The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Do all Presidentials have balconies? I have read that some condos do not have a balcony so to be sure if that is important to ask for one. If all Pres have them, then I don't need to ask. Has anyone experienced reserving a presidential and given a deluxe instead? Maybe I won't get the "pres. reserve" but I sure would like to make sure I get the Pres. I spent a little more to have the Pres. vs. Deluxe. Thanks for your response Spanky!

We just returned from WBC and I wanted to take a moment to let the person who posted a while back requesting info about booking with Megan Bailey at Endless Escapes know that we did book with her and everything went very smoothly. Megan was very knowledgeable about the resort and I would book with her again. I called WBC about three days before leaving to check that our reservation was on their books and it was. They even linked my two reservations together at that time ( we were staying for ten nights so it had to be split into two reservations since they normally book by the week). Check in went fast and we had no problems getting a parking pass, no heavy sales pitches or anything. Building six seemed to be open from the renovations as I saw people on balconies from time to time but the parking deck was partly blocked off between towers five and six. We were in tower five, room 283 overlooking the entrance of the lazy river. Its considered lake front but being on the second floor we couldn't see the lake. It was very tropical though and not as hot as the higher unprotected floors. The only down side for us was all the very young kids turned loose in the "lazy river". They were jumping rom the walls and a big egg-shaped rock and swimming and snorkeling between tubes. Many people were complaining about it but I never saw anyone do anything to stop them even though the rule sign says no one under 14 yrs. without supervision and every one is to be on a tube. The fireworks from the top floor balcony in tower 1 was nice and we loved the mini golf. There were quite a few other activities that we didn't participate in.
We went to all the Disney parks and to Universal. If I had to do it again I would skip Universal. We hated having to wait in a line to get a locker for most big rides and even go through metal detectors on several. And then several rides broke down while we were in line.
Anyways, to those who are still looking for a place to stay off site but close to everything Disney. WBC is great. We really loved the resort.

For those that have stayed at WBC and visited Disney, how feasible is it to return to the condos for a mid day break and then head back to the parks for the evening? Or is it more of a hassle..... Kids are 3 & 5. Thanks!
It is quite easy to return for a mid day break. We went early in the morning and left the parks by noon as it was too hot and crowded. We would then Return and use our fast passes for the evening and watch fireworks. I can't imagine being in the parks all day long but everyone is different

what is the most effective way to make building location requests? At check-in, call ahead of arriving, can broker make requests on your behalf when booking reservation?

what is the most effective way to make building location requests? At check-in, call ahead of arriving, can broker make requests on your behalf when booking reservation?

They technically don't take room requests but you can try to ask nicely when checking in.

Anyone have any estimates on a per night cost for a 1 or 2 BR? We're looking to go for 10 nights at the end of May 2016/beginning of June 2016 and are trying to set a budget. Thanks!

Anyone have any estimates on a per night cost for a 1 or 2 BR? We're looking to go for 10 nights at the end of May 2016/beginning of June 2016 and are trying to set a budget. Thanks!
Vacation Strategy will give you pricing now, but can't book it until 10 months out. I emailed them last night for an October 2016 stay and got a call this morning with a quote. VS pricing was better than what VU had listed on their chart.

Vacation Strategy will give you pricing now, but can't book it until 10 months out. I emailed them last night for an October 2016 stay and got a call this morning with a quote. VS pricing was better than what VU had listed on their chart.

Agreed, we used VS as well :-)

You can look at the completed listings in Ebay to see what its been renting for this year.

You can also try sending a message to the ebay seller winpointvip (I think.) I bought my week through him on ebay. His name is Michael Sullivan. I was very pleased with his prices and service. He responded to all of my emails and messages within 30 minutes and even gave me his number for texting. I haven't actually gone on my trip yet, but I have called Wyndham and they have my name and the room info and dates correct. Just thought I'd give you an additional option to those previously posted.

We just got back from our 8 night stay at WBC and all I can say is WOW!!! Why did it take me this long to give it a try? We all fell in love with it from the very first day!

I checked in early on June 20th. I asked for a lake view and I was shocked when he said our condo was a lake & firework view and it was READY!! We were in building 3 room 758. The 2 bedroom condo was spotless and just beautiful. My husband was so happy since he is not a Disney freak like the rest of us and he spends more time at the resort. This was so much more comfortable for him on his down days.

I think we have found our new home while visiting Walt Disney World. None of us missed the Disney resorts. We truly loved having so much space and driving was no problem at all. We love the location of WBC also. It's located in a perfect area!

Thanks to those who answered all of my crazy questions! Everything was fantastic!!

Kristi - Wyndham Bonnet Creek has neither parking or resort fees. Maybe you won for the Wyndham Grand hotel?

klcrawford - it is very easy to return to the condo for a break. Animal Kingdom is the farthest away. Come back for a swim or naps - it will really revive everyone. Plus a break from the over stimulation.
You are correct, its for the hotel.... Is that in the same area thou? Still would like to get rid of it...

Yes, Wyndham Bonnet Creek Grand hotel is located in the middle of the property with 3 high rise condos on each side of the hotel. The hotel has a shuttle included in the resort fee and a daily parking charge. You are free to use any of the swimming pools. It is a great location for visiting the Disney parks.

Has anyone not even bothered getting the parking pass? We've stayed 4 or 5 times and always get the parking pass, but I don't know that we even put ours in the windshield last time, and no one ever said anything. It seems as though its just a way to get your contact info and pitch you. And the pitch last time was pretty hard and annoying.

Has anyone not even bothered getting the parking pass? We've stayed 4 or 5 times and always get the parking pass, but I don't know that we even put ours in the windshield last time, and no one ever said anything. It seems as though its just a way to get your contact info and pitch you. And the pitch last time was pretty hard and annoying.
We've only stayed once (this last May). Fortunately, when we checked in, the people at check in didn't direct us over to the "parking desk" so we never even stopped by to get a parking pass. And then for the duration of our vacation, we drove in and out of the resort a couple of times a day and only had to use our room key at the Guard House (usually the nice lady just waved us through). We never had a parking pass displayed in our car as it was parked in the parking lot behind our building (Building One) and it never seemed to matter. Some people had them displayed and some people didn't.

We have stayed there three times and NEVER got a parking pass. Never needed one.

We've only stayed once (this last May). Fortunately, when we checked in, the people at check in didn't direct us over to the "parking desk" so we never even stopped by to get a parking pass. And then for the duration of our vacation, we drove in and out of the resort a couple of times a day and only had to use our room key at the Guard House (usually the nice lady just waved us through). We never had a parking pass displayed in our car as it was parked in the parking lot behind our building (Building One) and it never seemed to matter. Some people had them displayed and some people didn't.

We have stayed there three times and NEVER got a parking pass. Never needed one.

Exactly what I was thinking! Thanks for the quick replies.

question about 2 bedroom deluxe... is door to balcony a sliding glass door , or a regular door. I need to figure out a way to keep my grandson inside when we are not out there ... sliding would be easy fix... regular i will have to purchase alarm or something

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter