The SuperDuper (Preface) to a DLR vets 2nd trip 6/19-29 LIVE UPDATE 6/22 from SSR!

Tickets (and more)

Two tickets came in the mail yesterday. We got them from Undercover Tourist through the Mousesavers newsletter link. Here are pics:
2436591050101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

2087666610101957511S500x500Q85.jpg

We're buying two at a time to spread out the costs. They are 6 day park hoppers.

As for our party, we're still trying to get DU and DCs to come, but that's looking less likely every day. Our other options would be for me and DB to invite friends or maybe we will invite our family friends from OK (if you've read my June TR, it's them). Who knows right now :confused3 Right now, we have a 2 BDR place and only 4 people going for sure.

We're also continuing to look at airfares, but now considering arriving earlier to get a cheaper flight (as opposed to coming in on Friday or Saturday, maybe Wednesday or Thursday). But if we do that then we have to figure out what to do for a couple of extra days. In Orlando, I don't think finding something to do will be an issue....just the funding might be (extra $ for tickets to US? Seaworld? water park? + extra $ for more hotel nights + meals, etc.). I'm sure we'll price it all out and see if flying in earlier will actually save us money.

Well I have a trip for DLR in 4 weeks, but after that we should know who is actually coming and have a decent sense of how we are going to get there and when. We're almost at our single digit dance for WDW....almost. :woohoo:

Final Cast List

So earlier today DMom talked with DUncle and it turns out that with his tax returns, he and his family will be coming with us on the trip! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

We are giving them some free airfares because we know that money is tight, but he's determined to pay for the tickets, dining, and 1/2 of the flights.

So here's the official group going:
-Me
-DMom
-DDad
-DBrother
-DUncle
-DCousin13
-DC11 (will be DC12 for the trip)
and DC10.

If you read my December DLR trips, they are the older cousins. They have never been to WDW and they are going to love it!

We're still looking at the cheapest days to fly. It's looking like my family will be arriving either Wednesday or Thursday (16th or 17th), while DU and DCs will be coming in on Saturday the 19th. So we might have to find something to do before on the days before they get there (BB? TL?) We'll all go to WDW from the 19th-26th staying at SSR. :thumbsup2

So excited! Only 3 1/2 more months! :goodvibes

Just found your PTR, and I'm looking forward to reading more!!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'll definitely be having more updates the closer we get to the trip. Right now, I'm going to DisneyLAND next week with my high school band, so that's the Disney thing on my mind now. But after that, all of the exciting 2nd semester senior stuff will take over and then it'll all culminate to graduation and then WDW! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I have lots of news but I'll split it up into two posts. Since I'm heading off to DL tomorrow, I'll only put up the first part tonight.

Flight!

Today my wonderful mother booked a flight! :cool1:

We will be leaving on Saturday, June 19th and returning on Tuesday, June 29th. Our cousins will be there from the 19th to the 27th, so we'll be there for an extra couple days. It was such a steal through Travelocity. I think the flights for all 4 of us was less than $900! :banana::banana:

So excited that we are staying a couple more days. Now we have to figure out where to stay.

Next up: Change in tickets!

Tickets Revisited

So last time I talked about tickets, we were getting 6 day park hoppers. Well, since then Disney came out with the Premier Passport that gives admission to both WDW and DLR. Since I'll be going to college in the fall in So. Cal, our family was thinking that getting me a Premier Passport might be a good deal. We priced it out and sure enough, I'll be getting a PP.

We also are doing our GADGAD volunteer service this upcoming Saturday, which will allow me to take off $80 off of the PP, lowering the cost to 620, even furthering the value of getting the pass.

But after considering it more and more, our family decided that all 4 of us will be getting PP. :cool1: This is because our WDW trip dates got extended, it will allow us to visit at least 1 (probably both) of the water parks or go back to one of the 4 theme parks for another visit. So those tickets that we bought before will be going to my cousins/uncle and my whole family will be using GAD vouchers to upgrade to a PP. :goodvibes

Next update: Accommodations for those extra nights

Yay! Another reader! Time for another update!!

Park Touring/Tentative Itinerary Revised!

Since we have extended our trip a couple days, I thought I'd redo our itinerary.

Saturday, June 19th:
Arrive at MCO in the afternoon, maybe head to MK or EP

Sunday, June 20th:
Morning-DHS
Evening-Epcot

Monday, June 21st:
Morning-DHS Morning Extra Magic Hours
Evening- AK Evening Extra Magic Hours (only from 7PM-10PM though)

Tuesday, June 22nd:
Off day, probably explore DTD, swim at SSR pool

Wednesday, June 23rd:
Morning-EP
Evening-MK

Thursday, June 24th:
Morning-MK Morning Extra Magic hours?? Or AK
Evening-DHS (Fantasmic?)

Friday, June 25th:
Morning-AK or MK
Evening-EP (Illuminations?)

Saturday, June 26th:
Morning-Cousins and uncle leave :( We check out of SSR, explore DTD, maybe see Toy Story 3 at the DTD AMC!
Evening-Check into AKL, swim at the pool, explore the resort

Sunday, June 27th:
Morning-Blizzard Beach, maybe Winter Summerland mini golf
Evening-Stay at hotel, Boma ADR at like 6 I think

Monday, June 28th:
Morning-Typhoon Lagoon
Evening-A park? Wherever we want to go

Tuesday, June 29th:
Morning-A park? Wherever we want to go again
Afternoon-Check out and head home.

The whole schedule is up in the air still, but after doing some planning, this seems like a solid plan. T-minus 2 1/2 months :cool1:

Wow I haven't updated in 2 months. Anyway, today is our SINGLE DIGIT DANCE! I have tweaked the itinerary. I've planned out most of the food. We got our Magical Express tickets in the mail a couple weeks ago. We are all set to go!! Can't wait! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Leaving tomorrow! :cool1::cool1::cool1: :dance3::dance3::dance3:

However, recently my dad did something to his knee, so he'll be wearing a ginormous brace for the trip. We think we'll be renting a wheelchair each day, but we'll see what happens. It like just happened so it's been hard to plan for this unexpected twist. But we're all psyched about going and sleeping tonight will be very very difficult! I plan on taking hundreds of pictures and posting a full photo TR and photo dining review when I return!

BON VOYAGE! :wave2:

LIVE UPDATE FROM WDW!

We're at WDW right now, it's our off day. SSR is wonderful and all of the parks have been really fun. We've only been to the parks for 2 days but we've done a ton of stuff. Evening EMH at AK last night was amazing-Dinosaur, EE x3 and KRR x2 all in the last hour! Anyway, I have hundreds of pictures already and you all better get ready for a great photo TR and photo dining review of QSDP when I return in a week! Toodles! :goodvibes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter