The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Here now and used UBer to go to pop century this morning and then hopped on there bus to go to Magic Kingdom.. It cost 5.10 before I thru in tip.
Then tonight we took uber from Poly to Wyndham Bonnet Creek and it was 8.41 before tip.
I was very pleased with promptness and ease of using Uber. Will be using the rest of my trip.

Did I see that you're a family of 5? And you could all fit in an Uber car?

I'm unsure if we'll go off site again, driving to and from MK/TTC was enough to make me lose it (waited over 40 mins to get on a ferry to the TTC and that was BEFORE Wishes). If we do ever go off site again we'll be coming back to WBC.

What was bad a about the drive to MK/TTC, specifically? We're going next month and were planning on driving from WBC to the parks

Did I see that you're a family of 5? And you could all fit in an Uber car?

We are a family of five but my youngest did not make the trip this time.. Unfortunately Disney is no longer something she enjoys as her dislike of noise and crowds has gotten too a difficult level, if she goes we bring our wheelchair accessible van so we have not tried Uber as a group of five but we were given the option of UberXL

We are flying in this Monday. It is my wife, myself, and our two children ages two years and five months. We rented a two-bedroom deluxe. We would like a room not on the first floor, overlooking the lake, near children friendly pools, possibly near the miniature golf, my wife likes the lazy river... What building should we request upon arrival in order to satisfy the majority or all of those things. Also, is there a way to satisfy all of those things, the Lakeview, and still see the fireworks? thank you so much!

Seriously thinking of staying at WBC again, in August 2016 if we can pull it off financially. We are getting a little turned off of Disney itself, we hate magic bands. So we are thinking a cruise, Universal and Discovery Cove trip. We have always stayed in building 5 (3 trips) but, I would like to go deluxe this trip, money may make this not possible. The luxury problem may be that we have to do a Disney trip in February for a sporting event and that will hurt our family trip options. My youngest DD has been campaigning hard for a family trip. She has done a 100 post its, with reasons why should go to Disney and put them all over the house where I will find them. This is especially cute because she is a teen and not the norm for behavior. I will be going up the stairs and there will be one on each stair, I open up the medicine cabinet there is one, pull down the shade there is one, open my sock drawer and there is one...Disney magic.

Is anyone at Bonnet Creek now and know if tower 6 pool is opened during the renovations @ tower 6. I wanted tower 6 for our trip in october but with it being closed sept-nov Im hoping to get tower 5 instead.

Is anyone at Bonnet Creek now and know if tower 6 pool is opened during the renovations @ tower 6. I wanted tower 6 for our trip in october but with it being closed sept-nov Im hoping to get tower 5 instead.

It was open 9/4/15 and Tower 6 was open as well.

We are going for our second WBC trip in December (myself, DW, DS9 AND DS7). I don't know which tower I would want. What towers do people request and why?

Thank you in advance!

What was bad a about the drive to MK/TTC, specifically? We're going next month and were planning on driving from WBC to the parks

The fact that it took easily 3x's the time to get from our car to the park gate than any other park. The TTC is awful, and the monorails were often "down". Leaving MK at night -- even before Wishes -- was a disaster. We had to wait for 3 full ferry's before we could get on. Next time I might take the OPs reccomendation and park at Epcot and use the monorail to get to MK.

Every other park was great, but getting to and from MK really put a damper on the trip.

The fact that it took easily 3x's the time to get from our car to the park gate than any other park. The TTC is awful, and the monorails were often "down". Leaving MK at night -- even before Wishes -- was a disaster. We had to wait for 3 full ferry's before we could get on. Next time I might take the OPs reccomendation and park at Epcot and use the monorail to get to MK.

Every other park was great, but getting to and from MK really put a damper on the trip.

We are going next week and that is what we are planning on doing, parking at Epcot and taking monorail to MK. :)

Monorail from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom only works if you leave the Magic Kingdom no later than 9:30pm. An hour after Epcot closes at 9pm the monorail should stop running. Maybe if Epcot is open late for resort guests it might run later but Disney could just add buses to the monorail resorts from Epcot and shut down the monorail.

Monorail from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom only works if you leave the Magic Kingdom no later than 9:30pm. An hour after Epcot closes at 9pm the monorail should stop running. Maybe if Epcot is open late for resort guests it might run later but Disney could just add buses to the monorail resorts from Epcot and shut down the monorail.

Thanks for the tip! My DH will never make it to park closing at MK so I am sure he will retrieve the car by then lol! Then DD25 and I can Uber it back to Bonnet Creek. :)

However the monorail from Epcot still puts you in the middle of the TTC mess. Waiting for a ferry or monorail to the park. If the goal is to miss TTC then park at DHS and catch the bus to a contemporary hotel and walk to the MK entrance. When you husband leaves he can catch the contemporary bus back to DHS to get the car. Seems like a lot of work just to miss the TTC.

However the monorail from Epcot still puts you in the middle of the TTC mess. Waiting for a ferry or monorail to the park. If the goal is to miss TTC then park at DHS and catch the bus to a contemporary hotel and walk to the MK entrance. When you husband leaves he can catch the contemporary bus back to DHS to get the car. Seems like a lot of work just to miss the TTC.

Ugh, you are right! But my DD gets super nauseas on boats and can't ride the ferry. I'm getting tired just thinking about it now. How are the lines for the monorail from TTC to MK?

Here now and used UBer to go to pop century this morning and then hopped on there bus to go to Magic Kingdom.. It cost 5.10 before I thru in tip.
Then tonight we took uber from Poly to Wyndham Bonnet Creek and it was 8.41 before tip.
I was very pleased with promptness and ease of using Uber. Will be using the rest of my trip.

To add to my past post we also used Uber to Hollywood Studios from Wyndam Bonnet Creek this morning and it was $4.71 before tip

Thanks MandM... We used it exclusively in Dallas a few months back and it was amazing, they don't have it up on the East Coast of Canada and I've read some mixed reviews about using at Disney, but I'm glad I can.. much better deal

Seriously thinking of staying at WBC again, in August 2016 if we can pull it off financially. We are getting a little turned off of Disney itself, we hate magic bands. So we are thinking a cruise, Universal and Discovery Cove trip. We have always stayed in building 5 (3 trips) but, I would like to go deluxe this trip, money may make this not possible. The luxury problem may be that we have to do a Disney trip in February for a sporting event and that will hurt our family trip options. My youngest DD has been campaigning hard for a family trip. She has done a 100 post its, with reasons why should go to Disney and put them all over the house where I will find them. This is especially cute because she is a teen and not the norm for behavior. I will be going up the stairs and there will be one on each stair, I open up the medicine cabinet there is one, pull down the shade there is one, open my sock drawer and there is one...Disney magic.

We are in a similiar situation we realy wanted another vacation and financially we could not afford a full disney vacation. Lucky for me my sister is an owner at WBC and offered us a week for free. But financially we weren't in a spot to do a full disney trip and to be quite honest even Discovery Cove is more than i want to spend right now (even though i dream of visiting) so we decided to take her up on the offer and are getting season passes to the Disney water parks for our family of 4 its under $500 for the week and we are hoping to come back next summer. My boys will love the water parks and will be happy to go there everyday. I plan on visiting some hotels in the evening for some fun adventures. We are planning on eating most of our meals in our room to save some money too. I even got my flights using FF miles. we are traveling 2 different airlines but it worked out. So far for room and flights i have spent $68.73. Hope you make in in 2016!

We are flying in this Monday. It is my wife, myself, and our two children ages two years and five months. We rented a two-bedroom deluxe. We would like a room not on the first floor, overlooking the lake, near children friendly pools, possibly near the miniature golf, my wife likes the lazy river... What building should we request upon arrival in order to satisfy the majority or all of those things. Also, is there a way to satisfy all of those things, the Lakeview, and still see the fireworks? thank you so much!
We stayed in Tower One with the lake view and loved it. We were on the third floor. We could walk across to the main building to use their pool and lazy river as well as their great kiddie spray/splash area. There was a playground right outside tower one and mini golf adjacent to us. Loved the location!

Hi, I'm having trouble finding out where the fitness centers are at WBC. Does each building have its own center? Or is it within walking distance of another building?

Hi, I'm having trouble finding out where the fitness centers are at WBC. Does each building have its own center? Or is it within walking distance of another building?

The fitness center is located in the Main Building where you check in. On the map the building is called Puerto de Leon. I posted a picture of the map and legend on the thread for WBC pictures a few months ago - I think that it's useful for those of us who are newbies (I went for the first time in May).

There is a fitness center in the main building, in tower 6 and in the Wyndham Grand hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter