The walking dead amc #2

I am an odd one who would rather Darryl go than Maggie. Actually my 5 I hope don't get killed are Glenn, Carl, Carol, Michonne and Maggie. And I get that Rick is probably the ultimate untouchable so he's pretty safe.

That's what I mean about the list of untouchables growing. In addition to the A5, I would also add Michonne and Judith to that list. I would also add Maggie to that list. I think Rosita will go soon, she really does not add much. I also think Abraham could go. I feel Sasha is pretty safe.

Yeah, Carl won me back over in these last few episodes. Haven't liked him this much since the pudding!

I miss you guys already. Should we start an Into the Badlands thread? ;) ;)

This morning on Brighthouse's guide, I went to our AMC channel and scrolled over to 9pm. My husband gave me the side eye and asked what I was doing. I told him I was just checking to make sure there wasn't a surprise new episode on tonight. There wasn't. And then I looked like wdwmom2's photo above. Sigh.

yup. One of the first things I thought of over my morning coffee was that there was no walking dead on tonight (sad I know!) Kind of bummed me out. How will we make it? Valentines day seems so far away..........

I'm just about sure that I heard in, or read, an interview with Robert Kirkman where he said that the only safe character is Judith. All I can find is this article
http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/8-revelations-about-walking-dead-robert-kirkmans-reddit-ama-156423 from March of 2014. Here's where he talks about killing off characters. The other interview I'm thinking of is more recent though.

"Q: How does popularity, if at all, affect the survival rate of characters? Have you ever killed a character just because they were popular and you wanted to shake things up?

A: In my opinion, I feel like characters ripen like fruit. So while I wouldn't say the more popular a character is the more likely they are to die; they do have to reach a certain level of popularity before they've "earned" the death. No character is too popular to die. (Suck it, Reedus!)"

I think that Abraham will die this season, or his death will be the cliffhanger, only because he's finally happy and in The Walking Dead universe that just about means you're going to die soon.

I know there's a saying, "If Daryl dies we riot" but really, if he were to be killed - whether it's by Negan with Lucille or another way - would enough people stop watching to cause the ratings to drastically drop? I don't really know, I'm curious as to what all of you think.

Last edited:
I know there's a saying, "If Daryl dies we riot" but really, if he were to be killed - whether it's by Negan with Lucille or another way - would enough people stop watching to cause the ratings to drastically drop? I don't really know, I'm curious as to what all of you think.

I think the ratings would indeed suffer if Daryl were to die. I've been to several cons where Reedus was in attendance and he has an absolutely enormous following. It's crazy, in fact.

My only untouchables are Rick, Glenn, Daryl, Maggie and Michone. If they told me only 2 would survive the series, Rick and Glenn are my absolute must survivors. I want to put Morgan on the list, but I feel like we kinda already lost him once, or twice - and I'm afraid it'll be to easy for them to off him if I jinx him.

Carl was just far too annoying early on. They've tried to redeem his character, but it'd take a dozen more seasons to offset how much I wanted him to eat it early on.

I do not think they will kill off Daryl. Of course they are going to say "nobody is safe" because they want us to be on the edge of our seats thinking "will they?" I do think the show would suffer, he has an unbelievable following. I think the truly safe ones are: Rick, Daryl, Carl, Carol, Glenn, Maggie and Michonne. Judith as well, but I don't really see her as a big character, she is almost like a prop. I think some others are gaining popularity as well and they need to either kill them off before they become "untouchable" or add them to the list of safe characters. Those are: Sasha, Abraham, Tara and Eugene. I think Rosita will go soon, she adds nothing.

Did anyone see this??

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/12/norman-reedus-bitten-walking-dead-fan/

CVlfTYaUAAA3HbP.jpg

Yeah, Carl won me back over in these last few episodes. Haven't liked him this much since the pudding!

I miss you guys already. Should we start an Into the Badlands thread? ;) ;)
I am watching Badlands. The writing is kinda blech (like a little rushed and not well thought out)...but so was TWD to me at first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter