The Sheraton Vistana Resort Thread (key links on p.1)

We are super excited to have two consecutive weeks in a 2 bedroom unit booked for May, checking in on a Sunday.
Question ONE- We would like to avoid the four top tables I see in some units in videos. Which sections have six chairs at the table? We would love to get one of those vaulted ceiling/sky lights units on the top floor.
Question TWO-
My sister was able to book a one bedroom unit for the second week, but her check-in is Saturday.
Once we have all the reservation numbers, what will be the best way to try to be placed near one another?
I'm guessing Lakes/Fountains would work?
I think true four top tables are only in the smaller 1BR units. Some sections, like Falls, have a round table that has five chairs at it, but you can pull a sixth over from the desk. It would be a tight squeeze with six at the table though. I am pretty sure that the 2BR units in Fountains and Lakes all have dining room tables for six. Where you are placed may depend on the unit occupancy you booked. Are both your units sleep 6 or sleep 8? Counts and Falls sleep 6 where all the other 2BR units sleep at 8.

Just a quick report back after our visit last week. It was so nice to get 'back home' after a few years away. We were in our own owner's unit in Courts, and it was in great shape. We had a plan to stick close to the resort this time as March break season has started at the parks, and by all accounts they are PACKED. I would concur just based on one visit to Disney Springs - by noon we were out of there as it was elbow to elbow even outdoors.
The resort seems to be back to pretty much normal capacity, but it was a very comfortable experience. We spent a few days just hanging out at the pool (mostly the Falls pool as we found a nice fairly private area to hang out in with good sun and good social distancing. We never felt uncomfortable anywhere in the resort regarding COVID.
The number one complaint for the week has nothing to do with the resort. There are now two helicopter tour outfits based out of Regency Park Village nearby. At times it felt like we were on the set of M*A*S*H; with all the choppers overhead, we kept expecting Radar or Klinger to announce "Attention, incoming choppers, all personnel to the OR". I do think that LBV should do something about limiting this - it is annoying, but at least it does stop at dusk. I must think that it is even more annoying next door at the Marriott World Center and Palms as they fly almost directly over that property.
Zimmie's is still doing bar service only (no table service). This actually seems to have greatly INCREASED the speed of service. Both food and drinks were coming out quick. If you want a fruity drink, try the Bacardi bucket drinks if still featured. Ladies, they will put hair on your chest; gentlemen, they will make your chest hair fall off! Very generous pours. Bring the bucket back for a discount if you think you can handle a second one. Food was good (we lunched twice). It comes in nifty bio-degradable containers. We carried out our orders back to our pool loungers and enjoyed lunch poolside.
Really, aside from soaking up the sun, all we did was catch up on shopping for all our US favorites that we can't get here in Canada. Between our backlog and everyone else we know, it is a darn good thing we brought the pickup truck instead of the car. The bed was full by the time we pointed the nose back north on Saturday morning. Local stores were experiencing the same sort of shortages reported everywhere. Gaps here and there on the shelves, and a few things we couldn't find anywhere. The outlet mall on Vineland was pretty busy both times we visited. Tip: park in the new North section and walk across Vineland at the one of the two crossings. We wasted 20 minutes looking for a spot on the South (main) side before crossing the road where there was TONS of available parking. 4-5 minutes walk across to the main section. Shopping everywhere else was pleasant, never too busy or uncomfortably packed. We did Target, Walmart, Publix, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnn (last two for DW, I swear!) and a few other stores.
That's all for now. Happy to answer any questions if you think I can help!

Glad to hear you made it back. So long between visits. Looks like you had a great time and got to enjoy the resort. We won't be back until late May as we booked two weeks through Interval International. We have the same complaint about the helicopters and this was something I mentioned in one of my videos. They fly very low and often. I haven't timed them, but they seem to only be about 10-15 minutes apart. These outfits charge something like $35 for a helicopter ride. We timmed one up on International Drive once and they only fly for 5-6 minutes and they are back. So they have to put in a lot of flights to make money. Another problem is with where SVR is situated, right outside the 3 mile radius that makes up the Disney World FAA temporary flight restriction (really permanent since 9/11). I think they border that zone during their flights and that means they fly right over SVR.

here is a link to the Vistana checkin map. Red=Friday checking, Blue =Saturday and Green=Sunday

https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-resort/map
I believe it is more flexible than it used to be, but it is still in use. We will be going for 2 weeks in June with a Saturday check-in. I will be asking for a 3rd floor unit , preferably in buildings 9-14. This is the fountains 1 section, which has the jacuzzi tub in the master bath, instead of the master bedroom. Fountains 2 has the tub in the bedroom. THis would let them request buildings 1-4, if there isn’t a deviation from the check-in sections. . Upstream is the name and address of the current room assignment person. I email about a month out, and follow up a week out.

these buildings were recently refurbed, and I don’t know about the 6 top vs 4 top. Last time we were there, it was a full size dining table, but I don’t remember how many chairs.

We are super excited to have two consecutive weeks in a 2 bedroom unit booked for May, checking in on a Sunday.
Question ONE- We would like to avoid the four top tables I see in some units in videos. Which sections have six chairs at the table? We would love to get one of those vaulted ceiling/sky lights units on the top floor.
Question TWO-
My sister was able to book a one bedroom unit for the second week, but her check-in is Saturday.
Once we have all the reservation numbers, what will be the best way to try to be placed near one another?
I'm guessing Lakes/Fountains would work?

I think true four top tables are only in the smaller 1BR units. Some sections, like Falls, have a round table that has five chairs at it, but you can pull a sixth over from the desk. It would be a tight squeeze with six at the table though. I am pretty sure that the 2BR units in Fountains and Lakes all have dining room tables for six. Where you are placed may depend on the unit occupancy you booked. Are both your units sleep 6 or sleep 8? Counts and Falls sleep 6 where all the other 2BR units sleep at 8.
Both of our 2 bedrooms show "sleeps 8" with doubles in the guest room.

I also wondered if Springs might work well for our two weeks in a 2 bedroom with my sister in Cascades?

Springs is our go to on the “main side.” If you are in the buildings that abut the highway you will get more traffic noise, but it isn’t too bad. Cascades is a high rise, which we don’t care for, but many do. If you are in the main section, you are closer to Cascades and other pools, and the general store, etc. Springs has its own quiet pool. We much prefer Fountains, and the pools there, including the Tacky Tiki Bar. But Springs is fine, and was recently refurbished.

Both of our 2 bedrooms show "sleeps 8" with doubles in the guest room.

I also wondered if Springs might work well for our two weeks in a 2 bedroom with my sister in Cascades?

Springs is our go to on the “main side.” If you are in the buildings that abut the highway you will get more traffic noise, but it isn’t too bad. Cascades is a high rise, which we don’t care for, but many do. If you are in the main section, you are closer to Cascades and other pools, and the general store, etc. Speings has its own quiet pool. We much prefer Fountains, and the pools there, including the Tacky Tiki Bar. But Speings is fine, and was recently refurbished.

Do the top floor Springs units have the vaulted ceilings with skylights? I know the Spas units don't, but I've never stayed in Springs to find out.

Gina, they do! Springs was our go to before they built Lakes/Fountains.
Back in the day, the color scheme was Miami Vice—turquoise and pink, and the hairdryer resembled a vacuum attached to the wall. It is now the same decor as the other units.
the master bath is huge.

Do the top floor Springs units have the vaulted ceilings with skylights? I know the Spas units don't, but I've never stayed in Springs to find out.

Gina, they do! Springs was our go to before they built Lakes/Fountains.
Back in the day, the color scheme was Miami Vice—turquoise and pink, and the hairdryer resembled a vacuum attached to the wall. It is now the same decor as the other units.
the master bath is huge.

In the "interior" photo on Vistana's website, Springs shows a circular table with four chairs. Is that what is there now?

Attachments

• 98446792-43A5-4764-89C3-B7A8298A0911.jpeg
    98446792-43A5-4764-89C3-B7A8298A0911.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 5
here is a link to the Vistana checkin map. Red=Friday checking, Blue =Saturday and Green=Sunday

https://www.vistana.com/destinations/sheraton-vistana-resort/map
I believe it is more flexible than it used to be, but it is still in use. We will be going for 2 weeks in June with a Saturday check-in. I will be asking for a 3rd floor unit , preferably in buildings 9-14. This is the fountains 1 section, which has the jacuzzi tub in the master bath, instead of the master bedroom. Fountains 2 has the tub in the bedroom. THis would let them request buildings 1-4, if there isn’t a deviation from the check-in sections. . Upstream is the name and address of the current room assignment person. I email about a month out, and follow up a week out.

these buildings were recently refurbed, and I don’t know about the 6 top vs 4 top. Last time we were there, it was a full size dining table, but I don’t remember how many chairs.

Is the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom the same size as the one in the bedroom, or is it like the ones that are a normal tub that has jets?

In the "interior" photo on Vistana's website, Springs shows a circular table with four chairs. Is that what is there now?
Yes, but there are two additional chairs (at the console behind and in the living room, and it is a large table. Fits 6 comfortably. If you have more there are 2 bar stools at the kitchen bar to get seating up to 8. Most of the rectangular tables also seat 6 comfortably.

Just got back from a wonderful week at the Sheraton Vistana Resort with my 85 year old dad and other family members. Thanks so much for Joshua Marsh's number, Gina, (so helpful to have it posted here). He was so kind and helpful and put some special requests on our reservation for my dad, and I was absolutely thrilled with the unit they gave us. We had a first floor Lakes Unit with a beautiful Lake/Fountain patio view (so great for sitting out) and a side view of the Lake's pool. It was a super short walk from car parking to unit for my dad who has limited mobility and walks with a cane, and a super close walk to both the Lakes pool and the Fountains pool. I don't think we could have gotten a better location than what we got for my dad. It was so perfect for someone who likes a nice view, needs to be able to do an easy short walk from the car, and needs to be able to do an easy walk to the pool to visit with children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

My dad who usually thinks he doesn't want to travel anymore, said he'd be thrilled to do another trip to Orlando.

Something else really nice is that the Vistana with an advanced call was willing to put my son on the reservation, so that he could check in before us and have the unit and resort available. This was wonderful given that his flight came in six hours before ours.

The resort had great customer service and amenities.

Just a quick report back after our visit last week. It was so nice to get 'back home' after a few years away. We were in our own owner's unit in Courts, and it was in great shape. We had a plan to stick close to the resort this time as March break season has started at the parks, and by all accounts they are PACKED. I would concur just based on one visit to Disney Springs - by noon we were out of there as it was elbow to elbow even outdoors.
The resort seems to be back to pretty much normal capacity, but it was a very comfortable experience. We spent a few days just hanging out at the pool (mostly the Falls pool as we found a nice fairly private area to hang out in with good sun and good social distancing. We never felt uncomfortable anywhere in the resort regarding COVID.
The number one complaint for the week has nothing to do with the resort. There are now two helicopter tour outfits based out of Regency Park Village nearby. At times it felt like we were on the set of M*A*S*H; with all the choppers overhead, we kept expecting Radar or Klinger to announce "Attention, incoming choppers, all personnel to the OR". I do think that LBV should do something about limiting this - it is annoying, but at least it does stop at dusk. I must think that it is even more annoying next door at the Marriott World Center and Palms as they fly almost directly over that property.
Zimmie's is still doing bar service only (no table service). This actually seems to have greatly INCREASED the speed of service. Both food and drinks were coming out quick. If you want a fruity drink, try the Bacardi bucket drinks if still featured. Ladies, they will put hair on your chest; gentlemen, they will make your chest hair fall off! Very generous pours. Bring the bucket back for a discount if you think you can handle a second one. Food was good (we lunched twice). It comes in nifty bio-degradable containers. We carried out our orders back to our pool loungers and enjoyed lunch poolside.
Really, aside from soaking up the sun, all we did was catch up on shopping for all our US favorites that we can't get here in Canada. Between our backlog and everyone else we know, it is a darn good thing we brought the pickup truck instead of the car. The bed was full by the time we pointed the nose back north on Saturday morning. Local stores were experiencing the same sort of shortages reported everywhere. Gaps here and there on the shelves, and a few things we couldn't find anywhere. The outlet mall on Vineland was pretty busy both times we visited. Tip: park in the new North section and walk across Vineland at the one of the two crossings. We wasted 20 minutes looking for a spot on the South (main) side before crossing the road where there was TONS of available parking. 4-5 minutes walk across to the main section. Shopping everywhere else was pleasant, never too busy or uncomfortably packed. We did Target, Walmart, Publix, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnn (last two for DW, I swear!) and a few other stores.
That's all for now. Happy to answer any questions if you think I can help!
Just over 3 weeks left on our countdown. Can't wait to be back. I am glad you had such a great trip. Did you notice if all the hot tubs were open? What time were the pools staying open till? How about the poolside bars/food were they closing early?

First time renting in SVR, wanted to know what kind of kitchen appliances and flatware/dishes are available in the rooms with the kitchens? Should I plan to get my own if I plan on cooking some simple meals?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter