The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took so many great pictures of WBC while I was there last week and want to share them. I uploaded them to photobucket and then I clicked on the little postcard icon above here but can't get the URL from the pic on photobucket to paste in the space. What am I doing wrong?

I used photobucket yesterday to upload pictures here and had trouble at first because it has been a while since I did this.

All I did was upload my pictures from my computer to photobucket. Then you go to the picture you want to post once it is in photobucket. When you select the picture there is a square to the right of the picture that is called share this photo. If you click on the spcae that contains the URL for the third item down that is called IMG code, it will automaticially be copied. the word "copied" will display in yellow briefly. All you then have to do is go to your disboard post and do the command copy.

It will copy the IMG URL for you there. It is not necessary to use the postcard icon above your post at all.

I hope it works for you. I found it very easy.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Are there any websites that you can direct me to so I can see the layout of tower 6?

I want to locate all of the 2 bedroom presidential units as I've heard that most of them face the parking lot.:confused3

We will be staying at BC from Nov 22 - 27. We will have our own car and are more interested in our room being close or convenient to parking (rather than the view or close to pools). Anyone have ideas where we should request our room to be?

766.jpg

Is the last picture of tower 6?

Thanks

We will be staying at BC from Nov 22 - 27. We will have our own car and are more interested in our room being close or convenient to parking (rather than the view or close to pools). Anyone have ideas where we should request our room to be?

Parking for all the Tower buildings are next to each building, so there is some walking included for any/all of them.

The original building (to the right of main building) does have parking right in front of the building, so you might consider that more convenient. Before the Towers went up, we stayed there and had a great view of Epcot at night, but not sure what you would be able to see now?

Truly, even when we were exahusted, we didn't have much of a problem with parking/walking - not at all like most of the Disney resorts.

Thanks

Stayed there in Sept 2010 and looked like this picture. Ours was on 12th floor on the lake side. Beautiful room and amazing view. We get our points from dear friends who are Platinum owners and we checked-in (rather pre-checked) @ 7:15 am on our arrival morning. Perhaps both of those things, along with being there in a slower month, combined to get us the view?

There are parking lots (or garages) behind the buildings, so you won't be far from your car no matter what tower you are in. If you enter the Bonnet Creek address 9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830) in Google or another search engine's map section and select satellite view, you can see the towers and parking lots.

Just returned from WBC on Saturday and had a great trip thanks to all of you on this board. I learned so much from all of you. We stayed in tower 5 on the 13th floor with a lake view. We could see the Tower of Terror from our villa. The villas are very spacious and nicely decorated. We used Garden Grocer to deliver groceries to us and it worked out great.

We ate mostly off of the property and drove to the parks. I would definitely stay at WBC again. The kids enjoyed the lazy river and it looks like the new hotel is going to open later this year. The sign read that there will be 5 new restaurants at the new hotel. I wasn't crazy about the food at the pool bar, it was just ok. So hopefully the new restaurants will be good.

2 Questions....

1. What buildings have 3 bed rooms?
2. Is there any way to have someone going soon or some that may have copies of the resturant menues on site?

There are parking lots (or garages) behind the buildings, so you won't be far from your car no matter what tower you are in. If you enter the Bonnet Creek address 9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830) in Google or another search engine's map section and select satellite view, you can see the towers and parking lots.
Or the same address in Lake Buena Vista, FL.

And for what it's worth, BC was not on my GPS, but when I saved it as a Favorite, it saved itself as Vineland, FL. So one of those should work.

To the basic question of parking -- don't worry about it. It's right there -- generally behind the tower. We were in Tower 4 and parked most of the time in the parking garage which is more or less located right behind Tower 5...maybe a 50 yard walk from Tower 4.

Luggage carts on checkout day, however...:rolleyes1. Apparently some folks sleep with luggage carts.

2 Questions....

2. Is there any way to have someone going soon or some that may have copies of the resturant menues on site?

All the buildings have 3 bedroom condos but only building 6 has 3 bedroom presidential condos. Don't know about the menu's when we were there last time they didn't have a restaurant just a grill that sold hot dogs, hamb etc.

Thanks

That actually looks like a picture of the model of tower 5. With it's placement on the lake and the "cloverleaf" pool you can see almost directly across the lake, The positioning definately makes me think Tower 5 instead of Tower 6.

2 Questions....

1. As someone else mentioned, all the buildings have some 3bdrm units in them.

2. There REALLY isn't much to see. Bar food at the 2 pool bars... which mean burgers, sandwiches, wraps... the little snack shop in the main building (burgers, sandwiches, wraps)... and you can order pizza from the onsite bar/restaurant. There isn't a whole lot of variety currently on the onsite food options. However, that is subject to change when the new hotel opens.

That actually looks like a picture of the model of tower 5. With it's placement on the lake and the "cloverleaf" pool you can see almost directly across the lake, The positioning definately makes me think Tower 5 instead of Tower 6.

1. As someone else mentioned, all the buildings have some 3bdrm units in them.

2. There REALLY isn't much to see. Bar food at the 2 pool bars... which mean burgers, sandwiches, wraps... the little snack shop in the main building (burgers, sandwiches, wraps)... and you can order pizza from the onsite bar/restaurant. There isn't a whole lot of variety currently on the onsite food options. However, that is subject to change when the new hotel opens.

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know where I can view decent pictures of tower 6? I am trying to find the location of my room.

Many thanks :goodvibes

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know where I can view decent pictures of tower 6? I am trying to find the location of my room.

Many thanks :goodvibes

They are around. I think I've seen them on some thread around here, but sadly can't point you directly to them.

The building is located just to the left of the Tower 5 in that model picture you posted... directly across the lake from the main lobby building.

J And for what it's worth said:
Not on ours either. We had to plug in Downtown Disney & just went past it to Chelonia Drive where the WBC main sign is on the left.

We are here now and it's raining today so I have a few minutes to post a few things :)

If you have small kids, you may want to bring styrofoam bowls & plates for them as the ones they have here are VERY large and heavy for children. Also, someone said #4 cone shaped filters for the coffee pot...ours used basket filters. I would bring those as you can make them work in either. We found the water to be a little distasteful for drinking & making coffee so we picked up a couple gallons of drinking water (it's not horrible, just not what we are used to).
The new summer activities schedule came out today. Haven't gotten one yet, but I'll try to remember to bring one home & scan it.

We haven't eaten in any of the eateries on the property but when we went to the pirate ship pool by building, next to the bar they had Hot Dogs or hamburgers with chips & a drink for $6-7 (you have to pay at the bar, but that was the price the guy handling them told me). I thought that was a decent deal.

Oh & the little info booklet they give you at check-in states clearly that all the pools are OPEN FROM 8AM-12 MIDNIGHT, so that should clear up that often debated question :rotfl2:

At the parking pass desk, they gave us several nice little gift bags with razors (not disposable!), & several other kinds of samples in them. Very nice!

For chess players, there are 2 chess boards across from the activity desk & a huge "Lifesize" one at the play ground by building 1. My 7 year old loved playing with her dad every day & we brought our own chess set unnecessarily.

If you need to print something while you are here, you can email it to yourself & log into your email at the computers in the activity room & print from there.

If you plan on grilling while you are here, stop by your local dollar store before you go or walmart here and pick up some foil disposable pans to bring your cooked food back up to eat or for your leftovers. All the stuff in the kitchens are glass and the foil pans came in very handy.

I can't say enough about how wonderful this resort is. Do yourself (& your kids) a favor and DON'T overbook yourself at the parks. Your kids will be miserable if you spend all that money for 5 day passes and make them leave WBC every day for the parks when they would be just as happy (or happier) relaxing here at the resort :) We did just 2 days at the parks this trip and are SO glad to have had 3 full days to just relax here in the pools and enjoy all the wonderful activities they have here for the whole family! We plan on coming back next time & skipping the parks altogether :)

Well, that's all for now...the rain is almost passed--yay!!! Hopefully I have "payed it forward" a bit and added some information to this wonderful thread.

Do you mind sharing what incentives/gifts they are offering at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in exchange for attending the time share presentation? I am specifically curious what % discount they might be offering on park tickets if you do agree to attend. Any info would be appreciated!

Do you mind sharing what incentives/gifts they are offering at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in exchange for attending the time share presentation? I am specifically curious what % discount they might be offering on park tickets if you do agree to attend. Any info would be appreciated!

If you click back on my last 2 posts, I mentioned the offer they hung on our door. I did not get any offers on park tickets. They did ask me at the desk if we had our tickets, which we did, so they didn't offer us that...sorry! I think the longer you hold out the better the offers are, but we aren't interested regardless (unless they offer us a cool million :rotfl2: ) Then I think I would bite!

At the parking pass desk, they gave us several nice little gift bags with razors (not disposable!)
Those are provided so you can slash your wrists if you go to the sales weasel presentation and BUY!

Just so you know, you can buy Wyndham timeshare points on eBay for $1 plus closing (and in some cases, with free closing). [ETA: Not talking about $1/1 point -- I mean $1 TOTAL for several hundred THOUSAND Wyndham points.]

Before anyone buys ANY timeshare (including DVC) they should do a LOT of research, especially about buying on the resale market.

I can't say enough about how wonderful this resort is. Do yourself (& your kids) a favor and DON'T overbook yourself at the parks. Your kids will be miserable if you spend all that money for 5 day passes and make them leave WBC every day for the parks when they would be just as happy (or happier) relaxing here at the resort :) We did just 2 days at the parks this trip and are SO glad to have had 3 full days to just relax here in the pools and enjoy all the wonderful activities they have here for the whole family! We plan on coming back next time & skipping the parks altogether :)
Great advice. We just did 5 1/2 days, but spent 4 days at Disney. We had a great time, as always, but the one full day at WBC was a real highlight.

All of our trips from now on are going to be a full week, probably with no more than 3 days at WDW parks.

I recently stumbled upon this website and have been reading this whole thread (long!) but loving it! We are staying at WBC in September with our almost 4 yr old twin boys. I'm SO excited after reading all the reviews and thoughts. This will be the boys first trip to Disney! Can't wait!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter