The Wave?

Zomp

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever eaten at the Wave? We've been to Disney many, many times but have never tried it. Would you eat there or Kona Cafe for dinner?

We've eaten at both and like both. IMHO they're both underrated restaurants. Forced to choose between the two I'd pick Kona--we like that it's in the Poly and we like the fusion/seafood type of menu they serve, but that's not a knock on The Wave. We have both booked for our next trip. Maybe try both and see what you prefer?

They're both two different experiences and cuisines and like the above poster says, both are pretty underrated in my opinion. We love both! In terms of the physical restaurant layout, Kona feels more casual and open, and the Wave is a little "nicer" in that it's not open to the hotel lobby and when we've gone there was a slightly longer wait to get in (note, though, that I haven't been to Kona since prior to the lobby renos, so not sure if it still has that open/casual feeling). Not sure if it was just my perception based on the locations/layout, but Wave also felt like the meal was more "formal" and took a little longer, whereas our Kona experience was a little quicker. Could also have just been a function of the different cuisine types. I definitely recommend trying both if you have time!

We ate at The Wave last trip and really enjoyed it. Haven't been to Kona. Would eat at The Wave over any place in MK though.

It's been a while since we visited Kona, but we enjoyed it the times we ate there (had breakfast and dinner). FWIW, we have dinners booked at both Kona and The Wave for our December trip.

We've eaten at both and I much prefer The Wave! I find the menu to be more interesting and the food is really good! I agree with others, both restaurants are sorely underrated.

I thought the Wave was the best meal we had on our last trip. It was one of the only ADRs available the day we ate there so that's how we ended up there. The atmosphere is just that of a regular restaurant as opposed to being particularly Disney-like. We were ok with that....we just wanted some good food. We also ate at Kona which was fine. Granted I have never done the Signature restaurants.

I am a big fan of the Wave. I don't think it gets enough credit. The atmosphere is great and the service was always excellent every time we went there. I pretty much go there once a trip. I do enjoy Kona as well and I prefer to walk around the Poly more than the Contemporary.

The Wave is truly underrated, and also our favorite breakfast on property (my kids would pick this over ANY other breakfast, with or without characters). Kona is good too, but I just think the Wave is far superior in terms of food quality & service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter