52802008691_e8b624e540_z.jpg

52802433440_d8fe7b9396_z.jpg

52801449977_2d615d1f3a_z.jpg

52802403165_f2a7a48d02_z.jpg

52801471052_71f20209b9_z.jpg

52802460933_1baca01caa_z.jpg

giphy.gif

52802453163_534c478b99_z.jpg

***Coming up next: I offer you about 300 pictures of a baby gorilla as an apology for such a safari pic heavy post***

Love reading this! I almost feel as if I’m there! :-)
Thank you!! I think my favorite part about writing trip reports is going back and being able to relive our trips. Kinda makes not being at Disney ok
giphy.gif

Did we run you off? Lol
LOL!! Noooo you guys didn’t!! If I’m going to be completely honest, I’ve just been dealing with a case of the sadness lately so I’ve been a bit MIA. Can’t make funny jokes if I’m not feeling funny, ya know what I mean?​

Thank you!! I think my favorite part about writing trip reports is going back and being able to relive our trips. Kinda makes not being at Disney ok
giphy.gif

LOL!! Noooo you guys didn’t!! If I’m going to be completely honest, I’ve just been dealing with a case of the sadness lately so I’ve been a bit MIA. Can’t make funny jokes if I’m not feeling funny, ya know what I mean?​
I definitely know what you mean! Take your time, we won't give you a hard time! Hope it isn't anything too terribly serious for the sadness :(

Day 4, Part 4
January 25, 2023
"Here. Put Your Paint On There"

Go on a ride, get a snack, go on a ride, get a snack, go on a ride, get a snack.

We had just gone on a ride, so you know what time it was baby!

I wasn’t completely sure of what I was in the mood for so I flipped through my rusty, dusty, trusty Festival Passport and ultimately settled on the watermelon tataki from the Moderne booth.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Compressed Watermelon Tataki: “With pickled watermelon rind, yuzu pearls, watermelon foam, and wasabi.” $4.75.

The watermelon took a couple of minutes to come out and I thought it was a little odd when plates of soft-shell crab and scallops were whizzing on by one after the other but a plate of cut up watermelon was taking a bit. That is until I saw the Watermelon chef in action.

This man viewed his job as I imagine a Michelin Star chef would- he placed each slice of watermelon, each small yuzu pearl, and the dollop of wasabi with the utmost care. He even pulled a small whisk out of nearly thin air to create a perfect watermelon foam. This man poured his entire soul into this dish.

And it was pretty decent.

I saw a lot of people sum up the dish as more or less, a plate of watermelon. And it was. At its core, this was a plate of watermelon.

But there was something about the wasabi on the watermelon that tickled all of my tastebuds. I’ve never even thought to try that combo before and I’m really glad I did. The only thing I didn’t really care for was the pickled watermelon rind.

Mel decided to scoot herself over to the Craftsman’s Courtyard booth near the Creation’s Shop to try the beef wellington.

Beef Wellington: “Mushroom duxelles, prosciutto, and puff pastry with red wine demi-glace and baby vegetables.” $8.50.

She gave the dish about a 6.5/10. She thought the beef itself was pretty tasty but could do without the puff pastry, which is pretty shocking in and of itself since Mel loves a good crust.

Since we were near Club Cool we decided to pop in. The last couple of times we’ve been to Epcot, either Club Cool had a line out the door (back in October ‘21) or we just completely forgot about it (March ‘22) so we figured we might as well.

This was our first time bellying up to the soda dispensers since their reopen back in the fall of 2021 and we were about to make up for lost time.

Out of the 8 possible options, only 6 were available (shame on you, Madagascar and DR. Shame!) and we sampled all 6.

Mel thought Russia (Cucumber Sprite) was the best.

She was wrong.

The correct answer for best soda is: Philippines (Royal Wattamelon).

We both agreed that besides Beverly, the worst was China (Smart Sour Plum). I thought it tasted like BBQ sauce.

2048343 sips of soda later, Mel and I decided to wrap up our time at Epcot with a grand and miraculous travel through time and space on good ol’ Spaceship Earth.

Mel had booked a DAS reservation a little bit earlier but it wasn’t needed since the line was a walk-on.

We opted for separate rows for optimal stretching room. The best way to ride.

Almost as flattering as a passport photo

Once our time machine was finished rotating backward in preparation for our return to Earth, Mel bid her ECV a bon voyage, returned her useless key, and was given back her kidney she had to leave behind as collateral.

While she was taking care of all of that, Epcot gave me a soft little forehead kiss goodbye and started one of the Spaceship Earth Light Shows to send me off. A true treat.

Mel ordered us a Lyft to whisk us away to our next destination, Disney Springs. The Lyft ride was fairly uneventful- which is, I suppose, what you should want from a Lyft or Uber ride- and we were fluttering away towards the Disney Springs security line about 15 minutes later.

“See you in a few minutes,” Mel bid me adieu as I sauntered through the security line. As per usual, Mel was then pulled aside for her usual water-boarding and interrogation.

Regaining her freedom a few moments later, Mel and I set off to find the Disney Springs ECV rental, which they hide back by the resort buses. Mel and I do not use the resort buses, so we were not aware of this and it took us AGES to find this small shop.

The directions on the My Experience App weren’t super clear. But I’m literally looking at the map on the ME app right now, and it’s pretty obvious where the ECV rental is. So let me rephrase this: The directions on the My Experience App weren’t making sense to Mel and I. We even split up for a little bit to see if one of us could find it and call the other over.

Eventually, Mel did find the rental shack and we were quickly off at top speeds of 3.2 mph.

Our first order of business was similar to most everyone’s first order of business. Get a spot on line for Gideon’s.

We were expecting long, long lines but were pleasantly surprised when we discovered that not only was Gideon’s henchmen not using a virtual line, but they stated the wait would be only about 25 minutes.

Surely, these gremlins were lying.

There was no way there would only be a 25 minute wait on this night. This perfect cookie weather night.

I assume all nights are perfect cookie weather, but I digress.

The gargoyles were slightly off with their timing- Mel and I had to wait a ghastly 28 minutes instead of the aforementioned 25 but soon we found ourselves groveling at the feet of Gideon himself as he allowed his henchmen to open the doors to his cookie dungeon.

We once more kept our whits with us and only ordered a couple of things. A peanut butter cold brew and cookie butter cookie for me, and 2 cookies and cream cookies and a cookie butter cookie for Mel.

Everything was $6 each for a grand total of $31.95.

I have said cookie so many times just now that it no longer seems like a real word.

Baked treats and coffee in hand, we thanked Master Gideon for his hospitality and high tailed it out of there.

At top speeds of 2.8 mph.

We had an 8:45 reservation at Raglan Road for dinner and decided to see if we could check in a little bit early. They let us but said we probably wouldn’t be seated until closer to our reservation time.

Steven isn’t going to like that, not one bit.

Mel and I walked around the gift shop for a couple of minutes before we spent the rest of our time waiting, sitting outside on a planter ledge. As usual.

Around 8:30, I received our table ready text and we bulldozed our way through the crowd back to Raglan Road.

I had read, literally that morning, that today was Irish Coffee Day and Raglan Road was celebrating by giving out “free” Irish Coffee.

Aka you buy a $5 coffee, and they pour in a shot of Irish Whiskey for free.

Great, we’ll take 2.

Mel opted to pair her Irish Coffee with Shepherd's Pie sans cheese, while I, on the other hand, decided on the Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do.

Irish Coffee: I can’t find a basic Irish Coffee on the menu, but I’m guessing it’s just a shot of Jamo in coffee. $5

Shepherd’s to Die for Pie: “Braised and pulled beef and lamb with root vegetables in a rich red wine jus with Irish peat smoked mashed potato.” $27.50

Gnocchi Sea Gnocchi Do: “Handmade potato gnocchi, seared Foley's Georges Bank scallops, crispy pork belly, tomatoes, and kale in a white wine butter sauce.” $33

Oh also, we got some Irish Soda bread and a Guinness/Olive Oil dipping sauce to start. I wasn’t a fan of either.

]

Both Mel and I thought our meals were absolutely fantastic. Mel is a pretty big Shepherd’s Pie fan (see, mashed potatoes), and she said this one ranked pretty high up on her list.

I thought the gnocchi dish was delicious- much better than the poutine I had earlier. The gnocchi were exactly like what I was expecting (lookin’ at you poutine)- soft, chewy, pillowy even. The scallops were buttery and cooked perfectly. Everything worked so incredibly well together. Well, except the tomatoes. I didn’t even touch those.

I did, however, find out that I’m not a fan of Irish Coffee, so there’s that. I took a single sip and instantly slid it across the table to Mel. I also knew it was Irish Coffee day, informed Mel it was Irish Coffee day, but at some point I started telling people back home it was Irish Whiskey day. So that explains the caption in that one photo, lol.

Mel loved hers.

Properly stuffed, we rolled ourselves out of the restaurant and began the long trek back to the ECV rental to return Mel’s noble steed.

And guess what happened next?

You’ll never guess.

Mel and I actually waddled on over to the bus stop and decided to give the resort buses another shot.

Who were we and what did we do with our former selves?

We probably left them with the MK ECV.

It took the bus about 10 minutes to finally decide to show up and we were back at the Grandstand 20 minutes later.

We didn’t really have a bad time with the bus. There was plenty of space so we got seats and they kept the A/C to a nearly manageable level. But it didn’t really change our mind about not using them in the future.

We just aren’t “bus” people.

We are “getting serenaded by Orlando locals for $10” people.

Shortly after getting back to the room, I plopped my next bath bomb into the tub and treated myself to my nightly foot soak.

Stress Relief: “Blue freesia, clementine, and violet petals.” $6.99

Mel on the other hand?

giphy.gif

A shower and icy hot slathering later, I was hitting the hay by 11:30.

***Coming up: The Jungle Cruise and Safari are not the same thing***

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I’m sorry!

Sometimes, we just get down. I imagine you’re well aware that you are a talented writer, an apparently hilarious and awesome friend, and skilled makeup artist, but none of that has been sufficient enough yet to bounce you back into a joke-worthy mindset.

I hope you can enjoy a bath bomb, maybe reading or watching something funny or pleasant, and some chill time! Sending you care and smiles! :-)

"LOL!! Noooo you guys didn’t!! If I’m going to be completely honest, I’ve just been dealing with a case of the sadness lately so I’ve been a bit MIA. Can’t make funny jokes if I’m not feeling funny, ya know what I mean?"
Yup I definitely hear you there I've had plenty of days like that no worries.

I like reading your TR. you have an adorably sarcastic entertaining storytelling style. I’m wondering about the titles, what do they mean? I always thought it was just a title describing the day but it sounds more like an inside joke? I don’t know, English is not my native tongue. How do you manage to remember all those details? Do you write everything down as you do it, or do you do it at the end of the night? What’s the process? I have read up to to your first day and I’m looking forward to reading more.

I definitely know what you mean! Take your time, we won't give you a hard time! Hope it isn't anything too terribly serious for the sadness :(
Thank you! I really appreciate your kind words. It's nothing too too serious, just one of those things where the hits keep on comin'. But I'm alright!
I’m sorry!

Sometimes, we just get down. I imagine you’re well aware that you are a talented writer, an apparently hilarious and awesome friend, and skilled makeup artist, but none of that has been sufficient enough yet to bounce you back into a joke-worthy mindset.

I hope you can enjoy a bath bomb, maybe reading or watching something funny or pleasant, and some chill time! Sending you care and smiles! :-)
giphy.gif
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Honestly, your words really touched me and I just want to thank you for that.
Thanks-and, about feeling down, I’m sorry. 🥰
:love:
"LOL!! Noooo you guys didn’t!! If I’m going to be completely honest, I’ve just been dealing with a case of the sadness lately so I’ve been a bit MIA. Can’t make funny jokes if I’m not feeling funny, ya know what I mean?"
Yup I definitely hear you there I've had plenty of days like that no worries.
Life isn't always sunshine and rainbows- sometimes it's thunderstorms. Just gotta remember that sunshine and rainbows still exist after the thunderstorms.

Just popping in to say I hope things have improved!
Thanks for checking in! Yes and no- somethings are better, somethings aren't quite. But they will be!
"Just popping in to say I hope things have improved!"
Same here hope all is well.
I appreciate you checking in on me!
I like reading your TR. you have an adorably sarcastic entertaining storytelling style. I’m wondering about the titles, what do they mean? I always thought it was just a title describing the day but it sounds more like an inside joke? I don’t know, English is not my native tongue. How do you manage to remember all those details? Do you write everything down as you do it, or do you do it at the end of the night? What’s the process? I have read up to to your first day and I’m looking forward to reading more.
Thank you!! I've always considered myself a bit of a storyteller so most of how I type is how I talk in real life- so it comes pretty natural to me. I also find myself to be hilarious lol. As Mel said to me recently about the trip reports, "I'm just out there trying to survive in Disney and you're creating a whole comedy show in your head as we go."

I was actually wondering if this was ever going to be asked, since I've done it in my other trip reports but the titles describing the day ARE in fact inside jokes. Sorta. They're quotes that one of us said sometime during that day. I just jot them down in the notes app in my phone.

I have a pretty decent memory so some of the small details I just remember as I go, but I take a LOT of pictures and use them as time stamps and I also take a LOT of notes. I take them as I go because I type fast. I know a lot of people think it takes away from living in the moment but to be honest, it takes me only seconds to type a lot of things down.
52987663329_3873e65ca9_c.jpg

That's how my notes look- granted it's only a fraction of a day- but I just clickity clack them out as I go. And sometimes Mel will fill me in if something is DAS/LL/etc or little side commentary I missed.

Me too! I’ve been in a funk myself lately. Sending smiles 🤗
Sending smiles right back to you! I hope that funky feeling lifts itself from you soon!

Hey hi hello.

I'm sorry for my sudden disappearance but I just want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart who reached out to me, checked in on me, and if I even just crossed your mind at all. It really, truly warmed my heart and made me feel like I mattered. As I said a little earlier, I've been going through a few emotional roller coasters that I've been dealing with off the boards (and with NO HELP from the Disco Yeti). But at the end of the day, I've been ok. I just have to keep reminding myself that when it rains, it pours. But it can't rain forever.

Since my last update, a few things have happened.

I had a birthday. A 32nd birthday, at that. It was filled with oysters, jellyfish tanks, the beach, Gordon Ramsey's Steak in Atlantic City, and seeing Mel.

52986903192_b103047bc1_c.jpg

I got a few new tattoos.

52987877640_3f1747033f_c.jpg

52987879620_ece9f1b8a5_c.jpg

52987504686_cc9b0ec03e_c.jpg

I went to my favorite zoo and spent a lot of time hiking.

52987648699_2f845bda13_c.jpg

52987877975_f7c94784cd_c.jpg

52987507601_bb7ced9485_c.jpg

The sky turned orange.

52987507136_f42bc1f66d_c.jpg

And I became sheriff of Wild West City.

52987507391_c7aede4426_c.jpg

52987886605_d857090f4a_c.jpg

I do plan on posting an actual update soon and getting back into the swing of trip reports since I honestly have missed you all- and tbh I've missed writing this trip report. I still have so many jokes to tell!

Thank you for sticking around.

I'm sorry for my sudden disappearance but I just want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart who reached out to me, checked in on me, and if I even just crossed your mind at all.

Welcome back! I actually just the other day had to come look and see if I missed a notification on your TR. I'm glad you're feeling better.

I had a birthday. A 32nd birthday, at that.

Happy Birthday!!

The sky turned orange.

We had a bit of that here in CT as well, without the orange sky. I'm so glad it's cleared up!

Looking forward to reading more about your trip!

I love your TRs. Awesome and always make me laugh!
Take care of yourself and we will all be reading when you return!
Thanks for clearing up your title for each day. I always wondered if I missed something. :rotfl:
Thank goodness I’m not losing my marbles, yet!

Just found your trip report yesterday and finished reading it up to this point this morning. Thanks for taking the time to share your trip! I have really enjoyed reading and will be looking forward to future updates! Take care--Diane

So happy to see you back and feeling better!!

Loved your real life update-the pic of Mel had me giggling! You guys are so fun!!

Happy belated birthday-32 is going to be a great year for you 💜

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter