The ultimate split-stay thread

Hello there~ so I had posted a split stay question and someone sent me here...
My number one question: If I am going from one resort to my next resort and not planning on going to a park (just swimming at the new resort) Do I still have to take a bus from my check-out resort to a park then to my new resort???

Hello there~ so I had posted a split stay question and someone sent me here...
My number one question: If I am going from one resort to my next resort and not planning on going to a park (just swimming at the new resort) Do I still have to take a bus from my check-out resort to a park then to my new resort???

Probably, it depends on which two resorts. There aren't any direct resort to resort buses. But, there can be alternate options, for example, there is a boat between the Contemporary and WL and the monorail between the MK resorts. Which resorts are you considering?

We always take a taxi and never bother with the buses. We plan to take a taxi with our luggage and have Bell Services at our new hotel hang onto it until we return to our (ready) room. We have found it to be the easiest option.

Thank you for making this thread, lots and lots of great information for anyone who has not yet done a split stay. Our family loves split stays because it allows us to try new resorts while going back to the resorts that we love going back to. Also since we are DVC members, it helps us save on points because we usually do 3 nights in a non DVC resort and then move over to a DVC resort for the rest of our stay.

In April DD13, DD11, and I will be taking our first ever girls trip during their Spring Break....I know Yikes :scared1:. I first booked 4 nights at POFQ (not using DVC points for this trip) and then I decided to add one more night on the front end...we are now arriving on Easter Day. I was going to add onto POFQ, but then decided mind as well try one night at a moderate that we have never been to, so low and behold we are spending our first night at CBR and then moving over to POFQ the next day. On our arrival day, I do not plan on going to any parks, but instead relax and enjoy the pool. We may even take a bus ride over to DTD to get EoS for dinner, but that is yet TBD. I am so excited to be doing another split stay, and the best part is my girls have no idea I have added onto our reservation (they still think we are leaving the day after Easter). Now I have to figure out how to surprise them, which will be on the day we leave :goodvibes.

Probably, it depends on which two resorts. There aren't any direct resort to resort buses. But, there can be alternate options, for example, there is a boat between the Contemporary and WL and the monorail between the MK resorts. Which resorts are you considering?

We always take a taxi and never bother with the buses. We plan to take a taxi with our luggage and have Bell Services at our new hotel hang onto it until we return to our (ready) room. We have found it to be the easiest option.

I wish it was an easy transfer... We are going from ASSp to Beach Club. I'm thinking taxi will likely be the best bet! Thank you

I wish it was an easy transfer... We are going from ASSp to Beach Club. I'm thinking taxi will likely be the best bet! Thank you

Your best bet with that particular transfer (other than the taxi, of course) is to take the bus to DHS and walk to BC. It is about a 15 minute walk.

How does magical express work when doing a split stay?

I've never had any problems with ME. You will be transported to the first hotel and then get your ME notice the day before you check out at the last hotel. Did you give your TA or the Disney agent your information about your flights? If you didn't give your departure information to you last hotel, you can always do it at check in or at anytime during your stay and they'll take care of arranging it for you.

You should be fine. Guests can pick up park tickets up to three days before a package begins. You will need to go to a Guest Services counter at a park or at Downtown Disney on your ASM day to have them activate your tickets on your MB.

I am glad that I found this thread! Today I was able to get BCV, but only Saturday-Tuesday of my dates, so I am going to have to make an RO somewhere else (probably AS) for the first night there and I was wondering about this.

If I have the dining plan, will I be able to access that as well if I get the tickets activated or will that have to wait until I check in to BCV on Saturday?

I am glad that I found this thread! Today I was able to get BCV, but only Saturday-Tuesday of my dates, so I am going to have to make an RO somewhere else (probably AS) for the first night there and I was wondering about this.

If I have the dining plan, will I be able to access that as well if I get the tickets activated or will that have to wait until I check in to BCV on Saturday?

The dining plan is tied to your resort reservation, so yes, you'll have to wait until you check in at BCV. :)

Just finished my last online check-in of the five resorts (POR, YC, AKL, WL & CBR) we're going to visit (one night each except for CBR because we'll spend a day in the parks before we leave) on the 3rd week of November.

The restaurant reservations are booked. The FP+ are booked...

Now 56 days to go... Can't wait!!! :yay:

Just finished my last online check-in of the five resorts (POR, YC, AKL, WL & CBR) we're going to visit (one night each except for CBR because we'll spend a day in the parks before we leave) on the 3rd week of November.

The restaurant reservations are booked. The FP+ are booked...

Now 56 days to go... Can't wait!!! :yay:

We have AoA, AKL, GF & BC booked for November. Online check in starts today, so we'll miss your trip by a hair. Have a great time! :goodvibes

49 days until we check in at CSR and 51 until AKV Kidani!! It's our first split stay. I am excited to try two new resorts! We are two adults, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Can I make a myw package with dining plan with only 2 night stay? Was thinking of doing 2 nights BWI, 2 or 3 nights AKV , then 3 at poly:-) Thanks!

Can I make a myw package with dining plan with only 2 night stay? Was thinking of doing 2 nights BWI, 2 or 3 nights AKV , then 3 at poly:-) Thanks!

Yes, you can. In December 2012 we booked 2 nights at ALK - 1 theme park (hopper) day with DDDP.

The only downside is that booking more than 4 park days can make you save money (which won't happen if you book 2 separate packages) ...

How many park days were you planning for that trip?

Yes, you can. In December 2012 we booked 2 nights at ALK - 1 theme park (hopper) day with DDDP. The only downside is that booking more than 4 park days can make you save money (which won't happen if you book 2 separate packages) ... How many park days were you planning for that trip?
That is great to hear. I think we will just put all of our tickets on the package at BWI , and not have the dining plan for the other 2 hotels. Thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter