The walking dead amc #2

I think Carl bit is an interesting twist. It would be more interesting if he doesn't turn, but I doubt that it will go that way. I did think in last week's epi that when fighting walkers that it looked like Carl should be bit, but I figured they wouldn't do that. Gimple said he thought it was obvious that Carl was bit.
I still don't trust Enid & I think she is the little birdie who has been telling Negan everything. With the pickles & now this, she may be totally innocent, but I don't think so. Why would she shoot? They were hoping one of Oceanside would show up.

I thought Enid and Aaron were just parking there for the night and was going to visit them in the morning.

[/QUOTE]="nemofans, post: 58560356, member: 166402"]I think Carl bit is an interesting twist. It would be more interesting if he doesn't turn, but I doubt that it will go that way. I did think in last week's epi that when fighting walkers that it looked like Carl should be bit, but I figured they wouldn't do that. Gimple said he thought it was obvious that Carl was bit.
I still don't trust Enid & I think she is the little birdie who has been telling Negan everything. With the pickles & now this, she may be totally innocent, but I don't think so. Why would she shoot? They were hoping one of Oceanside would show up.[/QUOTE]

Because Aaron was knocked down by the Grandmother. Enid had no idea who it was, just that someone attacked Aaron so she shot. It would be a very interesting twist though if Enid was in fact working with Negan, who knows maybe she is even his daughter and her real name is Lucille. This is pure speculation by me by the way lo.

I thought he was still alive in the comics, but I'm not sure. I think Chandler may have wanted to do other things. I had heard he is enrolled in college. I wonder if he decided to leave so they had to write him out.

Also, I thought they had hinted in the past that Carl was the most important character on the show and it was his story, not Ricks.

Actually, he said he completely planned to stay on the show and go to school at the same time, and that the decision to kill him off was the show's decision, not his. It was after they told him he would be killed that he decided to take a gap year and do some other things. Apparently, his father is pissed that he was fired.

As a comic reader the show has gone very far off field from the comic storyline. At this point I think it's going to be completely different. So I don't know how it will go. I am not liking this. The show has strayed way too far. And it's not for the better. It's boring a dragging too slowly. It's like the producers have no idea what to do and so they are just looking for ways to tick off the fans. Not cool!

Anyway....here is an idea of where they may be going...
What's wrong with Gabe? He looks sick, just like Carl. Are they both bit? Will the doctor and maybe Eugene find a cure? Will Negan's strong fondness of Carl bring them together to find a cure? Or try to find a cure but they'll both die and then everyone will be working together????

Or....are they faking being bit by a walker in hopes to stop the war and bring everyone together? Doubtful since Gimple stated that you can see Carl get bit. So I think it's the theory above. But will they die or be cured????

Last edited:
What's wrong with Gabe? He looks just like Carl.
Ok I totally misunderstood this. I thought do you really think Gabe looks like Carl? Then I read everything again and realized that he looks sick like Carl. The few posts I read before were talking about Carl aging out so i though you meant that Gabe and Carl look alike. LOL Personally I think the only reason they are killing off Carl is that he has aged 8 years while the story line is much less. I don't know why they aren't using a younger toddler for Judith as her aging is even more obvious.

Yeah I don't get killing Carl now because of aging since he is now 18 and won't age as much as he has been. I agree about Judith she looks like she is ready to start kindergarten .

As a comic reader the show has gone very far off field from the comic storyline. At this point I think it's going to be completely different. So I don't know how it will go. I am not liking this. The show has strayed way too far. And it's not for the better. It's boring a dragging too slowly. It's like the producers have no idea what to do and so they are just looking for ways to tick off the fans. Not cool!

Anyway....here is an idea of where they may be going...
What's wrong with Gabe? He looks sick, just like Carl. Are they both bit? Will the doctor and maybe Eugene find a cure? Will Negan's strong fondness of Carl bring them together to find a cure? Or try to find a cure but they'll both die and then everyone will be working together????

Or....are they faking being bit by a walker in hopes to stop the war and bring everyone together? Doubtful since Gimple stated that you can see Carl get bit. So I think it's the theory above. But will they die or be cured????

Gimple was very coy about Carl actually dying. Is it possible he got by a person posing as a walker lol. I mean after the dumpster fiasco, I don't put it past this show to do anything for a gimmick.

Gimple was very coy about Carl actually dying. Is it possible he got by a person posing as a walker lol. I mean after the dumpster fiasco, I don't put it past this show to do anything for a gimmick.

He wasn't very coy in the Talking Dead. He said it was a bite and it would play out like all the other bites but Carl still had a role to play. Chandler Riggs is scheduled to be on the night of the premiere so I would say that would be his last episode.

He wasn't very coy in the Talking Dead. He said it was a bite and it would play out like all the other bites but Carl still had a role to play. Chandler Riggs is scheduled to be on the night of the premiere so I would say that would be his last episode.

See I thought he was. Yes, he said Carl was bit, but when it came to saying he was going to die he didn't seem to want to commit to that. I'm sure it will be a walker bite and he will die, but they could even do the route that Carl is immune. With every disease, virus, plague there is always a certain amount of the population that will be immune. I would hate if they went that way but it is a way to go, could be a way for Eugene to get back in their good graces if Carl turns out to be immune and Eugene could then work on finding a cure with Carl's blood. I know I'm going way out there with this theory lol.

Actually, he said he completely planned to stay on the show and go to school at the same time, and that the decision to kill him off was the show's decision, not his. It was after they told him he would be killed that he decided to take a gap year and do some other things. Apparently, his father is pissed that he was fired.

I know! I read that earlier. The dad was so mad. He said they told Chandler they wanted him for another three years, then they fired him. The dad said he never trusted Gimple or AMC. Yikes.

See I thought he was. Yes, he said Carl was bit, but when it came to saying he was going to die he didn't seem to want to commit to that. I'm sure it will be a walker bite and he will die, but they could even do the route that Carl is immune. With every disease, virus, plague there is always a certain amount of the population that will be immune. I would hate if they went that way but it is a way to go, could be a way for Eugene to get back in their good graces if Carl turns out to be immune and Eugene could then work on finding a cure with Carl's blood. I know I'm going way out there with this theory lol.

You know, I thought Gimple was being wishy washy too. He was talking in circles. There is a theory rolling around about Carl not dying, but I have to figure out the spoiler button LOL.

You know, I thought Gimple was being wishy washy too. He was talking in circles. There is a theory rolling around about Carl not dying, but I have to figure out the spoiler button LOL.

The only thing he wouldn't say was that Carl was going to die, they never do that. He did say in pretty certain terms that it was a bite and it would play out like all other bites. He did say that Carl still had a part to play in the story.

The only thing he wouldn't say was that Carl was going to die, they never do that. He did say in pretty certain terms that it was a bite and it would play out like all other bites. He did say that Carl still had a part to play in the story.

I am sure you are right, I just feel like something is "off." He didn't come out and say, "yes Carl will die in the premier." He started talking in circles and they all started rolling their eyes and saying, "tell us!" Gimple then paused and said the line about the bite playing out like other bites. It was something in the way he said it. Then TD didn't show Carl as dead. Usually they show the death, then name of the dead person will flash on the screen. With Carl they just showed the torso bite, then something came up on scene about how the fans will always love Carl. They did not flash his name up. Presumably one could argue that he is not technically dead, but will die in the premier. I am skeptical until we see him die. Kind of like the Glenn dumpster thing.

One theory is that Carl was bit by a Whisperer., not a walker I guess the Whisperer's are a group we have not met yet that cover themselves with walker goop and move around pretending to be walkers. I'm sure it's not true but it is chatter in the spoiler groups.

I thought Enid and Aaron were just parking there for the night and was going to visit them in the morning.

That could definitely be, and would explain why they were jumpy when that woman came snooping around. They weren't expecting her.

Because Aaron was knocked down by the Grandmother. Enid had no idea who it was, just that someone attacked Aaron so she shot. It would be a very interesting twist though if Enid was in fact working with Negan, who knows maybe she is even his daughter and her real name is Lucille. This is pure speculation by me by the way lo.

Maybe its because she's young or inexperienced, but Enid just shooting that woman immediately with no hesitation seems to deviate from what the rest of the group would do in that situation. Like others they've encountered, they would fire a warning shot or yell for her to put her hands up, etc. They know they were near Oceanside so to just point blank shoot a person near the community they are trying to connect with, when there are very few people left in the world, is pretty risky.

What's wrong with Gabe?

This is a good question. He all of sudden was very sick. I never caught any foreshadowing of him falling ill so when Eugene opened the cell and found him sick, I was confused!

One theory is that Carl was bit by a Whisperer., not a walker I guess the Whisperer's are a group we have not met yet that cover themselves with walker goop and move around pretending to be walkers. I'm sure it's not true but it is chatter in the spoiler groups.

Interesting theory. I would think there would be some foreshadowing of that because otherwise, it would lead to questions of who, where, and when.

I thought Gimple was avoiding saying Carl will die too, although it could be to give us hope that he may not die just to die anyway.
I thought Aaron & Enid did that to draw Oceanside to them. I wouldn't want to go walking towards Oceanside camp when they will just shoot anyone.

While it's been months for us it's been only days or weeks for them. So weight gain won't happen for a while.
I get that - I'm more saying it in relation to the fact that Judith and Carl have aged by months (years) while Maggie looks the same despite being pregnant the entire time. It's seems evident to me that Judith got a year older since Glenn got killed and Maggie gained no weight. I'm honestly not sure how a show that's so enamored with the details is ok with that one. I agree with @phamton that they should have just re-cast her as a younger similar looking child since the timeline is moving so slow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter