The Trip With An Abundance of Steven, A WDW Jan '23 TR ***Completed 8/8***

Aw, I am sad to see your report come to an end! Thank you for entertaining us all with your antics. Can’t wait for Mel and your next trip! 🙂
Ending the report was so bittersweet! This is the first time I didn't end one report and go right into writing another.
giphy.gif

It's never a dull moment with Mel and I- everywhere we go we somehow manage to have fun and create memories. And have absolutely bonkers things happen to us!

I loved reading along! Thank you for the good laughs along the way and most importantly a fun filled Disney vacation. I do love ❤️ those!
Thank you for reading and appreciating my sense of humor! I make myself laugh all the time, so it's nice to know that there were others laughing along with me!
I’ve always enjoyed your reports from this fellow South Jersey girl. Hilarious as always! Can’t wait to read your next one!
Thank you, my fellow Jersey girl!
giphy.gif

As always, the end of the trip fills me with slight sense of melancholy. As I sit here and plan out my trip, I look at the last day and am filled with an intense sense of sadness. For something that isn't even real yet. And then the cars behind me start honking since I've been blocking traffic for apparently two hours and I'M the bad guy, I guess. 🙄🙄

At any rate, I enjoyed being allowed to tag along on your adventures and the experiences contained here within. Lots of fun and glad you had a great time, weird Lyft encounters aside.

Thank you again!
HAHA! Tell the cars behind you to get a Lightning Lane next time if they've somewhere oh so important to be- you've got mourning to do!

Thank you for tagging along with Mel and I during our adventures. It's always fun to talk to other people who get the Disney Love.

I'm a pretty avid Uber user on the weekends and I have never- and I mean never- had such weirdo rideshare encounters as I do in WDW. And I've relied solely on Uber for almost a week in Vegas. The only thing I can think is that I use Uber and Mel uses Lyft (which is why we were using Lyft this trip- Mel was the one booking the rides), and Orlando keeps all the questionable drivers to Lyft.
Awww darn its almost as bad as when you actually have to leave Disney on your own. Great trip report and looking forward to the next one for you and Mel. My wife and I along with my parents will be there the first week of October so I have something to look forward to.

Thank you again for the excellent trip.
Ah! I hope you have a great trip! Try the Pickle Milkshake for me from F&W please! It's the MAIN thing I would want from the festival and I'm a bit devastated that I won't be having it. Even though I am lactose intolerant- minor details, I say.
giphy.gif

Thank YOU for reading!

I loved your report, thanks for sharing! Your dad at the end, too cute!!
Thank you for reading! LOL! My dad is super predictable. The man has never been late to anything a day in his life, so I knew he would already be waiting for us by baggage claim when we got off the escalator. I literally had my phone out and ready to take his picture the minute we got on.

Fantastic report! Love your writing style and all the memes. Gotta love poor Guillermo! 😂 Hope you can finagle another trip soon!
Thank you! I honestly have to reel myself back in when it comes to the memes- I could fill up an entire update with just memes and still be sad that I ran out of upload room.

I love What We Do In The Shadows so much! I literally got Hulu back in the day solely for it!

Fingers crossed about another trip soon- I'm all ready for it, Mel just needs to get bit by the Disbug soon.

Loved your report!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!! I love the adventures of you and Mel!!!
Thank you! I love our adventures too! Mel and I have always found ourselves in weird situations and unusual circumstances but have always managed to find the laugh in the whole thing. I remember back when we were seniors in college, we took a Stage course together where you had to help build the stage set for one of our universities plays and our instructor turned to us one day and said, "Why do you do the things that you do?!" Our reaction was literally, "Because it makes us laugh." That's kind of been how we both mutually deal with life since- we just make ourselves laugh through everything.
Loved your trip report! You have a great writing style. You are lucky to have such a great travel buddy.
Thank you! 14-year-old me who wrote a LOT of Good Charlotte fan fiction back in the day is very happy to hear my writing has GREATLY improved, lol.
Mel is literally the best travel buddy!

I love a last day QS breakfast at WDW!
It's then only time Mel and I ever have QS breakfast for some reason!
I always go for the easiest to carry, least messy snack to bring on the plane. You girls apparently like to live dangerously!
giphy.gif

Some people take up chain smoking- Mel and I eat greasy Chinese food on a plane.

I hope you get back soon so you can write another TR
Me too, me too. Fingers crossed.
It's been great fun! Best wishes to you and Mel.
Thank you my friend!
I don't think I ever commented, but I really enjoyed your trip report. Thank you for sharing it with us!

That's a classic dad move - that's the same thing I do when picking up my wife or daughter at the airport.
Thank you for reading! LOL! It really is a classic Dad move! At the end of the world, there will be twinkies, taxes, and my dad waiting 45 minutes early at the airport.

Has Mel ever considered flying out of Philly and meeting you at MCO? I know that ride home from north jersey can be a PIA depending on traffic and rush hour.
Yes and no actually lol. I used to go down to Philly and we would fly out of the Philly airport but eventually it became Mel coming up to me and us flying out of Newark and then La Guardia. We've tossed around the idea of flying separately before but it's never gotten off the planning room floor. I think we both just feel more comfortable traveling together at the end of the day.
Thanks for sharing your trip again. I love reading them :)
Looking forward to the next one.
Thank you, thank you! I too am looking forward to the next one! Fingers crossed it's here sooner than you think!

I've loved reading your report! Your humor makes the trip reports extra enjoyable! When you start another trip report (whenever that may be), will you post a link on this report?

I've loved reading your report! Your humor makes the trip reports extra enjoyable! When you start another trip report (whenever that may be), will you post a link on this report?
Thank you! I'm glad there are people out there that find me as funny as I find me. It's tough out here being my own biggest fan, lol.
giphy.gif

I can absolutely try to remember to post a link to my next trip report!

I totally get it. NO ONE finds me as funny as I find myself. Probably didn't help when I started my own fan club either. The decoder ring was not as big a hit as I thought it might be, nor was the first message.

The first message: "Humor is a subjective concept. Different types appeal to different people. There is no universal humor that all people will enjoy or find funny. You can try but will probably fail. It's a thankless job sometimes but you end up doing it more for the joy of humor than actually for the laughs. And if you don't find me funny, you're just a giant poopyhead. Also, make sure to drink your Ovaltine...or whatever."

It was decided this came across as a little combative and bit more existential than it needed to be. Also, possibly too long and we probably didn't have the rights to use a product name or associated IP. And it didn't test well with the 7 -10 year old demographic.

All that to say...Keep up the great work!

Just wanted to say thank you for such a fun report and for a tip I used on my recent solo trip: buying the bath bombs on day 1 and using them each night -- BRILLIANT!! I didn't have the sweet tub your room did, but I looked forward to that soak every night, no matter how late it was. It's now a hard and fast rule for all future trips!

I totally get it. NO ONE finds me as funny as I find myself. Probably didn't help when I started my own fan club either. The decoder ring was not as big a hit as I thought it might be, nor was the first message.
I usually go with code names and custom made varsity jackets for my own solo fan club but the decoder ring is a nice touch. Classy, yet sassy.
giphy.gif
Just wanted to say thank you for such a fun report and for a tip I used on my recent solo trip: buying the bath bombs on day 1 and using them each night -- BRILLIANT!! I didn't have the sweet tub your room did, but I looked forward to that soak every night, no matter how late it was. It's now a hard and fast rule for all future trips!
Ahhh, I'm glad you liked my little bath bomb trick! It's really a total game changer- that and icy hot every night. It really is such a nice way to unwind and end the night with a little self care. I hope you didn't get the weird alien inside surprise bath bomb from Basin. I'm still recovering from the shock of his gross little alien hair sticking out of the bath bomb.
giphy.gif

Just wanted to say I binged your TR overnight. Loved it! And you helped me make some very wise decisions about our ADRs. A+ from this Mother Daughter Duo. 👍🏻🫶🏻✌🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter