The Up In The Air - So Much To Plan - Are We Actually Doing This Pre-Trip Report

NikkiDis16

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! :wave: My name is Nikki and I've been reading the disboards for a long time, but I just got up the nerve to actually try my hand at posting, and thought, why not try a Pre-Trip. I make no promises that this will be interesting or worth reading, but I'm going to try. Can't hurt :confused3

So I'll start off with a traditional...

Table of Contents
Links Will Be Added When I'm Able To!
1. Who Are We and Why Are We Doing This

Who Are We and Why are we Doing This

I guess the best place to start is with introductions. We’re not a very big cast.

First there’s Me.
1098132_641851413134_1112950749_n.jpg

Like I said, my name is Nikki and I’m 28 years old. I teach Biology Labs at a University in North Carolina. I love my job almost as much as I love Disney. My parents started taking me when I was only a few months old. We went at least once every few years. However, I only stayed on property once at CBR when I was around 9. I fell in love with the resorts and always wanted to go back to staying on Property. That didn’t happen until I met….

This guy! DH! :groom:
45628_641851428104_1747908396_n.jpg

This is Stephen, my husband. He is NOT a Disney addict. He may even not be a fan (and if he is, he’s in the closet). However, he is a fan of making me happy, and that tends to lead us to Disney quite often. Every trip we’ve ever taken together has lasted at most 4 days, with 2 park days, so all he knows is my Comando way of touring. But he tells me regularly that he’s happy as long as I’m happy. His favorite park is EPCOT, and up until this summer, Illuminations was his favorite show, but I think Fantasmic won him over. Stephen is 31 and works for a property management company. This trip was his idea because of a special little someone….

This adorable little cutie!
1526590_10152558896729152_1083239385_n.jpg

This is my DN and God daughter Julie. She’s 7 now, but will be 8 in about a month. Julie lives in NY, so about a 13 hr drive away from us. We mostly communicate via phone or skype. Julie is in 2nd grade and loves Disney. She’s a pretty big Frozen fan at the moment, but I do believe that is slowly starting to wear off. She also loves Star Wars and super heroes, so she’s quite well rounded. I got to visit WDW with Julie once before when she was only a year old.

Here we are on IASW!
10400570_506604568894_391_n.jpg

DH and I get to take DN for a visit once a year every summer for about a week. This coming summer, we may get to take her for two whole weeks! And that’s where the idea for this trip came from. DH and I always try to plan something fun and special for while she’s with us. DH decided that this year, he’d like to take her to Disney. She’s done really well in school so far, and she’s been dying for a trip to Disney. So, right now, the plan is a quick 4 day trip with 2 park days and 2 travel days. We’re driving and we’re not telling her about the trip until we drive under the archway onto property. Absolutely nothing has been decided yet, but I’ve already started thinking about ADRs and FastPass+ and how to make this trip truly special for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter