• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Tenth Honeymoon is the Best One of Them All! - May '14 TR - COMPLETED 4/19

Wow!! You are cruising along on this TR! Loving it!! And SO happy that you guys didn't get tired of WDW. I was worried last year. ;)

I think you have a great idea for AllEars expansion...menus for airport & surrounding towns! Because, to your later point, where else do people go on vacation? :confused3

Great job on the 50 lb suitcase!

Happy to hear your bands worked at Magical Express. Can't wait to hear what you think of them and FP+ overall.

So cute to see Emily still loving her Duffy bear!

Hurrah for a good room location!

Joining! I got interested when saw you are from Bethlehem. As that as where my wife and I went to college, met, and got married it definitely holds a special place in my heart

Plus your writing is quite of a comical variety - so that is enjoyable too!

Glad the travel went as well as it could and that you, eventually, got a great room!

Oh, and those fish tacos look pretty darn good. And nice of you to splurge on the Mickey premium Ice Cream Bar as opposed to the inferior variety ;)

Great start! I'm glad you got a good room. CSR looks beautiful, but we are CBR fans here. Mostly because my daughters refuse to give up the pirate room, though we do love the resort. Hopefully one day we'll be able to try CSR though.

I can't wait to hear about your experiences with the Magic Bands. Our FP+ window opens in July and I'm excited about/dreading it. Honestly, as long as we get Anna and Elsa, I'll be happy.

Really looking forward to hearing more! BTW, Dylan no longer looks like a little boy.

I'm here too! Can't wait to see what makes it the best one yet!

Following along.... your writing style is hilarious. :coffee:
Can't wait to read up on this TR and now your previous TRs.
Thanks, now i'm hooked :guilty:

Looks like your off to a good start. Looking forward to reading more about your trip. :)

JT - Kristin's homemade Barber foods chicken was made up here in Portland ME! I'm hoping the crazy old man from Bethlehem we met at the Boardwalk makes it into this report! Can't wait for the next installment :)

Ahh please come back and update more ASAP! Great report so far!!
I can't wait to read more!! :)

Such a good start and you're not even at WDW yet!

In spite of the answer I gave on Spaceship Earth, I do also enjoy the journey :)

Wish we would have had more days there when you all were there, but it was a nice topper on the end of our vacation. :thumbsup2

And a great start to ours! We're getting to that part in the next few updates!

I recently started reading trip reports. I've learned a bunch and many are very informative. Yours is also entertaining right out of the gate. Love your writing style! Looking forward to reading about your trip. :)

Thanks! There are a lot of great reports on these boards, so I'm happy you picked mine!

loving it!!

Can't wait for the rest of your trip report!!

It's coming!

Wow!! You are cruising along on this TR! Loving it!! And SO happy that you guys didn't get tired of WDW. I was worried last year. ;)

I think you have a great idea for AllEars expansion...menus for airport & surrounding towns! Because, to your later point, where else do people go on vacation? :confused3

Great job on the 50 lb suitcase!

Happy to hear your bands worked at Magical Express. Can't wait to hear what you think of them and FP+ overall.

So cute to see Emily still loving her Duffy bear!

Hurrah for a good room location!

I finished posting the last of my pre-written report that I started on Day 1. From here on out, it's write as I go!

We weight the suitcases ourselves (using me and a bathroom scale), so we knew we'd be close. But not that close!

Happy with the bands up to this point. But will it last?

Emily ADORES that bear! As for the room, Kristin has informed me that I lied about the room number. I'll clear that up in the next update :)

Joining! I got interested when saw you are from Bethlehem. As that as where my wife and I went to college, met, and got married it definitely holds a special place in my heart

Plus your writing is quite of a comical variety - so that is enjoyable too!

Glad the travel went as well as it could and that you, eventually, got a great room!

Oh, and those fish tacos look pretty darn good. And nice of you to splurge on the Mickey premium Ice Cream Bar as opposed to the inferior variety ;)

Which college? Moravian? Lehigh? We love Bethlehem, too, which is why we've never left! Well, unless you consider living in Allentown for a few years "leaving".

Glad you think this TR is funny. I tend to view life as funny, so it probably bleeds into this a bit. Hope I can keep it up!

Fish tacos WERE delicious. And yes, the premium bars are good, but nothing like the deluxe premium bars. But you can only get those on eBay ;)

Great start! I'm glad you got a good room. CSR looks beautiful, but we are CBR fans here. Mostly because my daughters refuse to give up the pirate room, though we do love the resort. Hopefully one day we'll be able to try CSR though.

I can't wait to hear about your experiences with the Magic Bands. Our FP+ window opens in July and I'm excited about/dreading it. Honestly, as long as we get Anna and Elsa, I'll be happy.

Really looking forward to hearing more! BTW, Dylan no longer looks like a little boy.

We've considered CBR, but can't bring ourselves to leave CSR. How is the busing at CBR?

There will be much about the bands in this report. And yes, Dylan is pretty darned big now. His calves are about twice the width of mine, but then again, mine aren't much bigger than Emily's :)

Following along! Looking forward to reading more. :cheer2:

That's great, because I'll be writing more! Thanks for joining in :)

I'm here too! Can't wait to see what makes it the best one yet!

I'll give you a hint: it's Disney-related.

Following along.... your writing style is hilarious. :coffee:
Can't wait to read up on this TR and now your previous TRs.
Thanks, now i'm hooked :guilty:

Try not to notice that there is no 2013 TR. That's still a sore subject :)

Glad you're enjoying them, though. Thanks for reading!

Following!

In spite of what Kristin might say, I'm leading!

Following along!

We like to call Coronado Springs "home" too!

This was our 5th year in a row there. I can't imagine going anywhere else. Well, with a few possible exceptions (Poly, Boardwalk are possibilities).

Looks like your off to a good start. Looking forward to reading more about your trip. :)

So far, so good! And we're not even in a park yet!

JT - Kristin's homemade Barber foods chicken was made up here in Portland ME! I'm hoping the crazy old man from Bethlehem we met at the Boardwalk makes it into this report! Can't wait for the next installment :)

Maine's greatest export, since you keep the red hot dogs all to yourselves :mad:

That guy from the Boardwalk will be in it. As will you!

Great report!

Thanks! Let's hope I can maintain it :)

Ahh please come back and update more ASAP! Great report so far!!
I can't wait to read more!! :)

More is coming! I'll also be promoting your trip report in about 5 seconds here...

Below is a list of trip reports that I am either reading or have read in the recent past. Anyone who has read my reports before knows that I'm notoriously bad at staying caught up, so I typically grab reports that are near the start. Of course, I plan on reading a lot more, including ones from people reading this report. I appreciate your support, and hope to return it!

My first report got a major bump when MEK promoted it on her TR, so hopefully I can use my limited influence to do the same :)

Britbrie's "Oops! I Did it Again!! New Years in Disney 2014"

Hilarious report with amazing photos! I think it's her first TR, and it's a good one.

PrincessCaitlin's "For the first time in 4ever...I don't have to go home!!!!! A DCP Diary!!!"

A fantastic trip from applying for the Disney College Program to...well, I don't know yet, because I'm not caught up. VERY interesting report, though. Plus, we get mentioned in it ;)

Rachel09985's "Sister Selfie A Day Keeps the Magic Alive! March 2014 TR with Sis and Friends!"

She gets +1 for being from Minnesota, but -2 for being a Packers fan. Oh, but she writes a great trip report, and I guess that's what's important :)

Ok, back to writing mine. Thanks for reading!

Kristin asked me today why I'm lying about our room number. I don't really have an answer to that. Our room was 8128. I apologize for deliberately misleading you.

Off to the pool now. I love this pool! It's one of the best things about this resort, and there are A LOT of good things about this resort.

And that's just the pyramid! There's much more to it than that!

Well, I guess I don't have a great full-pool shot from this day. I think I might later. Bad trip reporter!

I do, however, have a shot of the boy under the "get water shot onto your head" thing.

Oh, and the Jagular Slide! Can't forget the Jagular Slide!

Well, I guess I can forget to take a picture of it. I know I did later. Again, bad trip reporter!

I do have a shot of Emily at the end of the Jagular Slide, though.

And here's Kristin swimming with a big hat.

As you can see, the pool's pretty much empty now. Wait - there's someone in the pool! No - some...thing. What the heck is that?

Oh no, it's a roach! Or some sort of beetle! And it's HUGE! The lifeguards get it out, and now you get to enjoy it as well.

Speaking of enjoy, I decided to get my first beer of the trip. Rix Red from Siestas. It's officially vacation!

Kristin also enjoys, but not the Rix Red.

For those keeping score, so far, we've seen lizards, squirrels, big bugs, love bugs, turtles, fish, ducks, and other assorted birds at this resort. There may be more. No snakes yet, at least. But that's usually at Epcot.

The activities start, and one of the first is "song trivia". Everyone gets a sheet for answers, and the CM plays part of a song you must identify. Kristin and I are ok at it, but any country song that comes up is immediately mislabeled by me as being by Florida-Georgia Line. What can I say, I don't listen to country.

Kristin talks me into changing the first country song to some other singer. Ok. But I still think it's Florida-Georgia Line.

We know the next few - Green Day, Beyonce, Blink 182...but then, another country song comes on. "It's Florida-Georgia Line." Kristin, not knowing any better, gives up and agrees to go with that answer. My reasoning is that one of these HAS to be by them. It just has to.

The woman sitting next to us at the pool comments on Kristin's tattoo, so we get into that conversation. It's a fun topic, I must admit! The couple drove to CSR that day and said their car was covered in love bugs. 'Tis the season, I guess.

We hand in our answer sheet and await the answers. The first country song comes up...and it's Florida-Georgia Line. Are you kidding me? That was my first guess! So the one we did pick them for wasn't them at all. Oh, well.

We leave without winning the rubber ducky, so it's back to our beer and Dasani.

After a while, we decide to head back to the room to see if the luggage arrived, enjoying the view along the way.

We get to the room - room 8128, for any auditors reading - and our luggage is there! Yay! We unpack our neatly organized outfits for week:

I'm not ashamed to admit that "coordinate the outfits" day is one of my favorite of the Disney planning calendar. There are some rules in place - can't wear an Epcot shirt at Epcot, Haunted Mansion shirt must not be worn at Magic Kingdom for similar reasons, and I'll be wearing the same shirt I always wear to the Polynesian for dinner. But mostly, it's a bit less structured. Well, if you ignore the individually-ziplocked, coordinated outfits, of course.

I notice the "message" light is lit up on our phone, so I check the messages. No messages. Ok, so why is the light on? Eventually, it did go off, though I don't recall how or if it was even that same day. However, the phone DID ring...and it was Dan, from "Dan and Jeanette".

If you didn't read my 2012 Trip Report, here's the Dan and Jeanette origin story:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44844912&postcount=35

It started crazy, but we kept in touch online (Jeanette is "JeanetteK" on the DISboards) and discovered that we'd be at CSR on at least one overlapping day on this trip! Dan says they went to Downtown Disney today and have something for the kids. Sounds great! I don't know if it's technically a DISmeet, but it's sure to be a fun meet!

We finish unpacking and get ready to head back to the pool...

...but don't get there in tonight's update. Stay tuned!

[POST=51529127](next update)[/POST]

As for the room, Kristin has informed me that I lied about the room number. I'll clear that up in the next update :)

Well I guess this explains why I sent Dan to 8126!!! And here I thought I was wrong (impossible!!) -- so good to know that I was just misinformed! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I'm just glad nobody answered that door when he went a-knockin'!! LOL

Wow, CSR's CS options are really good! Those fish tacos look excellent.
I'm glad while your original room request wasn't offered, you still good an excellent location!

Yay! A Nilla report. Your last ones led to a great first trip to WDW last summer. We stayed at CSR and loved it.

We go again in 3 weeks but I have felt like you. Dragging my feet with all of the FP+ angst. Magic bands came and it's time to pull up my big girl pants and get excited about this trip.

Gotta say...it's not fair to refer to events from the unwritten 2013 report. Kristin and stairs, hmm?

Your kids look great and I can't wait to read more. Keep you writing mojo going!

Lynne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter