The UP Characters

They were in the Hollywood Studios - Magic of Disney Animation meet and greet area during our visit in January.

They were in the Hollywood Studios - Magic of Disney Animation meet and greet area during our visit in January.

This is where they were during our trip last week. We skipped them since the kids have no clue who they are and DH and I couldn't remember their names. :rolleyes1

I just read on the Rumors board that they would be at Hollywood Studios until sometime in May then they would be moving to Animal Kingdom. Not sure if it is true or not????

I just read on the Rumors board that they would be at Hollywood Studios until sometime in May then they would be moving to Animal Kingdom. Not sure if it is true or not????

I heard this as well...

And the Toy Story characters will be taking over the spotlight at the Animation Building.

I heard this as well...

And the Toy Story characters will be taking over the spotlight at the Animation Building.

This part has been confirmed, but the AK part hasn't. I hope so. The UP! charecters were a hoot and my kids are gonna disown me if they are gone when we get back (only DH and I have met them).

The UP characters will move on May 9 to the AK. Toy Story 3 characters will take their place in HS. Rumor has it the Playhouse Disney character meal at Hollywood and Vine may be shaken up at the same time.

Thanks for such specific info on this! Our trip is through May 9 so we should be able to see them at HS!

Buzz and Woody are remaining in their current location (Andy's room on Pixar Place). Only the one NEW character is going to appear in the Animation Building.

Also, I'm pretty sure the only characters going to DAK are Carl and Dug, Russell may need to return back home to attend school.

Well they were in the Animation Building, but I had heard they were going to move them after the next movie moves in there. :confused3

Thanks for such specific info on this! Our trip is through May 9 so we should be able to see them at HS!

Just noticed this post... the DHS location typically goes down for a week for the remodel to the next character. Go to the Animation Building early in your trip as they will be probably gone a couple days before May 9th.

We were there today and the line to see them was looong (however that could be partially due to the thunder/lightning/rainstorm outside). We came back about 10 minutes before they started their afternoon session (2:10 today) and there was only 2 families ahead of us. By the time we left, the waiting area was full again.

Oh, and you couldn't enter the animation building through the gallery store anymore, they had a cast member there who'd direct you around to the front where there were two lines, one line for the show then character meet/greet and one line for just the character meet/greets. That was a change from our last visit.

Up's last day is May 9th? Must be the date to change that venue's characters. Bolt's last day at that same location was also May 9th (we rushed there hearing the news since it was our first day of the trip).

Just noticed this post... the DHS location typically goes down for a week for the remodel to the next character. Go to the Animation Building early in your trip as they will be probably gone a couple days before May 9th.

We plan on being there Tuesday the 4th and Sunday the 9th. Do you think it will still be open on the 4th?

Buzz and Woody are remaining in their current location (Andy's room on Pixar Place). Only the one NEW character is going to appear in the Animation Building.

Also, I'm pretty sure the only characters going to DAK are Carl and Dug, Russell may need to return back home to attend school.

too cute!!!!! I love it!:rotfl:

The Up charcaters were the most interactive group of characters we met during the trip. The line was really long & moving slow - I'm guessing that's why! DS9 loved it though.

IMG_5340.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter