The walking dead amc #2

I thought the episode was bad, possibly one of the worst so far. I had a feeling after the ludicrous episode of Glenn escaping the dumpster they would be using more ridiculous, convoluted story lines and they sure didn't disappoint. How in the world would they not have just driven both the truck filled with food AND the car back-what, did one of their driver's licenses expire? Wouldn't the first, most important order of business be getting the food back to Alexandria, rather than chasing some stranger down in a field, you know especially since they have been looking for weeks with no success and find a huge supply conveniently already loaded in a truck that conveniently starts on the first try??? I'd also love an explanation into how Jesus (maybe his name should be Houdini) managed to get out of those ropes and onto the top of the truck in less than 60 seconds. Did Rick and Daryl suddenly abandon all of the intelligence and survival instincts that got them where they are now?

Lazy writing and directing all around. I think the show jumped the shark with the Glenn escape and the lame way they tricked everyone and has now continued in the downward spiral, last week's episode aside, which was probably one of the best ever.

This was how my Dh felt too. He knew as soon as the gun went off that it was a trick to steal the truck too. He thought it was a lazy episode. I am more forgiving on this episode the the Glenn survival one. That was was lame for me.

I also kept yelling at the TV, "why are you going after Jesus??? just let him be and drive off."

On the field "chase" scene. I had heard they watched Butch and Sundance to get ready for this episode, and it really felt that way to me. I was VERY ready for lightheartedness after the last few episodes, and I thought it was great.

Yes, it was a tad silly, but it has been two months of quiet for them. They may be relaxing a bit, not to be stupid, but enough to breathe, have a little fun and maybe make a little whoopie.

On that note, I'm ok with Richonne. Not in love other it, but ok with it.

Last edited:
Okay, did anyone notice on The Talking Dead, the commercial for TWD with Michonne and Rick. It looks like a still picture, but their hands slowly go together. They play this commercial several times, not sure if it happens in the first ones, but definitely in the last two.

Shhhhhh! Don't say that out loud!!!! LOL!!!

Did anyone catch the Easter egg that was in the truck when Daryl first opened up the door in the back????

The pasta maker :)

Poor Mrs. Nedermeyer.

Daryl is one character for me that makes the show. I love how much his character has evolved but yet stayed the same during this time.

I'm going to be the odd one out and say I LOVE Richonne! I've been waiting for this forever. There's so much love and respect there, and Michonne is such a good mother figure to Carl.. I think it's wonderful and about darn time!

And last night's ep was ok, a nice break from the tension the week before (I had to take Advil after last week - the stress gave me a headache!). Love Daryl and Rick.

Michonne comic spolier
In the comics Michonne is in a relationship with a guy in the Mountain Top group (I think that's what it's called...I don't read the comics but DD does and tells me stuff) which is the group Jesus is a part of and Michonne sort of becomes a leader of.

When the guys drove the truck away with Jesus left tied up...why did they not watch him in the rearview mirror?
Also on the Talking Dead it was mentioned that the director of this episode was the lady who directs Fear the Walking Dead...her first TWD episode. Maybe she should stick with the other show????

I'm ok with Richonne as well. Last week she was panicked when she said: "He's out there!!! He needs me!!!". Panicked is not an emotion that we've ever really seen with Michonne.

Also, I still say something is sketch with Enid. Last nights episode was full of comic relief from Rickyl, and then the Richonne ending, but I think all of that was a red herring to Enid's story. She's up to something.....

Also, I still say something is sketch with Enid. Last nights episode was full of comic relief from Rickyl, and then the Richonne ending, but I think all of that was a red herring to Enid's story. She's up to something.....
Here is what I think...in the comic
Glenn and Maggie adopt a kid, Carol's DD I think. So I think Enid is the replacement in the show.
And she used to be an angsty teenager without parental supervision but now is settling down with Glenn and Maggie's attention.

I'm going to be the odd one out and say I LOVE Richonne! I've been waiting for this forever. There's so much love and respect there, and Michonne is such a good mother figure to Carl.. I think it's wonderful and about darn time!

And last night's ep was ok, a nice break from the tension the week before (I had to take Advil after last week - the stress gave me a headache!). Love Daryl and Rick.

Well I knew there had to be one in the group! :rotfl2:

When I kept reading about Jesus coming to the show and Jesus being cast, I thought it was pronounced "Hey-zeus" as in the Spanish pronunciation.

I just want to say thanks to all of you using the spoiler button. Certainly appreciate it!

For anyone that didn't watch Talking Dead, Danai Gurira (Michonne) was one of the guests last night and she said it had been 2 months for the characters.

Oh, that makes more sense. I haven't watched Talking Dead yet so I wasn't sure how much time had passed.

When Jesus and Darryl were fighting inside the cab of the truck, one of them hit the shifter so it inadvertently went into reverse. I do think Rick and Darryl looked like rookies with Jesus though. From letting him steal the truck the first time to them chasing him around the field. And just how did Jesus get on the roof so quickly and then manage to stay on the roof. Too much suspension of disbelief.

As far as Rick and Michonne, it will be interesting to see how this plays out as it's not in the comics. I like them both but not sure how I feel about them as a couple yet either.

LOL - yeah, I knew that they hit the shifter. It was just way too coincidental that the truck happened to have been backed up to a lake (of all places, LOL). My first thought was that they would end up getting it stuck in the mud but ending up at the bottom of the lake works too, I guess. ;)

I think they were trying to keep Jesus from taking the wheel......

Bah-dump-dump-DUMP!

:rotfl2:

This is pretty funny. :rotfl:

OMG that was so funny!!

One thing that strikes me when I watch this is Jesus's fall from the roof of the truck. In the clip you just see a beige blip go past the windshield then it cuts to a shot of Jesus standing in front of the truck looking at Rick.

Well on TD, they did this whole thing about shooting that scene. they had multiple people, a stunt double, a huge landing pad, the stunt double holding a strap on the roof etc. Then he dove off, summersaulted, rolled and landed. It was quite spectacular. I wonder why they didn't show any of it on the show. Just the blip of him falling. seems strange to coordinate a complicated stunt then not use it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter