The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree. I'd rather they do YC the right way though, like Copper Creek as I want 1 and 2 bedroom options.

Agreed, I would need those options to buy at YC, but seeing what they did with VGF2 I think they are seeing these “resort” room conversions are cash generating machines

You will pay dues based on date of resort opening or start of your 2022 UY points…whichever is later.

For me, I switched to June UY. I’ll pay from resort open. If I had kept Dec UY, I’d pay for just one month.

...and wouldn't be able to use the first set of points for stays occurring before December 2022 unless borrowed into the 2021 Use Year. With borrowing currently limited to 50%.

Agreed, I would need those options to buy at YC, but seeing what they did with VGF2 I think they are seeing these “resort” room conversions are cash generating machines

I think it's less about cash and more about getting those empty rooms, rising maintenance costs on those older buildings and rising housekeeping costs off their resort balance sheets.

It plays into the profitability, for sure.

If DVC can renovate rooms much cheaper than building new and pass those savings along to buyers, it's sort of a win/win.

For those of you who are not willing to pay more than $250 a point...... please move out of the way and stand on the side while the people with real money make their purchases. Don't worry, the rest will be able to bid on availability at the 7month mark.

I feel a little bad that you might bump into riff-raff like me at the GF. There goes the neighborhood!

Nobody seems to be bothered by not getting 2021 points. I understand why it happened, but it still adjusts the balance sheet when it comes down to it and makes the price less appealing. For 300 points, that’s about 6k. Not only is resale less, but if you find a contract that isn’t stripped, you can get previous UY points as well. Am I calculating this incorrectly?

Nobody seems to be bothered by not getting 2021 points. I understand why it happened, but it still adjusts the balance sheet when it comes down to it and makes the price less appealing. For 300 points, that’s about 6k. Not only is resale less, but if you find a contract that isn’t stripped, you can get previous UY points as well. Am I calculating this incorrectly?
You're definitely right that it makes a difference. But the delta is still too narrow to be able to buy direct and have unrestricted points. If that is of no interest to you, then a loaded resale contract at the right price makes sense. I think it does make a difference for a lot of buyers.

Finding that hard to believe. That would mean one couldn't borrow late use year 2022 VGF points to reserve anything, anywhere, even though other Members with points from other resorts could. Makes more sense to pay from open.
Unless things have changed, Sandi is absolutely correct. Dues in the initial year will be the later of your UY or the resort opening date. If they were providing 2021 points, then everyone would pay from resort opening date.

You're definitely right that it makes a difference. But the delta is still too narrow to be able to buy direct and have unrestricted points. If that is of no interest to you, then a loaded resale contract at the right price makes sense. I think it does make a difference for a lot of buyers.
But after the resale market inevitably bumps down, the delta would likely be where it was at pre stop of sales, no? To me the a main equalizer of buying direct is previous use year points. It’s really hard to make the math of direct vs resale make sense otherwise.

Very true, but I don't see how they could have done it differently. The issue, ostensibly, would be that you have only the VGF1 units available to book, but are selling additional points that can also be used there at 11 months (if you load VGF2 with 2021 UY points). With VGF1 sold out and therefore balancing out (hypothetically VGF1 requiring 1million points to fully book with 1 million points sold), you'd be adding, at least initially, several hundred thousand points also free to book at VGF1 immediately since they would be within their 2021 UY (same association) creating an imbalance.

Granted, DVC may hold some points (beyond their legally required 2% stake), so VGF1 is never really "sold out", but really how many points would they have for wriggle room? The booking capacity just wouldn't be there to absorb the influx of new points before VGF2 units came online.

Until VGF2 was online with villas to book, you could potentially have 1.2 million (or whatever the number might be) combined VGF1 and VGF2 11-month points trying to book strictly VGF1 rooms that equal 1 million points when fully booked. It would be like selling 300 seats on a 250 seat plane.

Definitely not great for the metrics, but unavoidable.

Just closed a 300 point contract at VGF! Now time to sell my SSR contract.

Thanks for the tip on the $4k back on Capital One, Total price after cash back will be $49.7k or about $165.6 per point. I'm a bit ticked at myself for jumping on a resale 100 point agreement in ROFR at $186/point. At least that contract has all the 2021 points so maybe can make it up in rental. (who am I kidding, I know I'll burn them). :)

Congrats all !

Well, I just bought 2 150 point contracts! We have a December use year, so it was kind of hard to wrap my head around the fact that we won’t have any points for 10 months. I guess at least we won’t pay any fees until then, but I would have rather had the fees and the points! The way my guide explained it was that we are actually buying a presale, since it isn’t open yet. It just doesn’t feel like it since GF1 is open. It was in the ballpark of $350 more for us to split into 2 contracts rather than one 300 point contract; well worth it I think. I paid the 10% plus closing today and will call tomorrow after deciding on the next exact plan to have our guide divide the remaining amount into 4 payments and put one on a cc weekly (so we can pay off in between, but still get the cc points). The balance has to be paid in 30 days- we could wire it, mail a check, or cc. For cc they will divide it up and do chunks or put it all on at once. We have an available HELOC, so we have to decide if we want to use some of it vs all cash, etc. but I wanted to get it bought. If I know we’re getting it I wanted the darned luggage lol.

I agree! I have a December UY, so I’m a little bummed and second guessing purchasing 300.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter