• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Swan or Dolphin

jshawle

The Professor
We are planning a trip and thinking about staying a couple of days either at the Swan or Dolphin Hotel. Which do you think is better? What are the pros and cons?

Have stayed at both a lot of times. Keep in mind that when it comes to amenities, the resorts share their main pool/laundry. But it's a fairly quick walk across the breezeway from one property.

Bus transpiration to Ak/Mk is the same for both properties and shared with Swan Reserve (as is the laundry) and I believe SR guests can use the S/D pool but S/D guests cannot use the SR pool. Both are walkable/boat to DHS/Ep/Boardwalk which is our main reason for our stays since they're usually, not always, much more competitively priced than the Disney crescent lake properties.

Here's some general info off the top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing a few things.

Swan
Queen beds with heavenly beds
smaller resort than dolphin
No laundry room, located at Dolphin
more chill/refined laid back smaller lobby
QS is Java for AM coffee but not near as large/stocked as Fuel

Dolphin
full size beds-not sure of mattress brand
shape of hotel lends itself to long hallways if you're far from the elevator but keep in mind, it's interior hotel hallways so climate control is plus. but resort is a bit larger than Swan.
More upbeat/vibrant fun lobby with large central bar/hangout area but can be a negative if people prefer a quieter atmosphere
Fuel grab and go is a large QS with all day hours so makes grabbing food on your way in/out super convenient.

I also suggest going to the Swan/Dolphin thread. I usually stay at whichever one has the best price, because they are similar. Prices being equal, I would pick the Swan because it's smaller and I prefer the bathroom layout.

We really have loved out stays at either, the location and usually the price makes it a slam dunk for us. If I were to pick one over the other I'd pick the Swan as its small, bit quieter and prefer the bed and the 2 sinks in the bathrooms. But for the right price it doesn't make that much difference when its just my wife and I.

I would never stay at the Dolphin due to double beds. It's hard enough going from a King at home to a Queen, I can't do a double!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter