THE WAVE BREAKFAST MOVED TO CALIFORNIA GRILL

This is exactly my question! I tried to make a reservation a couple of months ago for the Wave but couldn't. Suddenly I noticed I breakfast only availability. If anyone knows please share the news!

Book the Wave breakfast! My husband and I just booked it we also booked dinner for one of the last days they are open. I am sure - Disney the king of signs for everything - will have signs out in front of the Wave telling you what to do. Nobody know for sure yet since it hasn't started yet however my guess would be we be directed to check in at the CG check in desk then directed to the elevators to go up.

As for those asking about being able to go to the top for fireworks my guess is NO. That is a benefit for those paying a premium at CG - but again that is just my guess.

This is exactly my question! I tried to make a reservation a couple of months ago for the Wave but couldn't. Suddenly I noticed I breakfast only availability. If anyone knows please share the news!

Yes. Breakfast reservations for the Wave available after 7/16 will take place at CA Grill.

If you go online there is a menu for A la carte only.
Yes, but when you go to book, it shows $34.99 for breakfast and lunch, which is really odd. I picked out the eggs benedict for $16 on the a la carte menu, but apparently, if I keep the reservation, I will have to pay $34.99 for whatever I get.

Yes, but when you go to book, it shows $34.99 for breakfast and lunch, which is really odd. I picked out the eggs benedict for $16 on the a la carte menu, but apparently, if I keep the reservation, I will have to pay $34.99 for whatever I get.
Are you talking about the app for pre-order/pick up? (I don't use that function so I don't know) Or are you just going by what the online menu says. I am on the website and menu only shows a la carte pricing and if you go to the Wave main page before you choose menu you see this. Of course - none of us know for sure until they start serving from that location. We have dinner their this week (we are local) and will try to ask how breakfast will work. Worst case is you check in and if you don't like it tell them you can't stay. As long as you check in they normally don't charge you the cancellation fee.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...rt/wave-restaurant-of-american-flavors/menus/

Are you talking about the app for pre-order/pick up? (I don't use that function so I don't know) Or are you just going by what the online menu says. I am on the website and menu only shows a la carte pricing and if you go to the Wave main page before you choose menu you see this. Of course - none of us know for sure until they start serving from that location. We have dinner their this week (we are local) and will try to ask how breakfast will work. Worst case is you check in and if you don't like it tell them you can't stay. As long as you check in they normally don't charge you the cancellation fee.

View attachment 588368

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...rt/wave-restaurant-of-american-flavors/menus/
Thanks for your reply, and offering to find out. I don't use an app or any smart phone. I use desktop and laptop, and apparently the website is different on those from smart phones. Rather ridiculous that they have to have all these different versions. On a laptop or desktop, from Things to Do, click on Make Reservations. Scroll down to the Wave, and click on it. Click on check availability. Make A Reservation box pops up. On the left side of that box, is Meal Periods, with times and prices.

EDIT: my error. Only after posting, I saw it says $15 to $34.99 for breakfast and lunch. But it shows on my screen as: 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM, $15 to
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $34.99 per adult .
I just read or saw the time on first line and $34.99 on second line, and didn't even see the $15 after the time on top line. Sorry, I usually am much more attention to detail.

Last edited:

Thanks for your reply, and offering to find out. I don't use an app or any smart phone. I use desktop and laptop, and apparently the website is different on those from smart phones. Rather ridiculous that they have to have all these different versions. On a laptop or desktop, from Things to Do, click on Make Reservations. Scroll down to the Wave, and click on it. Click on check availability. Make A Reservation box pops up. On the left side of that box, is Meal Periods, with times and prices.

EDIT: my error. Only after posting, I saw it says $15 to $34.99 for breakfast and lunch. But it shows on my screen as: 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM, $15 to
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $34.99 per adult .
I just read or saw the time on first line and $34.99 on second line, and didn't even see the $15 after the time on top line. Sorry, I usually am much more attention to detail.

NO problem - I use a laptop too - I hate that Disney pushes us to be tied to our cells so much so I avoid it Glad you see the price range. If I find out anything when we go to dinner this week I'll be sure to post it so everyone has a better idea.

Exactly! Make reservations at the Wave, and go to CG to enjoy it!

I thought the CG brunch was overrated, but I loved the view in the morning vs. the evening. We're not "get super excited about the fireworks" kind of people.

Would definitely return for this. Never done breakfast at The Wave but all the word of mouth is good.

Looks like the breakfast may only be available through mid September. Today was my 60 day mark and there was not a single breakfast availability for my whole 9 day trip. So I went to one of the sites that sends dining alerts, this one has a calendar and there was nothing at all showing after the 9th.

Those of you that have eaten at The Wave before, are they quick to get you through? If I have a 7:30 AM reservation (that’s when it opens) and we eat quickly, do you think we can be done by 8-8:15 AM to get in front of the rope drop crowd for a 9 AM park opening at MK?

Last edited:
Those of you that have eaten at The Wave before, are they quick to get you through? If I have a 7:30 AM reservation (that’s when it opens) and we eat quickly, do you think we can be done by 8 AM to get in front of the rope drop crowd at MK?
Unless you are doing take out/mobile ordering (if available), given the fact that you are 10 to 15 walking minutes away, I don’t think it’s possible to make MK rope drop by 8:00 AM. Even a monorail ride would be difficult.

Those of you that have eaten at The Wave before, are they quick to get you through? If I have a 7:30 AM reservation (that’s when it opens) and we eat quickly, do you think we can be done by 8 AM to get in front of the rope drop crowd at MK?

You'd have like 10 minutes to eat ... why spend the money to not even enjoy the food?

Unless you are doing take out/mobile ordering (if available), given the fact that you are 10 to 15 walking minutes away, I don’t think it’s possible to make MK rope drop by 8:00 AM. Even a monorail ride would be difficult.
You'd have like 10 minutes to eat ... why spend the money to not even enjoy the food?

Park opens at 9 AM. Was hoping to eat and get a decent spot for rope drop 45ish mins before park opens. Planning on walking over. 7:30 reservation would give us 30-40 mins to eat. Is that doable?

i think you are pushing your luck!

Those of you that have eaten at The Wave before, are they quick to get you through? If I have a 7:30 AM reservation (that’s when it opens) and we eat quickly, do you think we can be done by 8-8:15 AM to get in front of the rope drop crowd for a 9 AM park opening at MK?

The Wave has always been SLOW in my experience. It will be interesting to see if it changes in the new location. In part I believe it's because they staff for a buffet (like pre-covid) but no buffet now...

I thought the CG brunch was overrated, but I loved the view in the morning vs. the evening. We're not "get super excited about the fireworks" kind of people.

Would definitely return for this. Never done breakfast at The Wave but all the word of mouth is good.
What did you think was overrated about CG brunch? I thought it was the best meal we've had at Disney (and of course, all Disney meals are overpriced), but wondering what you didn't like about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter