• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Woke up this morning to the news. I admit that I was wrong about the base price but I'm very surprised that the incentives are much better for RIV. I really didn't expect that. I thought that VGF2's base would be higher with better incentives to bring it close to RIV.

Welcome to the VGF Family to all you new owners at the resort. I hope that you love it as much as we do!

3/14 for owners at GF and 5/13 for all members
View attachment 651685
I guess this means that we should have an opening date soon? Shall we start speculating on when it will be?

I can envision long waits for MS on 3/14 when everyone tries to book a fall stay in one of the 100 studios that have been declared.

Woo hoo, what great news to wake up to! $179 a point for 300 points. I was going to wait until my guide emailed me but caved and checked this thread. I think as long as there are no surprises we’re going to go ahead with two 150 point contracts. We still get the 300 point price doing that, right? I’m so happy we didn’t buy resale in the past year, it briefly crossed our minds but prices seemed high to me knowing this was coming. Even if it had been less, not lower enough to justify IMO.

Or perhaps they are motivated to push people to buy resale instead of direct because it personally benefits them?
highly possible but look what they did to their brand. Did they try to create fomo and a rush on contracts to benefit them or are they just really that bad at this?

Woo hoo, what great news to wake up to! $179 a point for 300 points. I was going to wait until my guide emailed me but caved and checked this thread. I think as long as there are no surprises we’re going to go ahead with two 150 point contracts. We still get the 300 point price doing that, right? I’m so happy we didn’t buy resale in the past year, it briefly crossed our minds but prices seemed high to me knowing this was coming. Even if it had been less, not lower enough to justify IMO.

I believe so, will just have to pay two closing costs (maybe skip title search fees?)

I’m thinking of doing the same thing actually. Was originally just considering 150 points to get the blue card (we own 100 resale points at CC) but $179/point for 300 is very tempting.

Now if can get 2021 points with my April use year, I will be ecstatic!

Heh @pkrieger2287, there’s a DVC show for you. How does resale market react to these pricings.?
DVCRM have a 200pt listing at $201 but direct is $186, I appreciate its member only so far but it will be $190 for new members on 31st March. Unsustainable for VGF listings But also what impact on other resorts?
I think small resale contracts may only have to adjust slightly. If you are not a member, this will still be the only way to get in under 150 points.

If anyone gets confirmation of any restrictions please post! At this price I want to buy VGF but will not buy if I can only use the points there…. Isn’t that how RIV works? You can only stay at RIV with them, right?

If anyone gets confirmation of any restrictions please post! At this price I want to buy VGF but will not buy if I can only use the points there…. Isn’t that how RIV works? You can only stay at RIV with them, right?

The Resale Restrictions at Riviera only apply to resale contracts. If you buy Riviera from Disney, you can stay anywhere. VGF shouldn't have those restrictions since it's the same condo association, but we'll have to wait and see if that's the case or not.

Reactions: AGP
Another great Disney decision I made. Deed recorded last week for 100 VGF @ $185.

I assume with the $207 (less incentives price), I overspent by $2500 once the resale prices are changed.

I never thought for the "flagship" Disney resort direct price would: 1.drop 2. drop by $50

To feel the love even more, I assume with all the increased direct sales DVC will receive beginning today for the next couple of weeks, getting these additional resale points added to my membership will be at the bottom of their list to do.

Last edited:
Heh @pkrieger2287, there’s a DVC show for you. How does resale market react to these pricings.?
DVCRM have a 200pt listing at $201 but direct is $186, I appreciate its member only so far but it will be $190 for new members on 31st March. Unsustainable for VGF listings But also what impact on other resorts?

I think we need to watch Grand Floridian closely over the next year... This is a huge sales tactic and will bring historic numbers to DVC Direct Sales, but they will not undercut the value of their product like this for long. Current incentives expire March 30th... let's see what the price is after that date. I think we will see a gradual increase. This is the honeymoon stage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter