The very first thing I do once onboard the Fantasy is...

One time I couldn't get Palo, we all went to lunch and I ran upstairs to do Palo, then joined the family back at lunch. If your kids want to do the pool, go to Cabanas and get some trays of food and head out to the pool deck. Not sure if the food stations around the pool are open on embarkation day -- but if they are, that would make it even easier.

Also, depending on when you board, you could do the pools for an hour, and then get lunch. I think Cabanas is open until at least 2:30 or 3 p.m. [make sure y'all have your bathing suits on under your clothes -- saves time].
Where did you book Palo?!?!

1st thing I plan on doing is filling that wonderful gift I got from some friends. The call it a beer mug...

1st thing I plan on doing is filling that wonderful gift I got from some friends. The call it a beer mug...
Yep get my first drink at the pool bar, head to lunch with said drink, then watch DS in pool until yep time for the second pool bar visit. Then off the tiny bit of alcohol in the pool bar drinks, happy, fed, relaxed. Head to room & unpack. I try to schedule things ahead of time like massage, Palo etc.. So there isn't much running around that first day for us. If we do a tasting we leave it to luck to see if we get one, not much of drinkers except first day cocktails, and a drink with dinner.

Last edited:
Yep get my first drink at the pool bar, head to lunch with said drink, then watch DS in pool until yep time for the second pool bar visit. Then off the tiny bit of alcohol in the pool bar drinks, happy, fed, relaxed. Head to room & unpack. I try to schedule things ahead of time like massage, Palo etc.. So there isn't much running around that first day for us. If we do a tasting we leave it to luck to see if we get one, not much of drinkers except first day cocktails, and a drink with dinner.

Sounds like me. I only drink 1
at a time.

Yes but have to mind how many one drinks at a time, or you could wind up like this:crutches: or like this o_O when you get the final account tally.
Although to get schnockered I think you may need many many one drinks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter