• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Once they start the refurb, how long do you guys think it would last since it's just the DVC wing?
I could see them doing one floor at a time. BWV usually did it that way but this time they went all in doing a whole one side. I sure hope it’s next year, it was looking bad last year when I was there. Hope they get rid of carpet.

Headed out tomorrow! Excited for the family to see the park dressed up for Halloween and the opportunity to go to OBB on Thursday!

I’m a bit concerned about the merchandise this year…. My wife said she has been on the ShopDisney and that there are “so many cute Christmas things…”

Hopefully there aren’t too many ride breakdowns… there are some grumpy threads on the DLand board….

Headed out tomorrow! Excited for the family to see the park dressed up for Halloween and the opportunity to go to OBB on Thursday!

I’m a bit concerned about the merchandise this year…. My wife said she has been on the ShopDisney and that there are “so many cute Christmas things…”

Hopefully there aren’t too many ride breakdowns… there are some grumpy threads on the DLand board….

Have fun! We just got back from our first VDH stay and first OBB. I posted about our experience on the OBB thread. We had a great time at OBB and the kids loved the pools/slides at the hotel. Genie+ sold out in the morning on Sat/Sun and we got in too late to buy it both days, but it worked out for us having a relaxing weekend instead. We were still able to do some rides at the end of the night when lines were short. HMH said 60 minutes around 11:30pm, but our actual wait time was 12 minutes.

Have fun! We just got back from our first VDH stay and first OBB. I posted about our experience on the OBB thread. We had a great time at OBB and the kids loved the pools/slides at the hotel. Genie+ sold out in the morning on Sat/Sun and we got in too late to buy it both days, but it worked out for us having a relaxing weekend instead. We were still able to do some rides at the end of the night when lines were short. HMH said 60 minutes around 11:30pm, but our actual wait time was 12 minutes.
My family is on multi day tickets that includes G+. I’m the one with the MK and have to worry about getting it the morning of.

Do we know if we can buy G+ in our room if we are in VGC or if we have to scan into the park?

Price increases, holy smokes! Higher ticket prices, higher genie+, higher park hopping for multi-day!

Luckily I was able to go to GetAwayToday.com and purchase my family’s January and March multi-day tickets with park hopper and genie plus at the old prices. I’m sure there are lots of other travel agents who can get the same pricing for a while…

This is all a bit annoying too because I was going to convert my family’s October tickets to MK’s…. But then they stopped selling MK’s…..

They really need a DVC pass @ DL like they have at WDW….

Price increases, holy smokes! Higher ticket prices, higher genie+, higher park hopping for multi-day!

Luckily I was able to go to GetAwayToday.com and purchase my family’s January and March multi-day tickets with park hopper and genie plus at the old prices. I’m sure there are lots of other travel agents who can get the same pricing for a while…

This is all a bit annoying too because I was going to convert my family’s October tickets to MK’s…. But then they stopped selling MK’s…..

Just wanted to point out that even Get Away Today's "Black Friday" deal they have going on, its still cheaper to get tix from Undercover Tourist. ($20 per ticket cheaper)

We luckily bought a few weeks ago with the Undercover Tourist deal for race weekend but we are also going in April for dance which we need to buy through the studio. I’ve never felt priced out before and always thought it was still an okay comparison to other full day experiences…. But I’m feeling close. Since we have two trips this year and are planning a quick OBB trip next fall break…. I think we will be taking a break after that- at least till the next dance trip- which are every other April. I’ll have to run the numbers but we may rent our points for a year.

GET vs UT

3-Day Hopper, No G+ (this was for 4 tix)
$1,660.00 vs $1584.92
This is what i was looking at for our upcoming trip.

GET vs UT

5-Day Hopper, w/G+ (1 ticket)
$575.00 vs $566.04
@AstroBlasters Here is what i get, for your example.?
Did you mistake the $575 for $525? (maybe kids ticket, or do you have some dark web access. lol)

Last edited:
This is what i was looking at for our upcoming trip.

@AstroBlasters Here is what i get, for your example.?
Did you mistake the $575 for $525? (maybe kids ticket, or do you have some dark web access. lol)
I just went back in and now it is $575… weird…I must have screwed up and had a child’s ticket… it’s also interesting that in your comparison the 3-day hopper is so much different of a delta than the 5-day…

I’ll mentally write off the $9x4 difference as a donation to the YouTubers I watch that are supported be the channel.

Both are significantly better than Disney direct and should be locked in for travel before they adjust higher.

Last edited:
We luckily bought a few weeks ago with the Undercover Tourist deal for race weekend but we are also going in April for dance which we need to buy through the studio. I’ve never felt priced out before and always thought it was still an okay comparison to other full day experiences…. But I’m feeling close. Since we have two trips this year and are planning a quick OBB trip next fall break…. I think we will be taking a break after that- at least till the next dance trip- which are every other April. I’ll have to run the numbers but we may rent our points for a year.
With them canceling passes intermittently and having an increase in prices… it makes it more likely we’ll do one longer multi day trip to DLand per year as opposed to several long weekend trips… especially comparing the cost of a long weekend @ DLand to a week at Aulani for a family of 4.

Thank goodness I already bit the bullet on VGC points and have my DVC-Y for 10% food/merch discounts.

With them canceling passes intermittently and having an increase in prices… it makes it more likely we’ll do one longer multi day trip to DLand per year as opposed to several long weekend trips… especially comparing the cost of a long weekend @ DLand to a week at Aulani for a family of 4.

Thank goodness I already bit the bullet on VGC points and have my DVC-Y for 10% food/merch discounts.
Yes! I am already considering that it may be better to just add a day to the dance trip down the road. Now if she would just quit dance we would be flush with cash and any price increase we could shake off- hahaha!

This is all a bit annoying too because I was going to convert my family’s October tickets to MK’s…. But then they stopped selling MK’s….

Not sure what you mean by DVC pass as the one for wdw is just ability to purchase the Sorcerer pass at full price. Everyone has access to all the passes at DLR except for Imagine which is limited to SoCal residents. There’s tons of blackout dates so it wouldn’t work for most out of state people. I do cash in on my whopping $20 DVC discount off my Magic Key every year though. 😅

Not sure what you mean by DVC pass as the one for wdw is just ability to purchase the Sorcerer pass at full price. Everyone has access to all the passes at DLR except for Imagine which is limited to SoCal residents. There’s tons of blackout dates so it wouldn’t work for most out of state people. I do cash in on my whopping $20 DVC discount off my Magic Key every year though. 😅
That is not the case. There is a SoCal pass only available to SoCal residents. Also, nothing is available for sale right now.

They could absolutely create a DVC pass for DL to help incentivize VDH sales that was some version of the Inspire Key without parking or additional discounts for a reduced price.

That is not the case. There is a SoCal pass only available to SoCal residents. Also, nothing is available for sale right now.

They could absolutely create a DVC pass for DL to help incentivize VDH sales that was some version of the Inspire Key without parking or additional discounts for a reduced price.
The Imagine IS the SoCal pass. It’s $499 but tons of blockout dates. The remaining 3 passes are available for anyone except for the fact they’re sold out. Whereas for wdw only the Incredipass is available to all. At this point if they sell DVC members the premier pass again I’ll consider it a perk. But apparently that’s just wishful thinking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter