• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The ultimate split-stay thread

Love split stays-doing another one for upcoming trip with 2 new to us resorts: CSR and SSR. Moving is definitely easier with a car but not a necessity. Will likely be trying the bell services moving luggage route this trip (DD will probably be using her car to get checked in to DCP).

Okay, ADR reservation question that has probably been asked and answered before: I have a split stay and the first stay is for 8 days. So, I'll only be able to book ADRs for 180+8 days, is that correct? Or will I be able to book out to the full 180+10? I'm asking because I'm trying to schedule CRT on my 180+10 date, exactly, and it would certainly help if I could reserve it in the first ADR go-around.

Thanks!

Okay, ADR reservation question that has probably been asked and answered before: I have a split stay and the first stay is for 8 days. So, I'll only be able to book ADRs for 180+8 days, is that correct? Or will I be able to book out to the full 180+10? I'm asking because I'm trying to schedule CRT on my 180+10 date, exactly, and it would certainly help if I could reserve it in the first ADR go-around.

Thanks!
I would call the dining line to book that and explain the situation. Hopefully they let you book it at the 180+10! The website is so glitchy

I booked a runDisney package staying at Pop Nov 3 to 6.
I then booked my flights, but, avaibility made it so that I will be arriving Nov 2.
I hesitate between modifying my reservation and doing a split stay. I would love to try a Moderate but right now the price is double (I have stayed at Deluxe for less in the past!).
Do you recommend that I
1) Just extend my stay at Pop
2) Book 1 night at one of the AS
3) Book 1 night at one of the AS with the plan of changing that to a Mod if they become available for cheap... And where would you get such a deal besides Disney Room Only Discounts if there is one?

Edited to confirm that I went with option 1. The split stay adventure will be another time!

Last edited:
Hi all!

I'm confused.

I have a split stay coming up in September: 4 nights at YC (with tickets and DDP) followed by 2 nights (RO) at AKL. Am I going to be able to use my dining plan credits until midnight on my last day at the YC, or will they expire when I check in to the AKL? If it is the latter, should I not do online check-in for AKL so that I can check in as late as possible?

I am sure this question has been answered before but I have seen conflicting information about this.

Thanks for your help!

Hi all!

I'm confused.

I have a split stay coming up in September: 4 nights at YC (with tickets and DDP) followed by 2 nights (RO) at AKL. Am I going to be able to use my dining plan credits until midnight on my last day at the YC, or will they expire when I check in to the AKL? If it is the latter, should I not do online check-in for AKL so that I can check in as late as possible?

I am sure this question has been answered before but I have seen conflicting information about this.

Thanks for your help!

You will be able to use your dining credits until midnight of the day you check out of YC even after you check in to AKL.

Thanks!

It's two separate ADR dates. I called and tried online and they wouldn't let me.

Okay. I think I am in the right place for my question/scenerio.

I check into the Contemporary on October 28th for a one night stay. The next day I check into BLT for 5 nights with the dining plan.

I have a breakfast reservation on the morning of the 29th at 855am and I want to pay with the DDP.

I assume I will have to check out of the Contemporary and then check into BLT to be able to activate the dining plan. Is this correct?

I had wanted to check out/check in after breakfast and use the pool/rent a cabana until my room at BLT is ready.

Any insight??

I love split Stays!!!! My trip this year consists of 3 nights at Springhill Suites Sea World to do SW. Then off to POFQ for 8 nights, then AKL for 3 nights, next is ASMo for 5 nights and Lastly 3 nights at Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal to do those parks. :love::love:

I love split Stays!!!! My trip this year consists of 3 nights at Springhill Suites Sea World to do SW. Then off to POFQ for 8 nights, then AKL for 3 nights, next is ASMo for 5 nights and Lastly 3 nights at Sapphire Falls Resort at Universal to do those parks. :love::love:
That sounds FUN!
We did something crazy like that in 2015: 3 nights CBR, 3 nights BC, 7 nights Marriott Sabal palms -with an overnight at RPR at Uni to get the EP for 2 days. Although we only had 2 weeks

That's nuts!

...and I love it!! :thumbsup2

doing our first split-stay this Oct-Nov...been to WDW three previous times, but as this is our 20th anniversary trip, we wanted to upgrade from our Moderate resort stays...and DW had racked up some Starwood points (in addition to the reward points we have gotten on our Disney Chase Visa).

We start with POFQ as DW has always wanted to stay there, but for the previous trips, it was not included in any Free Dining discounts. We booked it before any discounts but have since received 20% off the stay.

We had 3 nights there then we move to the Dolphin for 3 nights...but that was when we planned to drive, after looking at flights, we got better deals arriving a day early and staying a day later...so 4 nights at POFQ and 3 at Dolphin...then one night at POP (so we can get on the Magic Express back to the airport). We fly out so early it would be a waste to do anything much more expensive, since there will be no time to make use of resort features.

Kind of excited, but also nervous about three rooms in 8 days.

I'm doing my 2nd split stay this August....it will be my mom's 1st. 1st 4 nights at The Grand Floridian and then 2 nights at All Star Sports. Originally we were just going for 4 nights and staying at GF, but I couldn't find a good flight back and I got All Star Sports for $70 a night on an AP rate.

My husband and I are doing our first split stay in February for our 20 year anniversary. 4 nights BC with DLXD and then 4 nights AKL CL. I am so excited. Thanks to everyone here for the great advice.

Apolgizes if this has been answered elsewhere... but will I receive two sets of Magic Bands since I've got two resort reservations? Can/should I turn down the second set?

Apolgizes if this has been answered elsewhere... but will I receive two sets of Magic Bands since I've got two resort reservations? Can/should I turn down the second set?
Yes you will get a set with each resort reservation. It is up to you if you want to decline any as all the bands are "clones" of each other if on same MDE person, and all should (*should) work the same. We like to collect all the colors to coordinate with clothes though LOL

Good info! For me I know a lot of people are preferring to get the nicer hotel as the second hotel but I'm doing the opposite. We are thinking of doing Poly and Coronado. We're going to do Poly first because the day we land we aren't doing the parks and are just going to be hanging out around the hotel. We are doing that because for us we usually just sleep and get ready at the hotel but this time we want to get our moneys worth since the Poly is so expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter