Dumbo in the Dark
Bonus Video. Dumbo in the Dark
Bonus Video Big Thunder Mountain Ride Through

Day 12 September 23 2013
Hollywood Studios
rain
Yes more rain!
Cape May and more rain!

Ok.. let's go...first off.. if you don't know who we are feel free to go to the PTR and check us out.... there are links to our other 2 TR's there as well..don't rush.. I'll wait while you read and get to know us.......

Ok..all caught up? No? Didnt want to read that much..ok so here's the 411 on who we are:

Eric.. the Papa bear ( as deemed by Crush).. hard working man who makes these trips financially possible. Is a Disney convert and likes the transportation and food the best!

Me.. Disney nut... I would live in Disney if allowed

Declan..11.5...my Disney mini me....turns into a whole different more relaxed human in Disney..

Jadziah..one month shy of 10... loves Disney in her own way... would prefer if her little brother didnt come with us..then she'd like it better!

Taejan..8.. new found love of thrill rides.. would like Disney better if his sister didnt join us...

Details on the trip.. we were gone from 9/11-9/27 2013.. yep.. thats a LONG vacation.. first night at a hotel near the airport..the rest at Port Orleans Riverside with Hoppers, water parks and more..and free dining. This was our first trip with just the 5 of us... our oldest is on his own now and my mother was not invited..we had a really stressful year and we needed this break from everyone!

Wed Sept 11th... Eric worked until noon.. I packed the car

001_zpsc1ef3cc1.jpg

Once he was home the kids piled in the car and we headed down to Hartford Ct

002_zps574e5d5f.jpg

We located the park n fly place we were using then looked for a hotel for the night.. one that wouldn't cost more than a night at Disney.. rather difficult.. finally found a nice place... and not to pricey.. they had an indoor pool.. my one must have since we didnt fly until the next morning.. I wanted the kids to be tired and able to sleep!
007_zpsffe2d96c.jpg

005_zps9a845890.jpg

006_zpsc7119cf2.jpg

Next we hit up a place to eat.. one of my faves..
009_zps0f21cfb8.jpg

back to the hotel..the kids swam more and ran around outside..
012_zps638d9728.jpg

We played some UNO and other such fun things.. then it was crash out time..because in a few hours we were flying..the kids first time.. they were a little nervous... wonder how that goes....

So.. we are now on D day.. yep..we have reached Disney day after 52 LONG weeks of thinking and planning and re planning and thinking and even a little "do we even WANT to go so soon" thrown in there.

So we had spent the night in a local ( to the airport) hotel..nice enough..clean etc.. kids slept well.. I was pleased!! Our flight was due to depart at 8:10am..so we were up around 5:15.. showered , dressed ..tossed all our dirty clothes in an extra bag to fester in the trunk for the next 16 days.. oh yeah that was smart @@.

Now I havent flown since 2000..Eric since like 1994..lol. my kids never. I was a little ( ok I'm OCD and "little" is subjective) nervous. We left the hotel and headed to the parking location.

They are as ready as they will ever be! waiting for Eric to get the car settled and the shuttle to grab us and bring us to the hotel.
042_zpsa0e36fc5.jpg

The kids were all a little on edge. My youngest had spent the last 3 weeks researching planes. He knew the flight altitude, the fuel load needed to get us to FL, the seating charts ..everything. I had told them about what TSA might be like.. well it was a cake walk. Our luggage got checked in fast.. we went to go thru security. No questions asked of the kids.. and we were all sent thru the normal metal detector..no body scanner..sweet. Its also a smaller airport so it was not busy. We headed off to grab some breakfast...of course it was crap food ( ie mcdonalds).

Then we headed over to our gate
Look at the varying faces...older one is excited..girl is like whatever and the youngest..hes a nervous wreck...lol

043_zpsc8a0e377.jpg

We had purchased Early Bird and pulled A26-30 .. perfect! We boarded the flight..headed right to the back. All the kids wanted a window seat. Taejan sat with me on one side, Eric and Ziah on the other.. and Declan behind me.
001_zps3a932359.jpg

This would be the point Declan was deciding.. window seat with strangers or go sit with mom.. guess what won?
002_zpsd59aea27.jpg

Taejan and I:
003_zpsd3586b0f.jpg

Declan meandered over with Taejan and I as the plane started filling up. Jadziah had a really sweet 20 something sitting with her and Eric. She was an artist and spent the whole flight drawing with Ziah.. WIN!

I forgot how awesome the view is when you are up so high
004_zps8ca237a9.jpg

007_zps7a4d42e4.jpg

We had a great flight.. kids are used to a 22+ hour drive to Disney..so they were perfect for the 2.5 hour flight.. They all loved flying..

We landed..and headed off.
010_zps511313cd.jpg

I was nervous about finding magical express..no worries it was easy. we all had our magic bands on so when we got to ME they scanned us, we boarded a bus and we were off!!

The video is cute..I think.. we didnt have seats actually NEAR one of the TV's so we really didn't get to "see" and hear it... oh well

We stopped at OKW and SS then off to POR!!! Of course..being the crazy thing I am I was just hoping our luggage had made it to FL with us...

So.. we arrived..got to Magical Express in one piece

IMG_3916_zps8e941173.jpg

..our Magic Bands worked to get us on the bus.. so far so good.. we ride.. and finally get to POR. I stayed here way back in 1999 back when it was Dixie Landings... we also visited last year and the year before.. we are rather fond of the place.

We walked in and got in the Online Check in line....now it wasn't busy at all..

012_zps1474cc66.jpg

We were greeted by a CM with a hand held and checked in FAST.. like was less than 5 minutes from getting off ME to walking to our room. She said we had gotten blocked in ( 2 ressies) for the whole trip and got our 1st floor corner room.. sweet!!

So off we went.. with just a small bag each.. we had packed swim suits and a change of clothes in our carry on.. so still praying our luggage arrives. yeah I told ya Im a worrier.

It was gorgeous out..so we headed off to our building.. oh what a walk we had in store for us...lol

013_zps292d1401.jpg

Was it this building? NOPE that would be way too close to the main building.. we dont do close apparently..
022_zps3b55d65d.jpg

Oh good.. because the long walk was too boring we ran into a snake..yeppie!!
024_zpsfb9c7594.jpg

We finally found our building.. won't lie those signs are a bit confusing..
building 36 room 3608. pretty close to as far as ya can get from the main building..but that's ok..my mantra for the next 16 days was "I'm working off free dining" so the walk was fine with me.. ya know..once we figured out the most efficient route!

IMG_5778_zps5c2f7f8c.jpg

he fits!
IMG_5050_zpsea90cb91.jpg

Love this place!
IMG_1901_zpsa9fa9209.jpg

Our Magic Bands worked on the locks so that was a hopeful sign.. we also had a working fridge.. that I really didnt care about.. in fact not having one and getting the credit would have been better.but such is life...

So we are here.. its REAL.. the kids are all in relatively good moods although they are hungry...so what shall we do now??

Quick ... We had a few lost images from PP.. including our 1900 park fare pictures which means we didnt get our prints. Well PP has found ALL our images ( hitching ghosts is the BEST..so glad they found em!!).. and are mailing us the 1900 prints. They have restored my faith in the service :)..so my disc is ordered and I can start adding those pictures in soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter