The Unofficial STROLLER Thread

_queenie_

Disney: Where dreams become reality, if you have t
I see people have been complaining about the numerous and repeated stoller questions, so I though it might be a good idea to have one thread where everyone can post their questions and concerns.

Hope this works! :goodvibes

We are looking into the Joovy Caboose ultralight (it's a sit and stand) I would love to hear people's thoughts on it if there are any.

If you're familiar with "John and Kate + 8" on TLC, they used some Disney strollers that I believe were doubles and kept commenting on how effortless they were to push. They were so impressed that they wanted to buy the same strollers for back home. They were blue if I remember correctly.

If you're familiar with "John and Kate + 8" on TLC, they used some Disney strollers that I believe were doubles and kept commenting on how effortless they were to push. They were so impressed that they wanted to buy the same strollers for back home. They were blue if I remember correctly.

The issue with these is Disney just raised the rental price from $18/day to $27/day for a length of stay rental. Many people don't want to pay that much for a rental so they are bringing ones from home.

I paid $8/day when we were there last year for a single. Now I'm looking at bringing an umbrella stroller with me because I think $13/day for a single stroller is far too much.

Does anyone have pictures of the strollers (preferably double)? I just can't believe $27/day for length of stay...that seems WAY overpriced. My kids will be 3 & 5 when we go, but my older one has autism and sometimes needs a place to get away and my little one can't walk as far or as fast.

Just wanted to avoid lugging around a double stroller.
:scared:

Does anyone have pictures of the strollers (preferably double)? I just can't believe $27/day for length of stay...that seems WAY overpriced. My kids will be 3 & 5 when we go, but my older one has autism and sometimes needs a place to get away and my little one can't walk as far or as fast.

Here's the double stroller:

mk_stro2.jpg

And here's the single:

mk_stro1.jpg

They are the same basic design at all 4 parks. I think AK used to have different ones, but now they are all the same, except for color. They're blue at MK and HS, tan at AK, and purple (I think) at Epcot.

pddmom,

You might want to look into taking two umbrella strollers and buying stroller clips. You can clip two umbrella strollers together to use as a double. That can be lighter weight than a standard double stroller. I've never used them, but lots of people have been raving about them here. Do a search and you can probably find a thread or two on them.

Any suggestions for a budget stroller? I had a lightweight Evenflo that lasted 6 years. Last year I replaced it with a Chicco that cost me $70. It is already raggedy. The footrest broke off last week at WDW and the fabric is torn. I have a dd3 and don't want to spend a lot because we don't use the stroller a lot.

I need an inexpensive stroller for our trip as well. My youngest is 3 and I am sure with all the walking my 7 year old will be tired of walking by the end of the day. What inexpensive strollers do you all suggest?

I know they are expensive...but the Phil & Teds Sports Buggy double stroller is GREAT. The 2nd child rides "under" - so easy to push and maneuver around. We got the single Phil & Teds and the place we bought it from gave us the double attachment free. I use it with my girlfriends son when we go shopping! You may be able to find one on ebay for cheaper....they just came out with a new 2008 version, so they older ones may be a lot cheaper. Here is a pic....

DSC04352.jpg

Here's a question:
I have an 18 month old and 3 year old. Should I do 2 maclaren volos, a volo and something like triumph or quest, or a twin stroller? I will also use it for everyday at home when I go out.

Not a fan of the P & T concept. Just looks "wrong" to me. Yes I know the push is fab. :)

18m and 3 yo. 2 singles would probably be better.

Inexpensive stroller? You can get the Maclaren Volo or Graco Ipo for about $80 and they both hold 55lbs so good for older kids who may not usually need a stroller.

I splurged a bit and just ordered a Zooper Twist. Eventually will be for our dd but got it for our Disney trip in August for our 3 yo.

If you're familiar with "John and Kate + 8" on TLC, they used some Disney strollers that I believe were doubles and kept commenting on how effortless they were to push. They were so impressed that they wanted to buy the same strollers for back home.

Yeah, but they are comparing to a SIX seater Berg Runabout that has to go on a trailer hitch on the back of their van and two specially-made Chicco triple side-by-sides that aren't available commercially. A Mack Truck would probably seem easy to push compared to those!

Just got our quest in the mail yesterday and it is FABULOUS! Pushes like a dream, and spins on a dime. We ordered it from a fantastic sale at albee. It is pink, so if we ever have another and it is a boy, that could be an issue, but that is so many ifs I couldn't pass up the price, I will just have to deal with that if it ever happens. The color wasn't nearly as loud in person as it looks in the picture if anyone else is on the fence about it. I think it was called pink fleur or something like that. We were trying to decide between it and the peg aria.

I DID order a cup holder that matches well and seems great and the replacement tray from baby trend. The basket is much bigger than I expected.

Just got our quest in the mail yesterday and it is FABULOUS! Pushes like a dream, and spins on a dime. We ordered it from a fantastic sale at albee. It is pink, so if we ever have another and it is a boy, that could be an issue, but that is so many ifs I couldn't pass up the price, I will just have to deal with that if it ever happens.

For future reference, you can switch the skins (fabric) on the stroller. Just know what year stroller you have, and you could always buy a new set in a different color or pattern. Most years are interchangeable. Great for reviving those well loved (and used) Macs!

Different stroller question...

I was reading the rummage sale ads tonight, and noticed that someone has a double Peg Perego stroller in their sale. I plan on going to take a look at it tomorrow, but any clue how much I should expect to pay for it? Let's assume its in gently used condition...not totally trashed. The rummage sale pricing in my town can sometimes be way out of whack.

For future reference, you can switch the skins (fabric) on the stroller. Just know what year stroller you have, and you could always buy a new set in a different color or pattern. Most years are interchangeable. Great for reviving those well loved (and used) Macs!

Thanks for that info, that might come in handy someday...I tried googling it and couldn't find anything...would it be something to get from maclaren by contacting them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter