The walking dead amc #2

I haven't caught up on the thread because we were traveling and without internet for the last few days, but I'm guessing by the number of new posts that everyone was as impressed as we were by the finale.

It was just terrible. They spent the whole season building up to this one thing that we all knew was coming and then didn't even follow through. Ending the season with the first blow from Lucille would have left plenty of cliffhanger-suspense, since they were all still in Negan's hands, there'd be the question if the victim lives or dies, and the whole issue of how they're going to deal with this seemingly insurmountable force would be front and center. Instead they went with a cheap filming trick and left the whole thing hanging. It made not only for an unsatisfying finale (and I usually enjoy a good cliffhanger), it made the whole B season feel like very little more than an extended trailer for next fall. Seriously the ONLY thing DD & I liked about the whole episode was Carol & Morgan - seeing Morgan come full circle on what Carol was trying to tell him about needing to kill in defense of those he cares about, and getting the first peak at the next group that we're going to encounter (who we, like all comic fans, are excited to see because of the leader & his companion). But the whole set up with Rick just felt so forced and came to such a lame ending that it leaves little question that this was the weakest season so far.

I really don't think it's Maggie because there is no way Glenn would have been quiet, just like when Negan threatened her earlier Glenn started screaming no. Since we don't hear him, I don't believe it's Maggie. He would have started screaming before she was even hit, we didn't hear anyone, which leads me to believe maybe it's someone no one has a real attachment to, possibly Aaron. Not that they don't like him, but he doesn't have a deep bond with any of them.

I really don't think it's Maggie because there is no way Glenn would have been quiet, just like when Negan threatened her earlier Glenn started screaming no. Since we don't hear him, I don't believe it's Maggie. He would have started screaming before she was even hit, we didn't hear anyone, which leads me to believe maybe it's someone no one has a real attachment to, possibly Aaron. Not that they don't like him, but he doesn't have a deep bond with any of them.

If that's the case it will be a serious disappointment. Talk about wimping out on the part of the writers! I'd forgotten he was there, he's such a non-presence. To kill him off after all the build up might be the only thing that could make the way the finale ended worse than it already is. Plus it would reinforce the idea that the writers are hemmed in by an ever-growing list of "unkillable" characters, which destroys the tension that has made the show what it is.

Can you imagine the producers, petition in hand, heads hung, stepping up to the microphone during a Friday late-afternoon press conference? "It's, um, it's been brought to our attention that the fans want to know who was killed by Negan. It was Glenn. Thank you." *turn to walk away, cameras flashing, reporters shouting questions*

Seriously, what purpose do these fools think signing a petition is going to serve?

Well, I just looked and they have over 3000 signatures. They are asking for either an interim episode to be aired, or a web episode showing the death by May 30th! I am shocked people think this would actually work. Can you see Gimple and Co. scrambling to put together a webisode?

Well, I just looked and they have over 3000 signatures. They are asking for either an interim episode to be aired, or a web episode showing the death by May 30th! I am shocked people think this would actually work. Can you see Gimple and Co. scrambling to put together a webisode?

It wouldn't surprise me if more than a few of the participants in this thread have signed it.

I wonder how many of these people have ever voted, or for that matter, paid taxes.

A petition? Seriously?

What good will that do?

How stupid would it be to announce it at this point? What's done is done. Dh and I are moving on to Fear the Walking Dead now...until TWD returns, that is. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter