The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

10k of dues?! how many points do you have?? I'm jealous! (Well, of the points...not the dues, obviously. Ha!)

Toooo many (usually only feel this way come December šŸ™ƒšŸ„“šŸ„²)!!!!

I apply most of it directly to dues on the DVC site, but I have other physical cards that are ā€œpermanentā€ and I transfer the digital gift cards to them and then delete the digital card. The max per card is $1k.

I do this as well. Iā€™ll consolidate e-delivery (mostly) purchases throughout the year onto the physical gift cards we have. We pay a hefty down payment on our Magic Keys renewal in person with these plus taking advantage of our piddly $20/person DVC discount towards each MK. We also pay for our WDW APs in full with these physical cards. Iā€™ve stopped using DGCs to pay for runDisney events though due to too many glitches during registration. Would not be fun to have to get those amounts loaded back onto whichever card I happened to use!

Iā€™ll have to check it out, wish I could load them into the MDE app or even Apple Wallet (which I not use, but I would start for this. lol)

Too bad I paid my dues yesterday and bought gift cards today. :/

Just don't lose your actual cards because even if you use the Disney GC to consolidate, it specifically warns that it's NOT a wallet so you need to keep the card you have the money on.

You could just buy a new GC for and then transfer the balance from the lost cardā€¦ assuming no one stole the fundsā€¦

Ooh...good point. I hadn't thought about that. Glad you mentioned it because my son has a tendency to find/hide things and then they disappear into the void. Now I won't need to stress quite as much about him finding my GC. Ha!

Ooh...good point. I hadn't thought about that. Glad you mentioned it because my son has a tendency to find/hide things and then they disappear into the void. Now I won't need to stress quite as much about him finding my GC. Ha!

I transfer all my new gift card balances to older cards of which I keep a picture, and the physical cards are in my safe deposit box. Iā€™m confident no one has the numbers for the older cards.

I think I'll probably book 6 nights in January or February 2025. But I still keep going back and forth on it. I really don't want to deal with construction noise. But....I also don't know if I want to go 18 months between visits....

We checked into the Grand Californian yesterday and our studio was in much needed repair. The couch was torn all over, the paint on the wall didnā€™t match and one of our phones in the room didnā€™t work. I expressed my concern with the front desk and they were able to move us to a different room.

I know the rooms are in need of refurbishment but I was very surprised that they hadnā€™t even attempted to replace the couch at least.

You guys....I'm looking at the cabanas by the pool and now I'm longing to rent one next summer!! But I fear they may be more than I want to spend. Or that the hours available won't work with how we like to structure our days (for the sake of our son....and our sanity!)

But seriously...they look so nice in the pics I've seen!

You guys....I'm looking at the cabanas by the pool and now I'm longing to rent one next summer!! But I fear they may be more than I want to spend. Or that the hours available won't work with how we like to structure our days (for the sake of our son....and our sanity!)

But seriously...they look so nice in the pics I've seen!

Yeah...that does look pretty great! I wish they put the prices online!
From the website:

To learn about pricing options or make reservations at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, please call (714) 635-2300 and select option "5"ā€”or visit the Guest Services desk inside the hotel.

I read you can't book until 60 days before so I'll just wait until then and call to get pricing and make our decision. We are there for 5 days in June with 5-day park hoppers. But we could take a park break one day for longer than our usual 2-ish hours. When we were there in February, we only used the pool once and it was a bit too chilly for me. So it would be nice to use the pool more.

I transfer all my new gift card balances to older cards of which I keep a picture, and the physical cards are in my safe deposit box. Iā€™m confident no one has the numbers for the older cards.

Bit late to the party, but figured I'd share a tip that might help folks with the GCs. The E-Gift cards from shopdisney can be added to Apple Pay and Google Wallet.

So I buy a $25 e-gift card form shopdisney, import it to my mobile wallet, then top it off with GCs bought at discount, (Costco and Target). This way, I never need to worry about keeping (or losing) the print-out, and I will always have it with me in the parks.

Bit late to the party, but figured I'd share a tip that might help folks with the GCs. The E-Gift cards from shopdisney can be added to Apple Pay and Google Wallet.

So I buy a $25 e-gift card form shopdisney, import it to my mobile wallet, then top it off with GCs bought at discount, (Costco and Target). This way, I never need to worry about keeping (or losing) the print-out, and I will always have it with me in the parks.
Oh, i hope this works for me.!!!

*edit*
Bummer, it said not eligible for Apple Pay. :(

@DisVDS When you say "Import to my mobile wallet" what exactly do you mean, & how do you go about that?

Last edited:
Oh, i hope this works for me.!!!

*edit*
Bummer, it said not eligible for Apple Pay. :(

@DisVDS When you say "Import to my mobile wallet" what exactly do you mean, & how do you go about that?
Itā€™s not eligible for Apple Pay, but you should be able to add it to your Apple Walletā€¦ like a plane ticketā€¦.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter