The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We are here now. Is the WiFi really bad? They gave me a card with a code, but have never been asked to enter. Pages load in 5 min or so. Maybe just me?

We are here now. Is the WiFi really bad? They gave me a card with a code, but have never been asked to enter. Pages load in 5 min or so. Maybe just me?
I'm here now too. I'm in Tower 6 and the wifi is great. I use it to stream Netflix and for Zoom calls with no issues.

I'm here now too. I'm in Tower 6 and the wifi is great. I use it to stream Netflix and for Zoom calls with no issues.
If possible, can one of you post the activities calendar? We will be “home” next month and interested to know what they’re offering.
Thanks-have a great trip!

Can you scan and post the activity schedule when you have a chance? Curious about what they have going on these days. Thanks.
Most people probably get info about resort activities and schedule from the resort TV channel. When we were there earlier this month, the website said "Resort Activities" are temporarily closed. However, the Activities desk in the main building was actually staffed until 10 p.m., even on weeknights. They provided pool towels, took reservation requests/provided equipment for some activities, like mini golf & ping pong, sold craft kits for your room, and gave out paper weekly activity schedules. So this may mean the indoor group activities are not happening - crafts in groups, card game tournaments, etc.

The Activities attendant mentioned that the playground is closed currently for renovation. We briefly looked at the activity schedule. While it was much more limited than we've seen prior to Covid, we did notice outdoor bingo and an outdoor animal demonstration were on the schedule. Our DDIL said that the Glow Golf looked really fun... and popular.

The timeshare resort phone # is (407) 238-3500. Ask for the Activities desk. They may be able to email you a scanned activity schedule.

Is the fitness center still closed?
Per the Club Wyndham website (for their timeshare owners):

"The following amenities are temporarily closed in order to practice safe social distancing measures:
  • Spas
  • Tower 6 pool (from Mon -Thurs)
  • Resort Activities
  • Village Center Fitness Center
  • Recreation Room
  • Resort Transportation between towers
  • Fire Pit
  • Children's Playground
  • Presidential Reserve Owner Lounge"
Other amenities are all open. "Spas" = hot tubs. Some of these amenities may be open on a limited basis (such as Bell Services bringing you to another Tower at check-in/out).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Per the Wyndham Grand Orlando website FAQ (for hotel guests on shared property with Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek):

"The Fitness Center will operate with limited capacity from 7 AM to 10 PM. For access, please stop by the Hotel Front Desk."

The hotel phone # is (407) 390-2300. They may be able to tell you more.

Does anyone have a clever way of using a Fire Stick with the TV in the LR and being able to plug the cord for the into the outlet?
With the TV set up in the corner on the shelving unit/TV stand, there's no way of moving it to get to the outlet to plug it in.

Any ideas?

I'm asking this as a solo traveler whose first stay at BC was the 2nd week in November where it rained every darn day and my only TV options were the resort's cable. I watched MANY movies on TCM that trip!

Hot tubs are all closed. They have started doing some group activities. All of the pools, mini-golf, shuffle board, etc are open, but you have to get a reservation for everything except the pool (learned the hard way, after we left MK early to come play mini-golf and weren't allowed to, to the great disappointment of my 4 yo).

Supposedly, the hotel hot tub is open, but I've never seen that pool actually open. I've only been by it at night, after 7 pm, though.

I haven't seen any activity schedules posted, I'll look tomorrow to see if I notice one. Didn't get one with my welcome package.

What are pool hours right now?

Does anyone have a clever way of using a Fire Stick with the TV in the LR and being able to plug the cord for the into the outlet?
With the TV set up in the corner on the shelving unit/TV stand, there's no way of moving it to get to the outlet to plug it in.

Any ideas?

I'm asking this as a solo traveler whose first stay at BC was the 2nd week in November where it rained every darn day and my only TV options were the resort's cable. I watched MANY movies on TCM that trip!
I have had this problem at a few different resorts, but I was able to run our Firestick off of one of those portable power sticks that you can use to charge or run your phone on the go. The Firestick doesn't draw a lot of power and the portable power stick took forever to run down. So just charge it every once and awhile. You will need something with at least 1A output to make sure it provides enough power otherwise the Firestick may reboot pretty often. I say the more Amp output the better and most power sticks have 3A or higher. You should be able to get one for less than $25 if you don't have one already.

woo hoo!
so glad I found this. We are going to Bonne Creek for the first time in April 2021. This is our first time we will not be staying on Disney property. Not going to lie, we are apprehensive about it. Is it easy to get to the parks? (also first time renting a car and such) is the shuttle a good option? any and all tips and suggestions to get familiar with this new resort appreciated. Best rooms etc.

woo hoo!
so glad I found this. We are going to Bonne Creek for the first time in April 2021. This is our first time we will not be staying on Disney property. Not going to lie, we are apprehensive about it. Is it easy to get to the parks? (also first time renting a car and such) is the shuttle a good option? any and all tips and suggestions to get familiar with this new resort appreciated. Best rooms etc.
I don’t know how much the shuttle costs currently or what its schedule is, but last time we stayed at WBC it was much more convenient to drive our car - even though we had to pay for parking, it was worth it. DS (free parking there), Epcot and DHS are more or less next door, MK and AK a little farther but good signage and directions for all.

Is it easy to get to the parks? (also first time renting a car and such) is the shuttle a good option?
any and all tips and suggestions to get familiar with this new resort appreciated. Best rooms etc.
I think it's very easy to drive to the parks from Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Use your Maps app. The resort is located geographically between CBR/Riviera and OKW. So it's just as fast to drive to the parks as as it is to drive from any of those resorts, and somewhat faster than from the Value resorts or from AKL to the other 3 parks, IMO.

If you have a car, it may cost similar to pay for daily parking at a Disney resort vs. paying for theme park parking on park days only from CWBC. Rideshare for smaller travel groups (2, 3, 4, no carseats) costs are similar as well, IMO. We personally have never taken the shuttle because it's at limited times, we'd have to reserve space in advance, and it's about $8/round-trip/person, which quickly adds up as well.

For room locations, we like any lake view room above the first floor (more privacy) or any outward-facing room above the 8th floor (this is above treeline, with high skyline views of Disney park icons or other distant, area theme parks, attractions, and resorts). People who want to avoid the elevators may prefer 1st floor. Best tower is subjective but they're all walkable around the lake to all amenities. When WDW has fireworks, we like a fireworks view room but that's not applicable currently. So for us for now, we simply enjoy any tower location at this beautiful, fun resort.

When you check in, make sure you get the paper that lists current pool hours for each of the pools, including the Pirate Pool by the hotel & find out which pool towel check-out counters are open during your stay (may be different during high/low season). If you want to use inflatable inner tubes on the floating rivers, pack them - the ones for sale are overpriced (they used to supply them but they disappeared with Covid). If you have young children, don't miss the splash play area by the main pool. If you want to play (free) mini-golf and/or ping pong, call or text the activity desk to reserve a time - especially during Glow Golf hours in the evening (popular). If you like bar drinks, check out the daily drink specials and if you like ice cream, don't miss the Scooops shop in the main building (yes, the name has an extra "O" or 2). These are all things we missed on our early visits to this beautiful, fun resort. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I don't remember the specifics, but I'm sure I had no problems using my Chromecast. Can you plug a Firestick directly into the TV's USB for power?

I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I recently booked a stay at WBC through Vacation Strategy by purchasing one of the member deals, or "hot deals". They are non refundable. Anyways, I'm having some serious doubts about my plans now and wondering what my options are. I know I can't cancel through Vacation Strategy and get a refund, but can I sell the room to someone else and just have the reservation changed to their name? How would I go about doing that? Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter