The Sweet Meet - Dis'ers do Hershey

CP would be a go for us. :dance3: 12 hrs give or take.

Probably a couple days in Niagara first. WOOT!

I'll be the only person to 2nd this. :laughing: Plus it's close to our beach house. :rolleyes1

We've never been down to that area........yet

Vinny want to go somewhere where they dump a bucket of crabs on your table, give you a mallet, and you go to town.

:headache: I don't know a thing about the place, so I feel it's better left to an expert of the area. :rolleyes1

BTW - 9 hour drive. :eek:

I hear ya on the 9 hours, we've never done that before.

BTW, Hershey was a 10 hr drive for me!

I'd be happy to lead the charge if necessary, but I think Todd is the Cedar Point Expert...just say'en :rolleyes1

I'm sure it would be a group effort, and wouldn't be put just on your or Todd's shoulders... Plus, I've learned a few things from the Hershey meet that I could pass on :teacher:

So, next year we're going to meet in the hometown of the Adventurer of the Year! :thumbsup2

Phillip has always wanted to go to Cedar Point. It would be great if he would have coaster buddies, since I'm such a wimp. Looks like it would be about a 5 hour drive for us from Indy.

I have a coaster husband!

CP would be a go for us. :dance3: 12 hrs give or take.

Probably a couple days in Niagara first. WOOT!

and a roomie!

Little did they know there was a stack of 13 white buckets right outside their window. :)

HersheyFudd2.jpg

After three loads of laundry, the house is back to normal. Well, as normal as can be with our bunch.

:worship: I can't thank Andrea enough for organizing this DIS Meet! This was a well-needed long weekend for Bill and I and a nice end of summer vacation for the kids. They start school on Monday.

Thank you Andrea!!!!!!

Our drive home was uneventful, except a few showers along the way. Bill was a trooper and did all the driving. Thank you honey! :love:

We had fun at Hershey Park. We had to keep telling ourselves it's not Disney and we can't compare the two. But, I DID miss Fastpasses and EMH admission. It definitely WAS better than our local Six Flags! Before our trip, someone mentioned that the park had hills. They weren't kidding! How does someone with an ECV or wheelchair navigate that park????

We made the opening at Hershey Park.
HersheyPark2010047.jpg

(Thank you John for taking this picture!)

We are the proud parents of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, Hershey's Bar and a Jolly Rancher.
HersheyPark2010036.jpg
HersheyPark2010038.jpg
HersheyPark2010040.jpg

This is a really cute way to do the height measurements. Always at WDW, I have to ask Bill, "How tall is Cole again?" If he was to say a "Mickey", I might remember it more.

:hug: We had fun hanging out with John and Kat in the morning. Thanks John for watching Cole and Emily. We truly appreciate it!!! Our son Will had fun riding the rollercoasters with Kenny. He can't wait to reconnect with him on the cruise. We did get separated from the group late morning. So, we decided to let our little ones do some kiddie rides. Luckily, we seemed to hit the rides early enough before the crowds.

The Taylor kids having fun at Hershey Park.
HersheyPark2010145.jpg
HersheyPark2010147.jpg
HersheyPark2010212.jpg

HersheyPark2010151.jpg
HersheyPark2010160.jpg

And BIG kids too ...
HersheyPark2010222.jpg

After lunch, the park was packed. We made the mistake of heading over to The Boardwalk. It was chaos! That is when we decided to make a quick stop at Hershey's Chocolate World and head off property.

HersheyPark2010264.jpg

HersheyPark2010265.jpg
HersheyPark2010268.jpg
HersheyPark2010273.jpg

We did a little shopping and I couldn't resist these photo ops.
HersheyPark2010291.jpg
HersheyPark2010292.jpg

It was about 5:30 PM when we dropped into our car and into the much needed A/C.

One thing Bill wanted while in PA was a philly cheesesteak sandwich. We didn't want to drive into Philly. So, Bill did research before our trip and found a place near Harrisburg that is suppose to have a great sandwich. By the time we got out of the parking lot at HP, DS4 (Cole) was already fast asleep.

Cole catching some zzzzz's (It was a lot of hills for his little legs.)
HersheyPark2010311.jpg

We decided to make the drive to get dinner. We figured by the time we got the food and drove back to our hotel, Cole would be awake from his cat nap. The sandwich shop info was back at the hotel. So, we did a search on our GPS and found one by the same name just closer. So, we headed that way. Once we got off the highway, well let me put it nicely, we were in the ghetto. It was something out of the movie Vacation. Here we are in the family truckster definitely lost. Luckily, it was still daylight. At one point, Bill nudged me and said there's a man dressed like a woman. It was a prostitute! :confused3 It was "that" bad! After a few lights, I told Bill take a left and head back to the highway. We'd find the other place. I can laugh about it now, but at the time it was a little scary. Once back on the highway, we found the address of the other sandwich shop on our GPS. When we got off at the exit, we were "pleasantly" surprised with it's location. Bill went in with DS10 (Will) to get our sandwiches (Cole was still asleep). Once back at the hotel, we got to munch on these yummy cheesesteak sandwiches with Cheez Wiz and all ...

HersheyPark2010319.jpg

(Yum! Yum!)

After dinner, I laid down for a bit and that's when it hit me, a really bad headache. It was as if someone was hitting nails into my head. So, I took a few Motrin and a nap. Before I knew it, Bill was shaking me to wake up because the tailgate party had started again. Poor Bill, I fell back asleep. I wasn't budging. I know how you felt Mark. About an hour later, Bill started shaking me again. This time, I splashed some water on my face and popped a few more Motrin and we were on our way to meet back up with y'all. We didn't travel halfway across the country for me to sleep while there was a DIS Party happening.

We did late check-out the next morning. We loaded the car as it started to rain. The weather had cooperated enough for us to enjoy a sunshine-filled day at Hershey Park. What more could we ask for?

:grouphug: Thank you to everyone for welcoming us with open arms. We have yet to meet an unfriendly DISer in person. :disrocks:

For those going on the cruise ... See you in December!

HersheyPark2010165.jpg

Jennifer

Grandson Alan and his friend Aaron really enjoyed Hershey Park. And Tidal Force early in the day was no exception. :goodvibes

HersheyPark4.jpg

HersheyPark5.jpg

We did it! :cool1:

HersheyPark6.jpg

Cedar Point is 2-2.5 hours from me. Less if I want a chat with the Ohio Highway Patrol.

The area is much flatter than Hershey.

There are a few hotels in the area that are less expensive than Kalahari or Great Wolf Lodge that DO allow drinking near the pool area, as well as four legged fur-babies.

Cedar Point is 2-2.5 hours from me. Less if I want a chat with the Ohio Highway Patrol.

The area is much flatter than Hershey.

There are a few hotels in the area that are less expensive than Kalahari or Great Wolf Lodge that DO allow drinking near the pool area, as well as four legged fur-babies.

:thumbsup2 This is very intriguing! Bill knows how I feel about a trip to Cedar Point ... :worship:

Wish we had more time with you Todd and other fellow DISers. There's always December!!! :banana:

:surfweb: Jennifer

Nice post Jennifer. It was a pleasure meeting you, Bill, and the family. Glad you made the trip out! :goodvibes

:flower3: Thanks George! It was great meeting you and Deb. It was nice to put a "real" person to a screen persona. You didn't disappoint! ;) Our son, Will, had fun getting to know Alan while we were at the tailgate party. Please thank him for us. :wizard:

:flower3: Thanks George! It was great meeting you and Deb. It was nice to put a "real" person to a screen persona. You didn't disappoint! ;) Our son, Will, had fun getting to know Alan while we were at the tailgate party. Please thank him for us. :wizard:

Thanks Jen. Alan had a great time with Will. And thank Bill for finding Alan's swim goggles and returning them. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter