• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Snarkiest Safari That Ever Sailed! An October 2018, Food & Wine Trip! Complete 4/26/19!!

We were on the bus by 10:07

Nice. Not too early. Thank you FPs!

I didn't take notes about how long our bus wait were,
but I think we had pretty good luck all week as far as that goes, no matter what time of day it was.

Good!

Of course, Mike still wouldn't go on but he was nice enough to wait with me in line,
and then he took the regular elevator down from the top.

Hence removing your ability to ride twice. The cad!!!

;)

enhance

Nice shot!

I know I've said this before, but I used to HATE this ride :scared1:

Actually... me too. Well... "hate" is too strong. Not really enjoy, is closer.

Years later, I learned that the ride doesn't drop, there is a big arm that pulls you down and this seems to have made all the difference to me and while it's not my absolute favorite, I kind of enjoy this ride now.

That's very interesting.
I'll have more on this in a bit.

Don't I look happy?

Actually... you do!

I'm still never going to let go of those handles!

I used to do that. I'd hold on for dear life. Then, one time, I went on it and wanted to pose for the camera for my TR. I reasoned with myself that if I didn't hold on, I'd be safe. Disney wouldn't allow guests to ride if their safety depended on it. So I didn't hold on and... I liked it! Now I don't hold on and like the ride.

After that, we made our way through the Launch Bay and checked out some Light Sabers…

Those are actually pretty cool. I wonder if they're movie used?

Mike tried drinking some of the blue milk someone had left out…

:sad2:

We also met Chewie while we were there He was very polite :goodvibes

Oh? What did he say?
Wait... I know.

"Raaarrr! Raarrr… Raaaaarrr!!"

We also met Kylo Ren, who kind of creeps me out…

:laughing:

there were at least 10-20 families pushing children in wheelchairs though, so we didn't mind waiting.

:goodvibes Definitely something to wait for. Love that Disney does that.

and Glamorous Minnie :love::love::love:

:)

Love this shot of you. :)

the
maiter de told us there was a table outside available right now if we wanted so we decided to sit there.
It was an absolutely gorgeous day and there was a bit of shade from the trees next to us which was just perfect.

Sounds really nice. :)

To nobody's surprise I got the Cobb Salad, but in a surprising turn of events, so did Mike.
I think I must have talked it up a bunch and he wanted to see what the fuss was about.

I think you're at least the third person to talk about this, that I know of.

Hmmmm.... looks interesting.

I got an unsweetened Iced Tea.

How un-Canadian of you.

;)

We thought for a minute about trying the Grapefruit Cake, but we were both too full and decided to skip it.

But... it's cake!

Mike went and waited on his bench while I rode

:laughing: of course he did.

I'm still never going to let go of those handles!

I used to do that. I'd hold on for dear life. Then, one time, I went on it and wanted to pose for the camera for my TR. I reasoned with myself that if I didn't hold on, I'd be safe. Disney wouldn't allow guests to ride if their safety depended on it. So I didn't hold on and... I liked it! Now I don't hold on and like the ride.

This - I used to hold on for dear life...scared to death...would not even mention the ride and would hope DH wouldn't mention going on (it's one of his favs). He wanted a fun pic with both of us raising our hands....so I braved it. I found that it was actually less scary than when I held on. Now I love the ride (GoTG at CA now) and it's often the first ride we go on.

Oh.....I would have totally bought the poncho.

I love Glamorous Minnie! How cute is she!!!

She's adorable, but I felt very underdressed :goodvibes

I'm totally with you on the Tower of Terror, though even the knowledge of it being pulled doesn't help me I still enjoy it after the fact. Jason and Casey won't ride so its a rarity that I get on.

TOT FP for May ::yes:: And you know @ariane37 will go since it's her favorite :lovestruc

Can't wait to ride SDD is it more intense than 7DMT?

It definitely is, but it's also much more fun, in my opinion! It's definitely not RnRC intense, or even EE intense though. I can't wait to see what you think!

Hence removing your ability to ride twice. The cad!!!

:laughing: I'm sure he didn't even think of that…he's still kind of clueless as to how it all works there.
I thought of it and decided riding once was enough for me and that I'd rather have the company in line ::yes::

I agree with you in some respects, and my trust in Disney is what got me to ride not only TOT, but also RnRC and EE. But I swear I read someone's TR where her seatbelt unbuckled on TOT :scared1: I guess if that happens, at least I'll have my handles :rotfl2:

Those are actually pretty cool. I wonder if they're movie used?

I wonder, they look authentic enough ::yes::

Love this shot of you. :)

Thanks, I kind of hate it and almost left it out but I talked so much about the wait and everything I kind of had to throw it in.
I should have cut myself out :rotfl2:

Hmmmm.... looks interesting.

It's soooooooo good…and there's NO coconut ;)

But... it's cake!

I know, and people go crazy for it! Next time :-)

This - I used to hold on for dear life...scared to death...would not even mention the ride and would hope DH wouldn't mention going on (it's one of his favs). He wanted a fun pic with both of us raising our hands....so I braved it. I found that it was actually less scary than when I held on. Now I love the ride (GoTG at CA now) and it's often the first ride we go on.

Really?? Well maybe I'll try that, but I swear I read someone's TR where the seatbelt came unbuckled :scared1:

Oh.....I would have totally bought the poncho.

Everyone would have bought the poncho :laughing:

:laughing: I'm sure he didn't even think of that…he's still kind of clueless as to how it all works there.

:laughing:

I thought of it and decided riding once was enough for me and that I'd rather have the company in line ::yes::

Awwww...
I get that. :) I really do.

I agree with you in some respects, and my trust in Disney is what got me to ride not only TOT, but also RnRC and EE. But I swear I read someone's TR where her seatbelt unbuckled on TOT :scared1: I guess if that happens, at least I'll have my handles :rotfl2:

But think of all the money Mike would get from the settlement!!

No?

Thanks, I kind of hate it and almost left it out but I talked so much about the wait and everything I kind of had to throw it in.
I should have cut myself out :rotfl2:

Oh, no! I wasn't kidding. It's a really nice shot of you.

It's soooooooo good…and there's NO coconut ;)

:laughing: Sold!

It is kind of disappointing, especially because UP is one of my favorite movies. It just doesn't really fit and almost detracts from what should be the stars of the show, the birds ::yes::

You are now the third person I have heard talk about this show and how they miss the old show. Sad.

We eventually got to meet Sorcerer Mickey…

LOVE Sorcerer Mickey!! What a great pic!!

Mike went and waited on his bench while I rode, and after that we headed out and back to the Poly to relax.

I'm sorry if I missed this here or earlier on another TR, but does Mike not like any rides? Just asking because he sounds like my kind of guy lol. I go on only the wimpiest of rides. Is SDD steeper/faster/scarier than 7DMT? (which I chickened out of lol)

I'm sorry if I missed this here or earlier on another TR, but does Mike not like any rides? Just asking because he sounds like my kind of guy lol. I go on only the wimpiest of rides. Is SDD steeper/faster/scarier than 7DMT? (which I chickened out of lol)

Mike doesn't fly (he takes the train from CT to FL :crazy2:), and he won't go on any of the big rides. No 7DMT, Space Mountain, BTMR, not even Splash Mountain. We did EMM at DHS and i went on SDD three times and each time I rode he would wait on the bench that is in the exit pathway, thus, "Mike's Bench." :goodvibes

SDD is definitely more intense than 7DMT. It's faster and there's a hard left turn where you are almost sideways. I didn't expect it to be so intense, but it's also very fun :thumbsup2 Do you go on BTMR? I think it's most like that, only way, way smoother.

That salad looks absolutely delicious!!!

It definitely lived up to the hype ::yes::

I'm glad you were able to add a night onto your April trip! I seriously love taking the last flight in the night before than the God awful early morning flights! (I'm also totally jealous of your Fantasy cruise - I hope you do a trip report for that!)

What a great morning in Hollywood Studios. I still have not done Brown Derby, I definitely need to try it at some point!

Mike doesn't fly (he takes the train from CT to FL :crazy2:), and he won't go on any of the big rides. No 7DMT, Space Mountain, BTMR, not even Splash Mountain. We did EMM at DHS and i went on SDD three times and each time I rode he would wait on the bench that is in the exit pathway, thus, "Mike's Bench." :goodvibes

SDD is definitely more intense than 7DMT. It's faster and there's a hard left turn where you are almost sideways. I didn't expect it to be so intense, but it's also very fun :thumbsup2 Do you go on BTMR? I think it's most like that, only way, way smoother.

He does sound like me lol. I do fly, though can't say I enjoy it, but it's a necessary evil. That's a long train ride! I went on BTMR when I was a kid but haven't been in years, I think I liked it because there weren't a lot of drops. No Space or even Splash for me though lol. SDD does sound a bit intense, but it's really the drops that I don't like so maybe it will be doable one day, after I conquer my fear of 7DMT lol. Sounds like Mike is a good sport about waiting on his bench though, so that's good!

Minnie is easily my favorite character to meet, going back to, well, forever :love:
I used to love her house in Toon-Town and was seriously sad when it closed :sad2:
Yes! Me too! I used to get such a kick out of going to her house. :sad:

What a great morning at DHS! Your salad looks delicious, and I rarely eat anything remotely healthy at Disney, so that's really saying something for me :laughing:

I'm glad you were able to add a night onto your April trip! I seriously love taking the last flight in the night before than the God awful early morning flights!

I don't mind early, but that was maybe a little too early! I think this will work out MUCH better, especially since we get to do EMM now ::yes::

(I'm also totally jealous of your Fantasy cruise - I hope you do a trip report for that!)

I definitely will! I have been spending a lot of time over on the DCL trip reports page just trying to soak in anything I can about the Fantasy. There are definitely not enough of those trip reports out there so I feel it's my civic duty to do one :goodvibes

He does sound like me lol. I do fly, though can't say I enjoy it, but it's a necessary evil. That's a long train ride! I went on BTMR when I was a kid but haven't been in years, I think I liked it because there weren't a lot of drops. No Space or even Splash for me though lol. SDD does sound a bit intense, but it's really the drops that I don't like so maybe it will be doable one day, after I conquer my fear of 7DMT lol. Sounds like Mike is a good sport about waiting on his bench though, so that's good!

He's definitely a good sport about it, and he also doesn't mind just sitting for a bit and resting his feet :thumbsup2 I think 7DMT is a good place to start for you. The drops are not that big and the actual ride is only a couple minutes. Surely you will survive for two minutes :P Good luck!

Sounds like a fun trip so far!

:welcome:

Thanks for reading!

Yes! Me too! I used to get such a kick out of going to her house. :sad:

I think (though I could be wrong) there is still a Toon Town in DL. I guess we'll have to go there if we want to see her house again :cutie::goodvibes

Of course, Mike still wouldn't go on but he was nice enough to wait with me in line,
and then he took the regular elevator down from the top.
I won't ride either. But I should at least go through the queue some time just to see it.

ears later, I learned that the ride doesn't drop, there is a big arm that pulls you down and this seems to have made all the difference to me and while it's not my absolute favorite, I kind of enjoy this ride now.
Yeah...still doesn't help me. It's that dropping sensation in the pit of my stomach I don't like. There's a small part of my wants to try it, just to say I've conquered it once. But most of me is just fine not doing it.

He's definitely a good sport about it, and he also doesn't mind just sitting for a bit and resting his feet :thumbsup2 I think 7DMT is a good place to start for you. The drops are not that big and the actual ride is only a couple minutes. Surely you will survive for two minutes :P Good luck!

That's great lol he's a keeper! Maybe I will get the nerve for 7DMT lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter