The Total Cost of Our Disney Wedding

thatdisneygirl

Mouseketeer
I finally put together the final numbers for our Disney wedding and I thought it might be helpful for anyone trying to decide if they can afford a Disney wedding or what type of wedding works with their budget. We had an original budget of $20,000 but we ended up going over by about $2,000, mainly because our budget needed to include our honeymoon and travel costs associated with the wedding.

Now, before we get into numbers, I need to make a huge disclaimer. I don't think these numbers necessarily reflect the average cost of the type of wedding that we had. I begged, borrowed, and nearly stole to get things to be as cheap as possible and I got really lucky with some of the deals I got, like my wedding dress. These prices reflect contracts I made in early 2008 and the prices for everything are likely to be higher now (perhaps much higher), especially for creative services like photography, videography, and hair/makeup. I also got discounts on a few things in exchange for free publicity on my blog.

Finally, Kyle and I skimped on a lot of things to make room in our budget for others. We didn't have a cake, we didn't have real flowers, we didn't have a rehearsal dinner, and the bride wore flip flops. So, before you look at our final number and say "I can do that!", remember that there's a lot of hard work and compromise that doesn't show up on this list.

So, without further ado, here are the final numbers for our Disney wedding:
All costs include tax and gratuity.

* Bride’s Ring: $1500.00
* Groom’s Ring: $1260.00
* Wedding Pavilion for Ceremony: $2662.50
* Officiant: $300.00
* Pre-Reception at Whitehall Room for 55 guests: $2950.05
* Reception at Grand Floridian for 55 guests: $4082.31
* DJ for Reception: $1500.00
* Photography (digital files, no prints): $1950.00
* Videography (digital files, no editing): $546.35
* 142 Homemade Invitations w/ postage: $640.00
* Wedding Newsletter #1 w/ postage: $18.00
* Wedding Newsletter #2 w/ postage: $18.00
* Bridal Party Newsletter w/ postage: $10.00
* Guest Information Packets w/ postage: $245.00
* Programs for 55 guests: $7.00
* Wedding Dress: $265.00
* Bride Shoes: $5.00
* Bride Earrings: $8.00
* Veil: $10.00
* Hair/Makeup Trial: $100.00
* Wedding Day Hair/Makeup: $140.00
* Groom Tux and Shoes w/ delivery to Pop Century: $130.00
* Wraps for 5 Bridesmaids: $10.00
* Ties for 11 Groomsmen/Bridesmen: $85.00
* Flowers for Wedding Party: $150.00
* Flower Girl Basket: $4.00
* Baby Bridesmaid Wand: $6.00
* Reception Centerpieces for 6 tables: $93.00
* Placecards and Table Numbers w/ holders for 6 tables: $10.00
* Guestbook: $28.00
* 5 Bridesmaid Gifts: $50.00
* 11 Groomsman/Bridesman Gifts: $25.00
* Parent Gifts: $130.00
* Activity bags for kids at reception: $20.00
* Flight to Florida for Planning Session/Week-long Honeymoon: $461.00
* Hotel for Planning Session/Week-long Honeymoon: $602.00
* Estimated food/extras for Planning Session/Week-long Honeymoon: $400.00
* Flight to Florida for Wedding Week: $650.00
* Hotel for Wedding Week: $519.72
* Estimated food/extras for Wedding Week: $200.00
* Bridal Minnie Ears: $20.00
* Groom Mickey Ears: $20.00
* Thank You Cards: $40.00
* Two At-Home Reception Books: $56.00

Total: $21,926.93

Oh, busted! I ended up going about $2000.00 over. I could make excuses here about how the rings shouldn't count (or at least my ring) because that wasn't part of the wedding planning and how I included the honeymoon costs, which were $1,463, and arguably that shouldn't have been included either. So, if I cheat and take off the things that were Kyle's responsibility (ring and honeymoon), then really I end up with a budget just under $19,000. But, you guys are smarter than that and you know that Kyle's money and my money isn't coming from two different places. It's all one big pot and that pot took a $22,000.00 hit when we decided to have a Disney wedding.

That being said, we both agree that it was the best $22,000.00 we've ever spent. In fact, there are a couple of additional things we would have splurged for, looking back, because it was such an amazing experience and we'll never be able to do it again. I won't tell you to break your budget if you really, really want your Disney wedding, because that's irresponsible. I'll just tell you that we aren't sorry at all that we broke ours. It was definitely worth it!

You can find more information about each aspect of the wedding and how we got it for that price here: http://budgetdisneywedding.blogspot.com/2009/05/cost-of-disney-wedding.html

0348.jpg

WOW!!! I'm so amazed at how you stayed very close to your budget & at Disney! I want my youngest to get married at Disney & for under $25000.00 you proved it can be done & you did a fabulous job!

Wraps for 5 Bridesmaids: $10.00

I'm curious though...wraps for bridesmaids? What exactly did your attendants wear? And great deal on the wedding dress, I just spent $1000.00 on my oldest's dress for this September & her budget is around 13000.00 for 150 guests.

Again you did a great job & you look so stunning, many blessings to you on your new journey with the one you love.

Thanks!

* Wraps for 5 Bridesmaids: $10.00

I'm curious though...wraps for bridesmaids? What exactly did your attendants wear?

Our attendants brought their own black dresses and black suits with white shirts. The Man of Honor and Best Man each had a blue/white striped tie and the other male attendants had white striped ties. The bridesmaids wore blue pashminas that I bought on eBay.

Here is a picture of me with the man of honor, bridesmaids, bridesmen, and flower girl (who wore her own dress):
0748.jpg

Carly your wedding and TR are one of my all time favs. I love that you post the honest to god totals and left nothing out. I'm sure it will help a ton of people :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter