• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’d call him first thing and leave a message. I’d then call dvc and get the first guide who picks up to send you a contract

fastest fingers win. the Guide you used in past purchase won’t get you any special benefits so do what is best for you. Because you are right, you are sending him $ and it’s his commission to lose

i have zero loyalty to my guide and will look out for my own interests as I am sure my guide will do the same
Good advice! I'll add one small, additional courtesy. I'll give him an hour after I call. That seems fair.

😂 I didn’t get it was a joke either until I saw later on the thread. Then I was like “of course it was a joke, no employee would say such a thing.” 🤦🏼‍♀️ sarcasm tends to get lost in translation via text…I’m also just gullible.
It was definitely my fault!

In hindsight I definitely should have made it absolutely clear.

Last edited:
Seeing this posted on Facebook for dvc members staying onsite in march. Note this is not mine and I copy pasted from facebook, I have however seen at least two posts today on same topic so seems like this is going out to a few people

Unless you need the points right away to book a reservation, why would you want to buy any points on the 3rd???? Dues are prorated by the calendar year, so you would end up paying more in dues for points that you can't use till next year. Usually for any of the discounts on points they have a timeline and DVC let you know when that is. There is no reason except for what Sandisw has planned to buy points on the 3rd.

Last edited:
Unless you need the point right away to book a reservation, why would you want to buy any points on the 3rd???? Dues are prorated by the calendar year, so you would end up paying more in dues for points that you can't use till next year. Usually for any of the discounts on points they have a timeline and DVC let you know when that is. There is no reason except for what Sandisw has planned to buy points on the 3rd.

DVC ownership is at least 50 percent emotion.

Since we're friendly but hardly best buddies, I'm wondering if I should just speak to another guide in advance who will in fact call me. Or do you think I'm being a big baby, totally overreacting, and I should just give him a buzz, which is what I will probably do anyway?
I’d call him first thing and leave a message. I’d then call dvc and get the first guide who picks up to send you a contract

fastest fingers win. the Guide you used in past purchase won’t get you any special benefits so do what is best for you. Because you are right, you are sending him $ and it’s his commission to lose

i have zero loyalty to my guide and will look out for my own interests as I am sure my guide will do the same
Unless you need the points right away to book a reservation, why would you want to buy any points on the 3rd???? Dues are prorated by the calendar year, so you would end up paying more in dues for points that you can't use till next year. Usually for any of the discounts on points they have a timeline and DVC let you know when that is. There is no reason except for what Sandisw has planned to buy points on the 3rd.
Completely agree with MattyB13! It's not like 2 million points or any incentives are going to disappear the first day!. Unless you need the points to book something (a studio) in VGF1, there's no reason to panic. (And that's how these type of posts look to me). :teeth:

Better to cut the guides some slack. It's not like they don't WANT to help everyone as soon as they can.

My guide added me to her list and said she had so many she was going to send out an email with the $$ info rather than call individually.

Seeing this posted on Facebook for dvc members staying onsite in march. Note this is not mine and I copy pasted from facebook, I have however seen at least two posts today on same topic so seems like this is going out to a few people

View attachment 650664

We got this and don't arrive till the 18th! On the one hand I was like 'oh that's nice' and on the other hand I was like '$25 does not make up for APs still not being available guys'

For those saying they want to buy day one so points available to book I was wondering how that works? If the rooms are not available in inventory at time of booking can you use the points to book other rooms? Wouldn’t this create scenario for 2022 where there is way more points in system then bookable rooms if most use years get full 2021 and 2022 points when rooms don’t exist until summer 2022?

For those saying they want to buy day one so points available to book I was wondering how that works? If the rooms are not available in inventory at time of booking can you use the points to book other rooms? Wouldn’t this create scenario for 2022 where there is way more points in system then bookable rooms if most use years get full 2021 and 2022 points when rooms don’t exist until summer 2022?

The points deeded to the new building can’t be used for stays anywhere until the new rooms open for occupancy. Any points sold that are deeded to the current building can be used immediately.

So, nothing before summer. Now, I am going at the end of July and based on my conversation with the guide, there is a good chance these rooms will be in inventory by then, or there is going to be a way for me to have points I can use for that trip to put back my borrowed points.

It sounded like we will not only get sales info Thursday but also the opening date for the rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter