• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Got some pixie dust this morning. Went to pay for my aunt and uncle’s parking fee for the third vehicle as they joined us for our stay in the grand villa. CM left for a bit and came back and said they took care of it and it was free. My aunt and uncle were so happy to save that fee.
Looking forward to your trip report! Sounds like a magical experience!

Question: we are checking in next week to our VGC reservation. We will have a car, and then our daughter who lives in the area will be joining us later in the evening. What information do I need to give at check-in so that she can also park for free? And does she need to come through the Grand Californian entry, or can she go straight to the parking lot? Thanks!

Question: we are checking in next week to our VGC reservation. We will have a car, and then our daughter who lives in the area will be joining us later in the evening. What information do I need to give at check-in so that she can also park for free? And does she need to come through the Grand Californian entry, or can she go straight to the parking lot? Thanks!
You put the number of cars you need on the pre-check in on the Disneyland app. It will say it's 35 bucks a day but I was told by the cast members they don't charge for DVC (2 cars or less - they did give us some pixie dust for the 3rd car visiting us at our last trip but that's perhaps because we were in the 3BR). I'm 99% sure they could just go to the parking lot and say your room number but if they have anything to drop off they could just have the bell service team help with that. Driving up and getting that excellent service was part of what made staying at the Grand Cal magical :)

You put the number of cars you need on the pre-check in on the Disneyland app. It will say it's 35 bucks a day but I was told by the cast members they don't charge for DVC (2 cars or less - they did give us some pixie dust for the 3rd car visiting us at our last trip but that's perhaps because we were in the 3BR). I'm 99% sure they could just go to the parking lot and say your room number but if they have anything to drop off they could just have the bell service team help with that. Driving up and getting that excellent service was part of what made staying at the Grand Cal magical :)
Yep; go to lot across street directly. Give room# and name, they will let you in.

Dang, I am so glad we didn't wait a couple months like we originally planned or we would have been totally out of luck with the current options! Makes me feel pretty good about our 235 contract!
Yep, you and a few others did great the last few months. And I'm jealous. lol
Now I can't decide if I'm waiting for VDH resale or VGC resale. ;) (Harbor bound until I figure it out)

I am headed to VGC next Tuesday, first time there. What is one of the first things I should do? Where is the DVC booth located?
Some thoughts

• Just take it all in. It’s an amazing place.
  • If you want a relaxed meal to start, the quick service food at the GCH Craftsman is awesome. The nachos, pizza, and poke bowls are great. Plus the peanut butter blonde treat thing is bad for you good.
  • There are some great spots on the other floors to walk around and see stuff. Don’t skip them.
  • Be amazed that the park is “just over there” over and over again.
  • Lots of stuff to do in Downtown Disney just a short walk away.
  • Sit in some of the most comfortable poolside chairs ever and enjoy life.
  • Realize you will eventually have to leave and daydream that you might get lucky and they will forget to make you go…

the DVC office is right near the “DVC Wing” elevator entrance breezeway. Have fun!

Some thoughts

• Just take it all in. It’s an amazing place.
  • If you want a relaxed meal to start, the quick service food at the GCH Craftsman is awesome. The nachos, pizza, and poke bowls are great. Plus the peanut butter blonde treat thing is bad for you good.
  • There are some great spots on the other floors to walk around and see stuff. Don’t skip them.
  • Be amazed that the park is “just over there” over and over again.
  • Lots of stuff to do in Downtown Disney just a short walk away.
  • Sit in some of the most comfortable poolside chairs ever and enjoy life.
  • Realize you will eventually have to leave and daydream that you might get lucky and they will forget to make you go…

the DVC office is right near the “DVC Wing” elevator entrance breezeway. Have fun!

Okay...I have a totally dumb question about those pool chairs. Am I supposed to/allowed to sit on them when I've gotten out of the pool and am soaking wet?? They seem like they are only meant for dry people to sit on!

Okay...I have a totally dumb question about those pool chairs. Am I supposed to/allowed to sit on them when I've gotten out of the pool and am soaking wet?? They seem like they are only meant for dry people to sit on!
You likely won’t have that problem as they are very generous with handing out fluffy towels to any and all who want them at the pool. When I entered they handed me two just for myself to join my family at the pool. They will gladly take used towels and give you plenty of fresh ones. During our visit we were very impressed by the army of staff in the pool area keeping the towels clean and stocked, bring out food to you, and of course keeping an eye on everyone. Much better than even our fancy Vegas pools we like to do a few night staycation at from time to time.

The one downside is it gets busy and if not for my family who wanted to spend most of the day at the pool and would rise early to get some prime space, you may have to fight to get a few spots together during prime time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter