes are also still on my SVR to-do list!

I will definitely report back after our next trip. Hoping that there are more food options open this time, as in April it was painfully hard to eat at the resort with their heavily limited hours at each dining location. Please let the Tiki Bar be back to normal, at least.....and some live music there would be pretty darn awesome, too!
The mini golf was fun! And we finally did the surrey last time too- lol! It was a fun way to ride around. Yes, can’t wait for a cocktail at Tacky Tiki. We were actually hanging out in the giant hot tub at the spas pool when we saw the live music- it was great and hoping we can do it again this time!

Anyone have a link to a current Activities Calendar for the resort? I would like to see what they currently offer.

@Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina has posted that Sheraton puts the activities calendar on the resort facebook page. Search for Sheraton Vistana Resort on Facebook.

ETA: okay, that looks like bad advice. It doesn't appear that there has been much updating on the FB site since COVID started. Let's hope they get back to it soon. There is an activities page on the general Vistana site, but it currently shows "nothing scheduled" https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-resort/schedule

Last edited:

@Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina has posted that Sheraton puts the activities calendar on the resort facebook page. Search for Sheraton Vistana Resort on Facebook.

ETA: okay, that looks like bad advice. It doesn't appear that there has been much updating on the FB site since COVID started. Let's hope they get back to it soon. There is an activities page on the general Vistana site, but it currently shows "nothing scheduled" https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-resort/schedule

The decline in their social media presence seemed to escalate once they were taken under the Marriott umbrella. I'd like to say it was a Covid thing, but I think it started well before that.

It was once good advice, but sadly.....no longer.

Hello friends.
It’s been awhile since I’ve been on this board. Happy to see a lot of familiar names still on here.

I’m hoping to visit the resort again this fall after a couple years away. Just waiting to see when the U.S. opens its borders to Canadian land travelers before making any solid plans.
Anyone here know if Dreams Unlimited Travel still has a discount code? I couldn’t find one. I have a feeling there won’t be too many discounts available, but, am hoping.

Thanks all.
FrankieDplus3

We are thinking of going 9/4-9/11. It would be a first time stay for us.

Is sky auction the best place to book?

We have young kids who aren’t great swimmers—a zero entry or shallow pool would be ideal. Any section recommended?

We are there the same dates!

We have had great experiences with Skyauction. We are owners, but have booked extra weeks several times by that method, or weeks for friends and family. Never a problem and always a good price vs booking direct with Marriott.

The Cascades pool has a great splash pad for little ones. The Fountains pool has a separate smaller splash pool adjacent to the main pool (and two different playgrounds right beside the pool area). The Falls pool has a waterside and a covered/shaded playground. Any of those spots would be great for littles.

We stayed 5 nights in a newly renovated Lakes one bedroom suite (checked in July 29, 2021). It was beautiful. I will post more info. later. Sharing a few pics now (loading from my phone so hope this works!)594477

We are there the same dates!

We have had great experiences with Skyauction. We are owners, but have booked extra weeks several times by that method, or weeks for friends and family. Never a problem and always a good price vs booking direct with Marriott.

The Cascades pool has a great splash pad for little ones. The Fountains pool has a separate smaller splash pool adjacent to the main pool (and two different playgrounds right beside the pool area). The Falls pool has a waterside and a covered/shaded playground. Any of those spots would be great for littles.
Those all sound great! Thank you so much. I’m booking today on SkyAuction so we will be there. It’s half the price of the rental home we booked on our February trip. I go back and forth on if I like rental homes or timeshares better—so I want to with a timeshare this trip.

I have followed, and enjoyed, your trip reports for YEARS so it will be like spotting a celebrity for me if I see you on our trip!

We are planning on mostly using our US APs that we got on our last trip, and are thinking of adding on a day at Legoland and possibly SW. My husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary as well.

Any chance you want to babysit one night so my husband and I can go to HHN? LOL—I’m kidding. :rotfl2:

Wondering if there is a specific section that goes to people who 1. Trade in on Interval International or 2. Purchase an II Getaway?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter