The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

The last time I was in the Marketplace, I don't recall seeing deli meats in the case. Just premade stuff like you see at Starbucks. They also had a table top fridge with premade salads and sandwiches. They may have done away with the hand made sandwiches.

Gina, in the fall of 2020, if I called security, they let the Uber driver come to my villa as long as they identified name and location. Has that changed?

Have all the hot tubs /spas reopened? That is what we missed the most last year! Also, are all the pool chairs back out, or still thinned for theirso called social distancing? If you werent down to the pools by 9:30-10 ish no dice on loungers that weren’t reserved by the chair hogs… 🤬

Have all the hot tubs /spas reopened? That is what we missed the most last year! Also, are all the pool chairs back out, or still thinned for theirso called social distancing? If you werent down to the pools by 9:30-10 ish no dice on loungers that weren’t reserved by the chair hogs… 🤬

We returned a week ago. All the hot tubs were open during our visit, and there were oodles and oodles of chairs on the pool decks.

Do note that the Fountains Pool area is closed for renovation, though. Last I read, it was not scheduled to reopen until sometime toward the middle to end of February.

Hi everyone! Love all of the great information in this thread! We will be visiting in June. We are a family of 6 with kids 14, 12, 8 and 6. We are driving so we will have a car. We plan to visit both Disney and universal. Any recommendations on which area of the resort would be best for us? We are booking a 2 bedroom (max occ 8) Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Love all of the great information in this thread! We will be visiting in June. We are a family of 6 with kids 14, 12, 8 and 6. We are driving so we will have a car. We plan to visit both Disney and universal. Any recommendations on which area of the resort would be best for us? We are booking a 2 bedroom (max occ 8) Thanks so much!
Chances are with a 2BR sleeps 8 they are very likely to put you in Lakes or Cascades. Those buildings are always really full whenever we are there. If you want something else, you would want to request it. Fountains is great and the rooms are renovated, but even the buildings that aren't renovated are still great. Most of your decision will be what pool you want to have the shortest walk to.

I see that I can't use my Bonvoy points to book SVR, but I can for Villages.

Has SVR ever been able to be booked using points? Does anyone see this happening?

I see that I can't use my Bonvoy points to book SVR, but I can for Villages.

Has SVR ever been able to be booked using points? Does anyone see this happening?
It could just be an availability issue. Villages was mainly sold under the new, and former Starwood system, so most owners bought and own a week that they can convert to Bonvoy points. It is that inventory that mostly makes up availability for points redemption. SVR was, for the most part, sold out before Starwood came along. There is really no reason you shouldn't be able to book SVR with points other than it just isn't available with points.

We have a couple of 2 bedroom villas reserved for our upcoming trip. Will the resort put us next door to each other, or will I have to call and request that? I prefer staying on upper floors at most hotels, but I have concerns about having to carry our luggage up any stairs and a stroller at the end of every day. Can I request a building with elevators and if so, which would you recommend? It's hard to know what room I have reserved, other than it has a king and 2 doubles. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

We have a couple of 2 bedroom villas reserved for our upcoming trip. Will the resort put us next door to each other, or will I have to call and request that? I prefer staying on upper floors at most hotels, but I have concerns about having to carry our luggage up any stairs and a stroller at the end of every day. Can I request a building with elevators and if so, which would you recommend? It's hard to know what room I have reserved, other than it has a king and 2 doubles. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Yes, I would contact the resort about 2 weeks prior and have them associate the 2 reservations. Coming through most channels they will not make that association automatically. At that time you can also request to be in Cascades or Lakes (the 2 sections with elevators), or ask for ground floor in one of the other sections. There is a pretty good chance they will be able to accommodate those requests. The last time we had a double reservation they could only manage to put us across the parking lot from each other (different unit types), but in hind sight I think that was better (a little space can be nice sometimes).

Yes, I would contact the resort about 2 weeks prior and have them associate the 2 reservations. Coming through most channels they will not make that association automatically. At that time you can also request to be in Cascades or Lakes (the 2 sections with elevators), or ask for ground floor in one of the other sections. There is a pretty good chance they will be able to accommodate those requests. The last time we had a double reservation they could only manage to put us across the parking lot from each other (different unit types), but in hind sight I think that was better (a little space can be nice sometimes).
Thank you for the advice! I will give them a call right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter