The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I'm staying at Bonnet Creek in November, when was the last time they refurbished? I stayed there a couple years ago and while we were in a presidential unit & it was nice, the bedding was uncomfortable & things just needed some updating/refreshing.

This time we're in a regular unit.

I'm staying at Bonnet Creek in November, when was the last time they refurbished? I stayed there a couple years ago and while we were in a presidential unit & it was nice, the bedding was uncomfortable & things just needed some updating/refreshing.

This time we're in a regular unit.
Based on your signature, they have refurbished since your last stay if you were there in 2012. If I remember right it was 2013 they finished up with tower 6 and we were just there for a a few nights last September and my parents were in tower 6 and loved the bedding and had no problems. I personally didn't stay this time since we had a great rate at AKL so we stayed there with the kids while my parents stayed at WBC.

But we have 2 2BR units booked here in a few weeks (checking in 8/13) so I can report back if we get Tower 6 on the status, but of course it will be a deluxe since this was a last minute trip and all the presidential units were gone.

We are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort next month.

Has anyone successfully stayed there and used Uber for drop-offs and pick-ups at the park? Also, did you still have to pay the $17 daily parking fee at the parks with this method?

Thanks!

Uber would drop you off at the same location as taxi - right outside of the TTC. You would still need to use the monorail or boat to reach the Magic Kingdom. They do not have to pay the $17 parking fee - instead you go to the far right entrance hut and they are waved through to go down the road and turn left at the light to reach the drop off area. This is the same location you will be picked up unless you walk to Contemporary Resort to catch a taxi - no monorail or boat necessary which is great if you leave the park at closing time

We are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort next month.

Has anyone successfully stayed there and used Uber for drop-offs and pick-ups at the park? Also, did you still have to pay the $17 daily parking fee at the parks with this method?

Thanks!

We ultimately settled for paying $17 a day for parking at each park. Going in, I knew this was probably what we'd have to do but I did everything I could think of to try and come up with a better solution.

The WBC does have a shuttle but it's extremely inconvenient. 1) It charges $7 per person (round trip) so if you have 2 people you're only saving $3 and you're obviously losing money if you have a larger party. 2) You have to make a shuttle reservation no more than 24 hours in advance... IN PERSON... FROM ONLY 9am-5pm AT THEIR DESK. This means that if you're in a park all day, you have absolutely no chance at making a reservation for the following day unless you come back to the hotel mid-day which you can't because, 3) they only have limited morning drop off times (after rope drop if I remember correctly) and limited pick up times. All in all it's the most inconvenient shuttle plan I've ever experienced and I told them that when they explained it to me.

I also tried to google earth the area to see if we could walk over to Caribbean and sneak aboard their bus. Sadly this just isn't possible. Disney clearly thought this through and made it very difficult. Once we got there and saw the area we realized it wasn't worth it to try and walk around the large florida swap and high disney fences to maybe sneak past the gate guard.

We didn't think of Uber but even then I'd be worried about exiting the park at the end of the night and not being able to find anyone. Spending the $17 a day does sound disappointing but it gives you all the flexibility you need and no worries.

What is the best way to get to MK for pre-rd adr in the MK from WBC? We will have our own car, but I just wasn't sure if parking at the ttc and riding the boat over is the quickest option. Reading mixed options about using the valet at the CR and walking over. That seems like it would be quickest, but is it still an option? If not, what's the next best way? Can uber take us to the main gate?
CR valet parking eliminates the need for the boat or monorail. Uber would drop you off at the TTC just like a taxi so not any closer than your own car. We went one year for a breakfast before rope drop and did not have to pay for parking - it was so early they were not yet staffed at the entrance huts. The regular monorail and boat were not yet running so we just walked to TTC from our front row parking space and used the resort monorail to reach the MK.

Thanks for explaining this! Was thinking Uber could drop off at the CR and we could walk, darn!
How long does it take to get from WBC to TTC? And how long does it take to get from the TTC parking lot to the front gate?

We drove to the parks each day and it really is easy with the exception of MK. To be honest, we drove the parks a lot even while staying at the Disney resorts because most of the time its just faster.

It takes about 10 minutes to get from WBC to the TTC. Then it takes about 15 minutes or so to get to the front gate using the Monorail or Ferry. Allow for more time though because in my mind it took forever. The Monorail was down most of the time we needed it. Seriously it was down 5 out of the 6 times we wanted to use it. (3 weeks ago)

• But we have 2 2BR units booked here in a few weeks (checking in 8/13) so I can report back if we get Tower 6 on the status, but of course it will be a deluxe since this was a last minute trip and all the presidential units were gone.
Thanks, I'd appreciate the update when you return. We're also in a deluxe unit this time.

We drove to the parks each day and it really is easy with the exception of MK. To be honest, we drove the parks a lot even while staying at the Disney resorts because most of the time its just faster.

It takes about 10 minutes to get from WBC to the TTC. Then it takes about 15 minutes or so to get to the front gate using the Monorail or Ferry. Allow for more time though because in my mind it took forever. The Monorail was down most of the time we needed it. Seriously it was down 5 out of the 6 times we wanted to use it. (3 weeks ago)
Thanks for the info! Just what I needed to know. Wish MK was easier. Wanting to take midday breaks, but it may be too much of a hassle there.

Thanks for the info! Just what I needed to know. Wish MK was easier. Wanting to take midday breaks, but it may be too much of a hassle there.

We still took breaks because it was so very hot and I had my 21 month old grandson with us who needed a good nap to make it late at night. Going back to WBC was so nice and relaxing too.

I asked Disney about valet parking and we actually ended up doing just that for the next two days there at MK. I valet parked at the Contemporary Resort. It's $20. plus tip however its good at any resort for 24 hours. So I paid $20 instead of $17 and avoided the TTC. I tipped $5 for our afternoon break & $5 at night when leaving. It was worth it to me and like I said Disney gave us the Okay. It's still a good walk to MK, the monorail was down, and I don't know that we saved much time but it was easier. If you are doing a meal there anyway, thats what I would do for sure. When I asked in a Facebook group prior to checking with Disney even CMs in that group said it was fine, but there was one person who gave me a hard time. She said I was "lazy" and that it should be for resort guests only. lol Thats not at all why we did it. I may have even walked more doing it, but my grandson was terrified on the ferry with people falling onto his stroller, pushing, it was so hot and really no room to even breath. I just couldn't do it to him again. Had it just been me and my older children we could have certainly managed, but is was little and panicked. It's just another option for you. Like I said, if my children were older I wouldn't have given the ferry another thought. We have done it many times without issue but while the monorail is having these issues you may want to consider it.

That is great to know! We have resies on night at CM and then the Pirates and Pals cruise and I asked the CM when I booked the resies if we can park there in the morning and then our car will already be there at the end of a long day. She stated that it was too long of a time frame and not able to do so. So, I am happy that were able to do and I think that is what we are going to do.

That is great to know! We have resies on night at CM and then the Pirates and Pals cruise and I asked the CM when I booked the resies if we can park there in the morning and then our car will already be there at the end of a long day. She stated that it was too long of a time frame and not able to do so. So, I am happy that were able to do and I think that is what we are going to do.

Yes, we have driven for dinner and just parked there before and then actually moved our car to the MK parking lot after dinner. Had I asked about valet parking then I would have known for this trip. You can't just park there, but you can valet park.

We still took breaks because it was so very hot and I had my 21 month old grandson with us who needed a good nap to make it late at night. Going back to WBC was so nice and relaxing too.

I asked Disney about valet parking and we actually ended up doing just that for the next two days there at MK. I valet parked at the Contemporary Resort. It's $20. plus tip however its good at any resort for 24 hours. So I paid $20 instead of $17 and avoided the TTC. I tipped $5 for our afternoon break & $5 at night when leaving. It was worth it to me and like I said Disney gave us the Okay. It's still a good walk to MK, the monorail was down, and I don't know that we saved much time but it was easier. If you are doing a meal there anyway, thats what I would do for sure. When I asked in a Facebook group prior to checking with Disney even CMs in that group said it was fine, but there was one person who gave me a hard time. She said I was "lazy" and that it should be for resort guests only. lol Thats not at all why we did it. I may have even walked more doing it, but my grandson was terrified on the ferry with people falling onto his stroller, pushing, it was so hot and really no room to even breath. I just couldn't do it to him again. Had it just been me and my older children we could have certainly managed, but is was little and panicked. It's just another option for you. Like I said, if my children were older I wouldn't have given the ferry another thought. We have done it many times without issue but while the monorail is having these issues you may want to consider it.

Been wondering about that too! Reading different things about that like they are a little less likely to let you do this early in the a.m., which is when we would need it, for a BoG breakfast, and that you should allow time to get to the TTC in case they turn you away. Kind of defeats the purpose if we are trying to save time. Glad it worked out so well for you, does sound easier! The monorail sounds awful! If we are leaving the parks midday, and returning early evening, then we wouldn't have the car there for the entire day though. At least the day would be broken up.

Been wondering about that too! Reading different things about that like they are a little less likely to let you do this early in the a.m., which is when we would need it, for a BoG breakfast, and that you should allow time to get to the TTC in case they turn you away. Kind of defeats the purpose if we are trying to save time. Glad it worked out so well for you, does sound easier! The monorail sounds awful! If we are leaving the parks midday, and returning early evening, then we wouldn't have the car there for the entire day though. At least the day would be broken up.

We got there before park opening both days that we valet parked and we did not have a single issue. I pulled up to the attendant and told them that I wanted to valet park, I showed them my ID and they sent me on my may with no questions asked. I did this twice.

They said that the valet parking was good for 24 hours at any Disney Resort. We went to DTD and I thought I might could use the pass to valet park there too but they do not accept it. We just parked in the garage and it was fine.

Valet parking at CR with small children & a stroller is the way to go at MK. No need to fold up the stroller until you reach the car. Valet turns on ac when they bring the car so it has already started cooling off. You avoid the crush to board the boat or monorail as you strol over to CR. We have done it for many years. I have not tried to do it at Christmas time.

We got there before park opening both days that we valet parked and we did not have a single issue. I pulled up to the attendant and told them that I wanted to valet park, I showed them my ID and they sent me on my may with no questions asked. I did this twice.

They said that the valet parking was good for 24 hours at any Disney Resort. We went to DTD and I thought I might could use the pass to valet park there too but they do not accept it. We just parked in the garage and it was fine.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Glad it worked so well! May give it a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter