• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But by your own logic, NDA’s in government and business don’t keep secrets either, so the argument that an NDA is keeping Disney airtight is somewhat contradictory to those facts.
Good point.....maybe it's something other than an NDA. I don't know. All I'm pointing out is that it's weird that we're not hearing more.

I don’t think the CMs who work for DVC really care to divulge the information on the internet. I mean why would they? To what end? Just to gossip? I’m going to guess that most of them are doing their jobs and living their lives and not really thinking about this as hot gossip that they need to spill. Aside from people on these boards, are there that many people out there who really care about the details of DVC’s next release? And why would someone risk their job just to leak some relatively minor info on a board to super fans?
I don't agree. First, every time there is a Reddit dish on Disney, it actually makes it to main stream media. Disney is a big deal and it touches a lot of people. So if there is a spill of information, it actually does make the news. Just do a search and you'll see.

Second, as far as people losing their jobs, Disney is a huge company with a revolving door for employees. So there are plenty of people that worked in different departments or divisions that are no longer employees. So they're not losing anything by talking.

We have all sorts of information on how other companies do business. The most recent example is Tik Tok videos on how McDonald's prepares certain foods (just an example). Those videos have gone viral. Whenever you attach the word "secret" to a company and post information, it gets attention. So again, why are more people not talking? It's just weird.

Good point.....maybe it's something other than an NDA. I don't know. All I'm pointing out is that it's weird that we're not hearing more.
i always suspected the tunnels under wdw were used for more than moving cast members out of sight.

everyone who works for Disney have to surrender their first born as collateral and stored in the tunnels for safe keeping

My entire family, with the exception of DW, has worked for or currently works for Disney, myself included (11 years with the Mouse in the 80's and 90's). Both my sisters worked for Disney (one still does, going on 32 years), my son did while in college, and my dad did too after he retired (loved the parks and worked Steam Trains and Main Street Vehicles part time). None of us ever had anything even remotely resembling an NDA. I've had several since of course.

To this day, if I share some exciting news I found on WDWNews, MiceChat, or some other site with the group, my sister invariably already knows about it, but just didn't bother to tell us. Even the return of the Electrical Parade with its new final float didn't get a heads-up from her, and we LOVE us some Electrical Parade.

I don't know what it is, whether it's just the culture of being part of the magic and wanting to maintain the surprise and wonder, general disinterest in sharing with outsiders (because CM's are a tight bunch like few others) or what, but I think for the rank and file CM's who aren't feeding a blogger or some other social media, they just aren't interested in blabbing. Especially if they've been asked not to. For many, having knowledge of what's behind the curtain and knowing few others have that knowledge is special, and an understood and cherished privilege.

Last edited:
I don't agree. First, every time there is a Reddit dish on Disney, it actually makes it to main stream media. Disney is a big deal and it touches a lot of people. So if there is a spill of information, it actually does make the news. Just do a search and you'll see.

Second, as far as people losing their jobs, Disney is a huge company with a revolving door for employees. So there are plenty of people that worked in different departments or divisions that are no longer employees. So they're not losing anything by talking.

We have all sorts of information on how other companies do business. The most recent example is Tik Tok videos on how McDonald's prepares certain foods (just an example). Those videos have gone viral. Whenever you attach the word "secret" to a company and post information, it gets attention. So again, why are more people not talking? It's just weird.
Yes, but you’re talking about bigger things than pricing on DVC. I’ve seen the many Buzzfeed type articles of like “Former Cast Members Spill Secrets!” (Spoiler they’re never that interesting). I agree there is an appetite for that stuff. It sounds like we’re not referring to the same type of thing. Im specifically referring to pricing for the new VGF. I don’t think there is a big appetite for that information to be spilled. Buzzfeed certainly isn’t going to do an article on that. I just don’t think there’s any reason for a CM to dish that info. It’s just not that exciting except to the few on this board. But that’s just my perspective.

Yes, but you’re talking about bigger things than pricing on DVC. I’ve seen the many Buzzfeed type articles of like “Former Cast Members Spill Secrets!” (Spoiler they’re never that interesting). I agree there is an appetite for that stuff. It sounds like we’re not referring to the same type of thing. Im specifically referring to pricing for the new VGF. I don’t think there is a big appetite for that information to be spilled. Buzzfeed certainly isn’t going to do an article on that. I just don’t think there’s any reason for a CM to dish that info. It’s just not that exciting except to the few on this board. But that’s just my perspective.

This news wouldn’t exactly land on TMZ, but there are at least enough people interested to where several webpages, podcasts, and social media pages have done well and gained a fairly substantial number of followers. I’m just surprised given the times. I mean, people on these boards are also the most likely to know a CM with the insider information. Still, it does not get pulled and/or posted. It’s just impressive how they keep it under wraps.

Also, on this piece, depending on the information a former CM shares, like say about things in development, Disney could actually sue that person. Not saying they would, but they could. Even as a former CM, I wouldn’t want to play with that. Now if it’s something small, like where they buy their churros, probably not. But something big like unreleased information from imagineering, I think it’s entirely possible. I work for a small financial firm. An employee came over from a different firm and continued using spreadsheets that were proprietary to their former employer. Somehow the former employer found out and our office received a cease and desist notice and threat of legal action. It can happen. Not saying it will, but it can.

This news wouldn’t exactly land on TMZ, but there are at least enough people interested to where several webpages, podcasts, and social media pages have done well and gained a fairly substantial number of followers. I’m just surprised given the times. I mean, people on these boards are also the most likely to know a CM with the insider information. Still, it does not get pulled and/or posted. It’s just impressive how they keep it under wraps.
Oh yes, I follow lots of the IG accounts, podcasts, etc. there’s definitely an interest in Disney and Disney news. My comment must have been unclear, I’m not saying people aren’t interested in Disney, this is just a bit of obscure news that I don’t know why anyone would care enough to leak it. Most of the reputable Disney news sites and influencer accounts avoid publishing rumors and wait until things are
Disney official. There is at least one pretty popular site that I will not name that doesn’t have a great deal of credibility because they’re always posting rumors that come to be false. It kills their credibility and loses followers I think.

I'm only interested because of this thread. We are now into page 103 of the "Great VGF2 Pricing Debate" and I've read every doggone message. Heck, I think I even made a prediction on the price 30 or 40 pages ago. All of this and I have no real interest in VGF, either one or two (no offense to those that do, it's a marvelous resort).

I need a hobby other than DVC! :-)

I'm only interested because of this thread. We are now into page 103 of the "Great VGF2 Pricing Debate" and I've read every doggone message. Heck, I think I even made a prediction on the price 30 or 40 pages ago. All of this and I have no real interest in VGF, either one or two (no offense to those that do, it's a marvelous resort).

I need a hobby other than DVC! :-)
I’m only interested because of the implications for the Disneyland one next year. I am not buying VGF unless it’s priced so absurdly low it would sell out in a week.

My comment must have been unclear, I’m not saying people aren’t interested in Disney, this is just a bit of obscure news that I don’t know why anyone would care enough to leak it.

You must not frequent the Disney Dining page where people are foaming at the mouth to know the details of “free” dining before it drops and the ones with the scoop are treated like Gods!

You must not frequent the Disney Dining page where people are foaming at the mouth to know the details of “free” dining before it drops and the ones with the scoop are treated like Gods!
🤣 nope! I don’t. I’ll obviously take the dining plan if it’s free, but it’s too much food and too much thought. I like the lounges, sometimes I want an app for dinner, not an entree, etc. something for everyone. But my focus is all on DVC at the minute.

If one guide spills the beans… it makes every other guide’s job hell. The endless calls without being able to veer from the script. I mean they are probably dealing with this now… can only imagine how exhausting it would be if it got out. And what do they gain from spilling? Not a thing but a headache.

Exactly! There is interest. We are talking about VGF2 pricing on this thread and I know some believe it's a small group out there that's interested, but there are similar venues mentioned above for information dedicated to just DVC with lots of followers.

That said, there are even more people interested in the resale ROFR process and how that works since that's broader than just VGF2, but no one really understands why Disney takes some contracts and doesn't others. I mentioned this in another post, that all the speculation on our part never resulted in someone who actually worked in that department sharing how the process works.

Wow! What a time to launch a high priced luxury product into the market as geopolitical tensions are rising quickly. I think that DVC has set the price and is unlikely to change it as a result but curious on thoughts...
Yeah, not gonna lie, it gives me pause….it will be a little longer before we can buy because we’re not current owners. I’ll definitely be watching closely in the next month.

I feel like the base price will be higher than RIV but incentives will bring it down, if you buy enough points. That said I think you are getting a lot less flexibility for your money with VGF due to studios only. The original building has more than that but it will be harder to get them with so many more owners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter