• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Void in DS

CJN

closet redhead
Has anyone done The Void in DS using either a wheelchair or EVC? The website states “May Remain in Wheelchair/ECV”. It sounds like fun but I’m shuddering a little at the idea of operating mobility equipment while wearing a VR visor.

There's a review here from last year where the poster tells how it worked for her; basically she wore the equipment, and a CM "drives" a manual wheelchair for you so that you can fully experience it.

If you go, please come back and give us a report - I'm hoping to find time to try it on our next trip! 🙂

My dad asked about it a couple years ago when it opened, he was told he had to be in a manual chair and they’d push him around. Power chair/ecv is apparently too heavy for their floors from what we were told, so he decided to pass. I’ve heard it’s still fun in a wheelchair! 10/10 recommend it though, it was incredible. Even if I had to stand there half the time scared to move 😂

There's a review here from last year where the poster tells how it worked for her; basically she wore the equipment, and a CM "drives" a manual wheelchair for you so that you can fully experience it.

If you go, please come back and give us a report - I'm hoping to find time to try it on our next trip! 🙂

Thank you for that! I couldn’t find much in a search. It makes sense that someone would push you through but I didn’t want it to be one of my family members if it meant they’d miss the experience. Our trip isn’t until March 2020 but if I do it I’ll report back.

My dad asked about it a couple years ago when it opened, he was told he had to be in a manual chair and they’d push him around. Power chair/ecv is apparently too heavy for their floors from what we were told, so he decided to pass. I’ve heard it’s still fun in a wheelchair! 10/10 recommend it though, it was incredible. Even if I had to stand there half the time scared to move 😂

Thanks for the info. It sounds fun!

Definitely do it if you can! It didn’t take too much time away from the night, and it was absolutely amazing and immersive. And the employees were so accommodating and helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter